Banking

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Jul 2019 11:38 AM by Chrisware84 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hello I was wondering what to do as my uncle passed away in Spain and when we went through his belongings we found a safety deposit key it has a Santander ribbon on it but there were no documents regarding what branch it was in he lived in orba and my uncle always shredded documents like me staments we have no idea what Santander branch his safety deposit box is in all we have is the key we have contacted a number of branch's with the reply we need his bank account details or him well he's passed away so don't know how we can do that we have no idea who to contact and all our emails to Santander Madrid have not even replied

Like 0      
26 Jul 2019 2:16 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

I bet they already know which box it is now that you have flagged it up and are sharing out the booty already.

Like 1      
26 Jul 2019 2:42 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Is there nothing in the paperwork to show the account number? Not even a bill with some of the numbers blanked out to even give a hint as to which branch (the code near the beginning of the account number will show the bank and branch).

At least it would give the bank a hint on where to start. No hint as to online banking password etc?

Like 0      
26 Jul 2019 4:09 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Maybe check with Soliciters here in Spain or UK. Also look for a will lodged in Spain.

Also ask utility companies such as water , Elecricity or at the Town House on IBI Rates .

Good Luck

Nigel

Like 0      
26 Jul 2019 5:01 PM by Chrisware84 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Nope no booty  just my Nan's and grandad birth certificate uncles will and his st George necklace  but no documents what so ever I don't know how many Santander's with safety deposits are still open In Costa Blanca all I know is it's between orba and Alicante it's like bloody national treasure we wrote to Santander head office and they never replied

Like 0      
26 Jul 2019 10:14 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Wouldn’t an executor of your Uncle’s will have legal authority to request the information from Santander in order to settle the will?

Just a thought.

Like 0      
26 Jul 2019 10:21 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

1. First of all , was your Uncle a Non-resident or Resident in Spain. Did he Own or Rent a Property here in Spai.

2. Who are the Executors of  your Uncle's Will in Spain.

3. You will need to obtain copies of the last Statement for Water as well as Electricity. As these Bills are normally paid by direct debit, the Banking Details should appear on either or both  of these bills. A Gestor or Notary should be able to advise you how to obtain these copies.

4. Once these Banking Details have been established then you will have the Bank & Branch where your Uncle had maintained his Banking Account. Then if this Branch has been closed it should be easy to establish to which Branch all these Accounts were transferred to.

This message was last edited by nigel188 on 26/07/2019.

This message was last edited by nigel188 on 26/07/2019.

Nigel

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Buying Beef - 5 posts
Patronato De Recaudacion Provincial. - 3 posts
Losing my NIE/TIE - 5 posts
Bringing plants to Spain - 3 posts
inter active cadastral map of spain - 3 posts
Property Extensions and community charges - 9 posts
Won appeal court hearing! - 12 posts
Hello everyone - 1 posts
Urbanization Cabo Romano, La Manga Del Mar Menor - 0 posts
Driving 'motos' in Spain - 4 posts
extra fees for rental properties - 56 posts
Utilities changeover - 5 posts
CostaluzLawyers fight against Banks very much ON! - 4 posts
Can you purchase a used car and obtain insurance in Spain with a United States drivers license Without owning property? - 10 posts
What Power do the community Magament have - 14 posts
Registered Club Bank Account in Spain - 0 posts
Community Charges - Finding the person who manages the accounts - 5 posts
Bank account commission in Spain to be capped at €3 a month - 14 posts
Volunteer assistants - 1 posts
COMMUNITY FALSE ROOFS IN APARTMENT BLOCKS - 2 posts
spanish car reregistered in germany. now need to deregister in spain. - 1 posts
Are Holiday Rental Sites Safe - 4 posts
Water Company (help) - 6 posts
LOOKING FOR LONG TERM RENTAL WITH INDOOR POOL - 2 posts
Will - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x