WH Smith Corvera Airport Rip Off Water

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Mar 2019 7:05 AM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

I returned to the UK from Corvera airport for the first time yesterday. After going through security I thought I would get a couple of bottles or water from the WH Smith store. I couldn't believe the price! 6 euros for 2 bottles. I decided not to purchase and have a look arounfd. I found the same size bottles were only 1.50 euros each from the many vending machines making them half the price, and the smaller bottles 1 euro each.. I thought last year that after an investigation that the price was capped at airports. Does anyone know who to complain to in Spain about this blatant ignoring of the rules?

Like 0      
13 Mar 2019 8:44 AM by Mrsubby Star rating. 75 posts Send private message

Best way to complain is silently and not purchase them as you have rightly done.

hopefully everyone will do the same!

Thanks for the info, I will make sure I don’t purchase anything from WH Smith.

i have noticed that car hire is cheaper on a like for like bases at Alicante Airportt, also quite a lot of flights to Alicante are cheaper too (From Manchester)

think they are trying it on!

If I have to fly Ryanair I don’t purchase anything onboard, due to having to pay for baggage and if you want to sit together Jet2 EasyJet still free for example.

may all sound a bit petty but we keep putting up with all these higher costs they will continue to do it.

Like 2      
13 Mar 2019 8:51 AM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Perhaps you should report them to the Civil Guard or Policia Nacional if you believe they are breaking government rules.

Like 0      
13 Mar 2019 10:09 AM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

angeleyes

Thanks for the reples.

I use Corvera because Alicante is 60 miles from our place, whereas Corvera is only about 20. I always used to fly with Jet2, but their prices are ridiculous compared to Ryanair and they stopped the winter schedule to Murcia some years ago. I also dont buy anything onboard, buying my water in the airport and taking sandwiches. With regard to Car hire my cheapest in Murcia has been 7 euros for a week, last week I paid 10 euros.

Like 0      
13 Mar 2019 11:10 AM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Jarvi, I guess you put up your own sandwiches from home to save money. Have you thought about taking an empty water bottle through and filling it with free water in the toilets? Tap water is perfectly safe in Spain and UK.

Like 0      
13 Mar 2019 11:58 AM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

angeleyes.

Yes I do the sandwiches both at home and in Spain.

I know its safe to drink the water in Spain, however I am not keen on the taste (we even use bottled water to make coffee in Spain as the tap water tastes so different) and its a medical fact that even drinking water in different regions of the UK can give you an upset stomach due to the differing minerals etc that are in it, that you may not be used to consuming.

Like 0      
13 Mar 2019 12:29 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Jarvi, as they say you can’t have your cake and eat it. Seems you want luxury water at tap water price, this has been everyone’s fantasy since life began.

For your information, tap water when boiled is as perfect as any bottled water and just as tasteless. It’s all in the mind.

Like 0      
13 Mar 2019 3:03 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Maybe I am spoiled with Yorkshire tap water, the best in the world IMHO.

Like 0      
14 Mar 2019 7:20 AM by mib150 Star rating in Corvera / Yorkshire. 125 posts Send private message

Can't beat Calderdale Council pop 😉

Like 1      
22 Mar 2019 7:25 PM by Mrsubby Star rating. 75 posts Send private message

Hi Jarvi

Murcia Today news.

Bottled water to cost only 1 euro at Corvera airport shops.

Aena are introducing price limits in shops as well as vending machines and supplying free drinking water fountains in airports throughout Spain.

looks like someone listens no matter how trivial to others👍

This message was last edited by Mrsubby on 22/03/2019.

Like 2      
22 Mar 2019 9:14 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

That's good, the Yorkshire contingent will be pleased, they obviously like the stuff. 

Just as well really, they do get a lot of it up there.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Introduction - 1 posts
Tax and Residency - Staying in Spain between 3 months and 6 months a year - 6 posts
mobility scooter - 14 posts
Brexit effect - 102 posts
Exchange Spanish LHD car for UK rhd car - 7 posts
Firefly/Do You Spain extra charge for 75+ drivers - 10 posts
Suitability of Location for Air Con Units - 3 posts
Spain post Brexit for British residents. - 68 posts
Buying a rural property in the Malaga region - 22 posts
Campo delivery of water - 5 posts
Funds seized by La Caixa for alleged tax avoidance...next steps? - 3 posts
Are the days of Freeloaders limited in Spain? - 44 posts
Reassurance needed - 21 posts
Comfort in numbers. - 19 posts
Car Hire & Excess Insurance - 9 posts
Open gate for Ocean View/ Palmera buyers - 0 posts
Residencia Certificate encripted with Permanent Residence - 7 posts
Which Costa del Sol school? - 0 posts
Flight prices to Corvera - 3 posts
For sale yamaha RGXAZ electric guitar - 0 posts
property rental - 7 posts
Hello, a couple of retired brits. - 2 posts
Interest delays vs Brexit - 9 posts
Social Security Contributions - 3 posts
recent amendments to horizontal act regarding disabled and elderly - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x