Berta

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 May 2018 8:41 PM by Berta Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi everyone. Having been on Google Search....Correos....Royal Mail.Uk. I cannot find an answer to my question.  Am I allowed to send over the counter medication (i.e.  OMAPRAZOLE) from Spain,where I live,to the UK? While I am asking for advice please,can send a watch to England? Gracias.

Like 0      
26 May 2018 8:48 PM by tracyandy Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

A couple of months ago i sent insulin in the post, just put it in a padded envelope. Arrived ok.

Like 1      
26 May 2018 9:02 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Whilst we are still in the EU you can send a watch to UK (or any other EU country) with no duty.

You're not supposed to send medication through the post according to this:

Maybe your friend needs a drug that he has been using for a long time or maybe the price of one medicine in one country is significantly cheaper than in another European country. Regardless of the reason, you should be aware of the fact that you can be fined for shipping prescription drugs in Europe or this might even land you in jail if the substance is prohibited in the delivery country.

In some countries, shipping foreign drugs is allowed under certain circumstances:

• if the medicine is not available in the country;
  • if the shipper provides the proof that the medicine is for personal use along with the contact details of the physician under whose surveillance he/she will be;
  • if the pills are needed in order to continue a treatment that the person started in a different country.*

But many people do. I know if you send through Correos they ask you to declare the contents but the ubiquitous Brit post offices around don't. 

* It specifically says prescription drugs in that bit but the rest of the article states OTC medication as well.

This message was last edited by mariedav on 26/05/2018.

Like 1      
27 May 2018 11:13 AM by Berta Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Just hoping to help my daughter out,by sending her some OMAPRAZOLE occasionally. Scripts are so expensive in the uk now.She will pay £8,and I can buy them for 2.20 euros here.Maybe not a good idea? Regards sending a watch,I don't know wether you have to send with the battery in situ,or remove it? Not sure how to post on this site yet,so am not sure who I have replied to???? Thanks to everyone though. 

Like 1      
28 May 2018 9:27 AM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Can she ask her uk doctor to increase the number of pills in a one item charge on the prescription?   

Sounds better solution than risking a smuggling action to start with. 

Best wishes, Brian

Like 1      
29 May 2018 9:27 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Battery should be left in a watch. 

Like 1      
30 May 2018 8:36 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Hello Berta and welcome to EOS

Why not go to the Correos office and ask your questions there. ** EDITED **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 5/30/2018 11:49:00 AM.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Holiday Rental Licence - 0 posts
best areas to live in denia - 5 posts
Bank withdrawal - 3 posts
Key Holder required for 2 apartments - 1 in VillaMartin and 1 in La Mata - 1 posts
Car insurance - 27 posts
How Foreigners bought their homes in Spain in 2017 - 1 posts
need a rental in gran caneria asap - 0 posts
Land registry - 0 posts
Advice needed - 5 posts
Santander to Vera - 4 posts
Mid/Long Term Parking UK Car in Benidorm/Alacante - 2 posts
The beauty of EU Directive 2016/680 - 9 posts
Power of attorney - 8 posts
Earthquake around Pilar de la Horadada, Costa Blanca 11-5-2018 - 0 posts
Television - 2 posts
Transferring a properties ownership - 5 posts
Extra transfer tax - 19 posts
Tourist licence - 2 posts
Web Renta anomaly - 0 posts
Looking for a leasing agent in Montejaque Spain - 1 posts
English Speaking Lawyer - 9 posts
Registering a car owned by a relative - compulsory? - 8 posts
Changing Spanish Lawyer - 0 posts
Bankia codes - 6 posts
Bankia codes - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x