Just put our name down for an apartment at Mar y Sol...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by AstroJill Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

The place sounds great.
Is it?
Cheers,
Jill
PS You lot sound really friendly.

Like 0      
22 Sep 2007 8:41 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

Hi Jill, dont know the apartments, but someone in here will!  Where are they located?

enjoy the forum

Like 0      
22 Sep 2007 8:50 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Jill,

Ask away.......................  BTW where is Mar y Sol?

Like 0      
22 Sep 2007 9:13 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Jill, is it the Mar Y Sol at Formentera,  we have looked at them they look very nice and it is a lovely area.   Good Luck Pat

Like 0      
22 Sep 2007 10:51 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Jill

Eye On Spain

Like 0      
22 Sep 2007 11:35 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Thought all this was going in the bucket club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
22 Sep 2007 11:39 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
All I did was welcome a new member, Leema. Do you have such a problem with that ?

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 12:06 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
This is getting very silly now!!!!!!

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 12:12 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Couldn't agree more!

When Justin removed the "bucket" thread from the last 20 posts, that solved the issue that everyone was moaning about.

However, if the "bucketeers" want to use their pictures & glitter within a response to a question or as part of a welcome message - what is the problem?

Come on everyone, a bit of compromise never hurt!!

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 12:29 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Well that's probably another member that won't want to bother again,

I suggest pm's in future for comments that are relevant.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 8:30 AM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

what a good idea Gina

If anyone seriously objects to my "signature" or avatar (as those are the only pictures or glitter i am posting outside of the bucket thread) please PM me .... and i will respond appropriately

This message was last edited by AuntieEm on 9/23/2007.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 8:50 AM by AstroJill Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Thanks, Pat - yes, it's at Formentera.
Our agent is telling us that they have come up for sale on completion because the interest rate's gone up and folks are backing out.  He says that the builder's giving them their money back - and we don't have to put any dosh down for a year - on a 100% mortgage with cash back as well.
It just sounds too good to be true and we're wondering what the catch could be.
Thank you all, too, for your welcoming posts.
Jill
PS It's 'Astro' 'cos I do astrology -so in theory I ought to be able to work out the answer to my own question, eh?

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 9:04 AM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Looks like the builder is having problems

Good developments in general do not have to offer give away terms and 100 % mortgages

All built in to the price.....just like guaranteed rentals!

However, if you do your research and make sure that everything is in order and you really like it , then it may just be the life style change you are seeking

And if you are paying too much now, and/or have a few problems in time it may turn out OK....and of course you would have had lots of enjoyment

Buying a holiday home or even part/full time is not just about making money.....it's about life style change

But if you are buying as an investment , only go for the best developments  

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 9:27 AM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

Gosh Jill ... you are right ... either that is a great opportunity or there's a catch ... the tricky bit is finding out which!   A bit of research needed

I am very interested in what you are saying so will send you a PM

Hope all goes well for you

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 10:38 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Jill, yes it is where I thought it was their is a couple that write in on here that have actually bought on that complex they might be able to help you more.  I would love to know who the agent is, it does sound to good to be true but perphaps that's what has to be done at the moment.   If so go for it as I said it is a great are and a lovely village, we are down the road to you  we came back in April since then a few more shops have been opened so I have been told and a few more bars.   Well please keep us all informed sounds very good.  Pat

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 10:45 AM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Gill that sounds very good, l have an apartment under construction at the moment on the Brisas del Mar blocks just in front of the Mar y Sol apartments, they are being built by the same builder (Palacios Mar) He (they have a good reputation) he has several finished projects in the area and they all seem of a very good standard,no probs with licences etc They have a proper built office in Formentera (not a porter cabin) l will be popping in myself when l am over 1st 2weeks oct auntie em l will try to find out more for you, so far l have found them to be good to deal with.unlike my first apartment in Almoradi (another Story). Gill have a word with lrene and Alan who bought one in March (l think) l have spoke with them and they are very pleased with there apartment.Regards Pat.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 10:49 AM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

Thanks Pat, that would be great

We are going over on Tuesday, but we are still getting to know the area, so probably wont be able to find anything we are looking for! LOL

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 10:58 AM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Auntie Em l will be following out next sun it is hard sometimes to see and do everything you plan to as events take over.Gill will you be going out to look around the area and speak with the builder etc. Auntie Em the weather has improved .Pat.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 11:03 AM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

thanks Pat ... I will take the jumpers and balaclavas back out of the suitcase!

I cant wait to have a place out there to leave a selection of clothing and then i wont worry about what to pack!

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 12:09 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

You're right to do further research as this deal does sound to good to be true.

I'd be dubious about taking out a 100% mortgage in the current climate and with cash back you're over paying from the start.  I'd rather have that money taken of the outstanding balance of the mortgage or is supposed to help with the buying fees.

It would depend on your circumstances and also whether you are happy to stay in this apartment for some time.  If not then a few years down the line you could find yourself with a large debt if you sold it.

I did a lot of research before I started searching for a property and around the same time as Britain went into a recession Spain suffered as well.  The properties were halved in value and stayed that way until the Euro changeover and a lot of black money was used to purchase property.  I was looking around this time and couldn't believe how much property had gone up each time I went back over to continue searching.

We had to re-mortgage our house here in UK speculating on my husbands inheritance, when we went for our interview with the mortgage advisor I insisted he give me a forecast for what the repayments would be if interest rates rose to 8% (what I considered to be the worse case scenario at the time)

I suggest you do the same and as long as you can comfortably afford it then go ahead if everything works out ok.  You'll also have to factor in the yearly bills and some apartments can have large community bills in the first couple of years until the community is up and running.

Life in Spain is good as long as you walk into it with both eyes open and I'm sure you'll find your dream property even if it doesn't turn out to be this one.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Directions - 14 posts
Things to Information. Have a LOOK !!! - 0 posts
Monarch Cancelled flight today - 13 posts
Interesting article - 2 posts
Swimming pool regulations in spain to require a lifeguard or not - 2 posts
Help in Time of Need - 6 posts
Badminton - 2 posts
HELP ! ONE DOUBLE BED REQUIRED AND DELIVERED ON SET DAY!! - 10 posts
Holiday rental needed 14th oct - playa flamenca - la florida - 1 posts
Getting your 16-18 year Old Thru. to Becoming a Professional Here in Spain. - 3 posts
Goodfellas Playa Flamenca - 3 posts
INSPECTION TRIP FEEDBACK SOUGHT FOR ARTICLE PLEASE - 8 posts
Advisable to appoint a lawyer when selling ? - 3 posts
SUMA payments - 7 posts
Lo Crispin - 5 posts
What is CDS ? - 2 posts
Restaurants in Totana, Murcia - 2 posts
PRE-FABRICATED POOLS - 0 posts
Great restaurant for a special birthday - 14 posts
Lawyers! - 8 posts
I'VE GIVEN UP SMOKING! - 88 posts
Indian in Almoradi - 0 posts
Santa Ana Jumilia - 4 posts
Land opposite Lidl's at Playa Flamenca - 12 posts
Coordinated Lifestyles / CU InSpain - 16 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 60

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x