Mortgage Floor Clause Question

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Aug 2019 7:55 PM by miravet Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi, we filed against the Sabadell in February 2018. The bank was originally the Caixa Penedes, As it is now August 2019 I wondered if anyone has had a successful court decision and also how long did it take. The court dealing  ( or not) is in Tarragona .

Basically I just need to know that there are some successes and how long the court process took

Lorna x

Like 0      
07 Aug 2019 4:51 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Re court delays/collapse in Spain and to put this into perspective .....

According to this article back in October 2018 

https://www.judicaregroup.com/site/blog/brazil-blog/spanish-court

To give you an idea as to the figures; consider that from April 2017 to March 2018 there were 208,651 new Floor Clause Claims lodged at Court and during the same period of time only 29,849 Floor Clause Claims were resolved through the Courts. As you can see they weren’t even resolving the same number that they receive, let alone getting through the backlog.”

The article went on to confirm however “More Judges have been brought in and in the case of Floor Clause Claims, new Courts are being established to work their way through the backlog.”.

Given all of the above, perhaps best you ask your legal representative to request the court procurator handling your case to advise on current delays in your relevant region, as each region appear to be affected differently. In other words people could respond to your request for info but it might not prove relevant to your specific court region.

Like 0      
09 Aug 2019 4:12 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

sorry but you could be waiting a long long time.....Try contacting Maria de Castro on here, her company Costa Luz lawyers has had many successes and may be able to give you some answers

Like 1      
10 Aug 2019 1:38 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

I now wonder if those compromised by major court and judicial delays who have been fighting for justice with regard to Bank Guarantee claims ( ley 57/68) for all too many years, are now being further compromised by judges being moved to other courts in response to the large numbers of floor clause claims?

Perhaps Maria could confirm if this is happening and if so can anything be done to resolve this problem?

This message was last edited by ads on 10/08/2019.

Like 0      
26 Jan 2021 9:13 AM by miravet Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Just thought I would add an update for anyone trying to get money back from a floor clause in their deeds.

As you can see from my other post I filed against the Sabadell bank in February 2018.

Well we had to use a company to fight our cause and initially we lost because the bank claimed I had signed a disclaimer which I had no knowledge of, it appeared that when I was invited to change the terms of my mortgage to a fixed rate, the bank manager managed to sneak in the disclaimer, as I don't have great Spanish I had no idea I was signing my rights away.

Sooooo we appealed and on the 13th of Jan, the appeal was hear and WE WON !!!

So any of you guys going through it, hold your nerve. x

Lorna

Like 2      
26 Jan 2021 5:44 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

Hi, my wife has managed to claim from the bank (Caja Rural) last year.  In 2017 she submitted all documentation to a firm of solicitors in Malaga on a no win no fee basis.  They established that there was a valid claim and the court process began.  Two years later she went to court and won the case.  The bank appealed.  Two years later (2020) the bank decided to settle out of court and case closed.I will point out that although she signed paperwork changing the mortgage and probably a disclaimer the court chose to ignore this disclaimer.  The solicitors fee was 20% of the award made to her.

Hope this helps, just be prepared for a long wait.

Like 0      
17 Feb 2021 6:27 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Congrats!

Legal costs are imposed to Banks in these cases.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
18 Dec 2021 9:45 PM by MikeandHelen Star rating. 193 posts Send private message

Maria, 

Is there any update to the situation with Floor Clauses and other charges that were deemed unlawful? 

Thanks.

Mike.

Like 0      
18 Dec 2021 11:50 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

You can find here an article on all abusive clauses:

https://costaluzlawyers.es/blog/list-of-all-abusive-clauses-that-a-mortgage-may-contain/

Please, feel free to make any questiion

Best

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
19 Dec 2021 9:22 PM by MikeandHelen Star rating. 193 posts Send private message

Maria,

Thanks for the link.

Will be in touch,

Mike.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Water - 2 posts
Watching Football Training in Barcelona - 0 posts
Horizontal Property Law and Apartment Block Barbecues - 2 posts
Drones and traffic fines - 17 posts
Spanish Law/HPL - 5 posts
CBD Capsules - 6 posts
Guardamar or torrevieja - 3 posts
Banking - 6 posts
Buying Beef - 5 posts
Patronato De Recaudacion Provincial. - 3 posts
Losing my NIE/TIE - 5 posts
Bringing plants to Spain - 3 posts
inter active cadastral map of spain - 3 posts
Property Extensions and community charges - 9 posts
Won appeal court hearing! - 12 posts
Hello everyone - 1 posts
Urbanization Cabo Romano, La Manga Del Mar Menor - 0 posts
Driving 'motos' in Spain - 4 posts
extra fees for rental properties - 56 posts
Utilities changeover - 5 posts
CostaluzLawyers fight against Banks very much ON! - 4 posts
Can you purchase a used car and obtain insurance in Spain with a United States drivers license Without owning property? - 10 posts
What Power do the community Magament have - 14 posts
Registered Club Bank Account in Spain - 0 posts
Community Charges - Finding the person who manages the accounts - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x