Window Tints

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by RG Star rating. 299 posts Send private message

Does anyone know what the law says in Spain about applying privacy tint film to the cars windows. I am thinking of doing this to cut down on heat when the car is parked in the sun but need to make sure not to foul the law.

Like 0      
25 Sep 2007 7:42 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Someone I knew asked about it and then you could do all the windows except for the windscreen. A reliable window tint company would be able to advise you

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
25 Sep 2007 7:45 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I think you have to have it done by an approved company, and you must keep all the paperwork pertaining to it. Otherwise, you could have problems at your next ITV.

Something to do with homologation? Is that a word?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
25 Sep 2007 10:15 PM by RG Star rating. 299 posts Send private message

The car is at the moment in the UK, it is a LHD which I will eventually put onto Spanish plates. I was thinking of getting it done through trade contacts I have in the UK before bringing the car to Spain so how would the paperwork / ITV situation apply in that case? Does anyone know any tinting companies in Spain where I can find out more info?

Like 0      
26 Sep 2007 12:55 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

You forgot to mention where in Spain. It's a pretty big place!

Reparalunas, Avda Joan Miro, 27, Torremolinos, Malaga. Tel/fax: 952 050 236, mobile: 658 694 191

or check your local Yellow Pages (Paginas Amarillas) under "Cristalerias para vehiculos."

Don't know about getting the car re-registered from over there. It has to be inspected and issued with a ficha tecnica or something, and then tested at an ITV centre. But maybe your contacts know more?

Mark Twain

Like 0      
26 Sep 2007 2:33 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

26 Sep 2007 9:37 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Thank you, I'll have a house point for that then. But please sir, what does it mean?!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
27 Sep 2007 11:39 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Isnt it what they do to milk - makes it taste awful!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
27 Sep 2007 11:53 AM by Rusty2712 Star rating in Benalmadena Costa. 71 posts Send private message

Roberto

it basically means agree or comes up to some standard

Rixxy,

You are thinking of Homoginisation

Like 0      
27 Sep 2007 4:48 PM by RG Star rating. 299 posts Send private message

Hi Roberto, Sorry I meant get the window tints done in the UK not the transfer to Spanish plates that will be done once the car is in Spain. Thanks for the contact I will give them a ring soon.

Like 0      
27 Sep 2007 6:43 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

RG, my mistake, your post was perfectly clear, my head wasn't!

I definitely think it would be best to wait until you are here (Spain) to get it done by an authorised dealer. Other people have reported probelms re-registering their cars because they had tow bars or tyres which didn't appear on the original specification, and had no "official" paperwork from when they were fitted. I actually was forced to remove a factory fitted towbar on a car I imported, because the Spanish specification didn't include one. The fact that the nearest equivalent Spanish spec for my vehicle was for a diesel engined version, whilst mine had a petrol engine, didn't seem to matter; it just got registered in Spain as a diesel - but the towbar had to go!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
27 Sep 2007 6:57 PM by RG Star rating. 299 posts Send private message

If that is the case perhaps I should wait till i get spanish plates and then get the tints done. All the same I will be in Spain (costa del sol) next week so will give the tint company you gave details for a ring / visit. Roberto did you handle the importation of your car yourself or did you give it to a gestor? I hope it is as easy (& cheap) as registering the car in the UK (i bought it from Germany) but somehow I doubt that!

Like 0      
27 Sep 2007 7:27 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I used a gestor, and would recommend you do the same unless you have nerves of steel! I very much doubt it will be as simple as it was in the UK. Crikey, you must love your Berlingo!

Whereabouts CDS? Let me know if you would like a recommendation for a gestor and/or lawyer in Torremolinos.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
27 Sep 2007 10:43 PM by RG Star rating. 299 posts Send private message

Berlingo? I don't have a Berlingo! I am going to be in Fuengirola. I have a lawyer already but wouldn't mind a recommendation for a good gestor.

Like 0      
27 Sep 2007 11:21 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Give me a break, I already told you my mind isn't working right! So where's the thread with the guy bringing a Berlingo?

Jose Maria Caro is a gestor used by many expats along the coast. Does my tax returns ('cos I can't be bothered) and took care of all the boring legal stuff for my business. I find them very reasonable. He and most of his staff speak English. The office is in Torremolinos, C/Rio Mesa 22, Edificio Barbarela, 1st floor - same building as the notary, behind the bus station.

Tel: 952 370746

e-mail: jmcaro@teleline.es

Mark Twain

Like 0      
29 Sep 2007 9:36 AM by RG Star rating. 299 posts Send private message

Thanks Roberto, I shall give Jose a ring soon.

Like 0      
30 Sep 2007 4:36 PM by ssd Star rating in Spain. 12 posts Send private message

ssd´s avatar
Friend of mine took his Ford Explorer pickup (with film tints on all windows) to ITV last week, and had to literally slit them and rip them off whilst they were looking at other things or they would not pass it! - Beware.

Like 0      
01 Oct 2007 10:57 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Doesnt suprise me. One car I had was fitted with wide wheels - not on the original spec (spanish car) I had to change them for the original tyres for the ITV then change them back afterwards!

A good gestor in Fuengirola is Gary Carter, opposite the buss station and comes highly recommended - my parents used him for years and still do, I have used him for the 12 years I have been here - knows how to handle the spanish tax laws but works it like a true english accountant!

his office number is 952 666 708 email is ca_asesores@pro-netonline.com the chap in his office does speak a little english, so may be better to email

Good luck and enjoy the drive!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
01 Oct 2007 6:05 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

".....knows how to handle the spanish tax laws but works it like a true english accountant!"

But if you work the books over like a proper English estate agent first, there's not much left for him to do anyway, right?

Mark Twain

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 12:14 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Ah so true in the good old days - now everyone insists on invoices which means haciendaman is a really happy bunny!

What was wrong with good notes anyway!!

Still - the Spanish are still the best at cooking, if you know what I mean 

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

miss sold a marina dor apartment - 21 posts
Save a Street Child in Nepal for Just 1,50€ per Day!!!!!!!!!!!! - 0 posts
Offering my recommendations. - 2 posts
Property Management in Sucina. - 5 posts
Congratulations to Gina & her husband on the occasion of their Silver Wedding - 3 posts
directions from murcia airport please - 1 posts
news on block 7 - 3 posts
Feedback from Mar Azul??? - 0 posts
Home Insurance - 2 posts
Vacancy!!!!!!! - 29 posts
hand luggage - 5 posts
quesada bowling club - 3 posts
Bucket club - 1 posts
Wanted, long term rent, 2 bed in / around Duquesa / Sabinillas / Estepona - 1 posts
eBay sales!!!! - 3 posts
HI everyone . - 2 posts
air conditioning/furniture packages fuengirola - 1 posts
Community pool - 4 posts
Just put our name down for an apartment at Mar y Sol... - 60 posts
Directions - 14 posts
Things to Information. Have a LOOK !!! - 0 posts
Monarch Cancelled flight today - 13 posts
Interesting article - 2 posts
Swimming pool regulations in spain to require a lifeguard or not - 2 posts
Help in Time of Need - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 20

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x