Community Charges - Finding the person who manages the accounts

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Jul 2019 9:09 PM by peter_carey0601 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hello

i have an apartment in Almería Retemar within the Mirador del Cabo de Gata complex however since I live abroad I do not receive the community charges. Can anyone help me understand how to go about tracking the agent in charge of the community charges. I am guessing the accounts need to be registered and submitted to a Government body?

please help

peter

Like 0      
03 Jul 2019 10:39 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Not quite understanding the question, however.

The people responsible for collecting your community charges are the administrators of the complex. They will tell the president of the community and the committe how much they need to pay all the outgoings and advise on the level to be set.

You need to contact either the community president or the community administrators direct to find out how much has been agreed.

You should also get a copy of the minutes of each meeting and a copy of the accounts each year. If not, make sure the administrators have your correct email address. The minutes should also reflect any changes to the community charge.

Like 0      
03 Jul 2019 11:03 PM by peter_carey0601 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi

i live abroad and never receive any charge for community fees. I’m therefore trying to find contact details of the Administrator or managing agent.

Regards

Peter

Like 0      
04 Jul 2019 8:36 AM by thenightmare Star rating in Formentera Del Segur.... 38 posts Send private message

I would start either with your solicitor or estate agent that dealt with your purchase.  Ask who the administrator is of your complex.  From then on you will be able to make contact via email to put your mind to rest.

Like 0      
04 Jul 2019 11:22 AM by nitram Star rating in castalla. 175 posts Send private message

Contact a  Neighbour or friend then get on the President /Administartor´s e-mail service, Question how have you been paying fees before hand ¿

Like 0      
04 Jul 2019 9:59 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

The lawyer who acted on your purchase, should have asked for a Community Debt Certificate from the Community Administrator.

If there was any debt on the property this would remain on the property and become your liability.

I would certainly hope your lawyer has done this for you, if so they should have informed the Community Administrator of your contact details for all correspondence such as invoices for fees, AGM notices and minutes.

If not, Panic, no seriously check with any of your neighbours for Administrators contact details.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bank account commission in Spain to be capped at €3 a month - 14 posts
Volunteer assistants - 1 posts
COMMUNITY FALSE ROOFS IN APARTMENT BLOCKS - 2 posts
spanish car reregistered in germany. now need to deregister in spain. - 1 posts
Are Holiday Rental Sites Safe - 4 posts
Water Company (help) - 6 posts
LOOKING FOR LONG TERM RENTAL WITH INDOOR POOL - 2 posts
Will - 5 posts
Spanish utility bills paid from UK Bank. - 4 posts
obtaining hearing aids - 11 posts
Moving to Nerja and finding a school - 3 posts
Spain’s monumental glut of new homes is still massive - 75 posts
No escritura for EMASA - 21 posts
NEW SPANISH MORTGAGE LAW - 13 posts
Case won by Costs Luz Lawyers - 2 posts
airbnb in Majorca - 0 posts
Costaluz lawyers - 0 posts
Full list of cases won by Costaluz-DeCastro in 2019 - 0 posts
Two Recently Won Cases against banks at the Supreme Court by CostaLuz Lawyers and DeCastro teams - 10 posts
Executors/Probate - 6 posts
Somewhere not too hot! - 5 posts
Can they really do this? - 4 posts
good service in Barcelona! - 0 posts
Gardenwaste - 2 posts
First Time Purchase in Spain - 28 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x