Transferring a properties ownership

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 May 2018 4:19 PM by Juliem47 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi after some parents have a place in Spain which due to illness they don't use anymore but I her daughter and I now use it and pay the fees and bills for it. We were wondering is it possible for them to transfer ownership over to me. If so how much would it cost and how do we do it.

Thank you

Transfer a property

Like 0      
10 May 2018 7:47 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2602 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I'm sure it can be done, but will it be worthwhile? When you buy a property, there is a X,000€ transfer tax to pay (can't remember figure, but 7k sticks in the mind). It would stand to reason that as this is still a transfer of ownership, that fee will still be payable.


Like 1      
10 May 2018 8:29 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1172 posts Send private message

There's not fixed transfer tax. The ITP (Impuesto de Transmisiones Patrimoniales) which is a fixed percentage depending on the region your live in.

Comunidad Valenciana and Catalonia is 10%  resale properties.

I think Murcia and Andalucia are 8% on resale properties.


Like 1      
11 May 2018 9:57 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1203 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Hello Julie and welcome to EOS

‘’transfer ownership over to me’’

Does that mean give it to you free? You need to go see a good lawyer who knows all about transfer tax and gift tax. Try Maria L de Castro on here, she seems trustworthy and switched on (unlike many lawyers).

There is enough in the world for everyone, but not enough for the greedy!

Like 2      
13 May 2018 7:26 AM by mib150 Star rating in Corvera / Yorkshire. 125 posts Send private message

If you try and transfer, I believe it is seen as a sale and toy have to pay the relevant taxes (even though no money may change hands).

I believe the best way is a donation/gift, taxes still need to be paid, but it is a cheaper option.

Like 1      
18 May 2018 7:21 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9380 posts Send private message

Legal Questions? Speak to Maria Direct

That would be a Gift ( Donación) which is taxed as an Inheritance


Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA



El blog de Maria

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Extra transfer tax - 19 posts
Tourist licence - 2 posts
Web Renta anomaly - 0 posts
Looking for a leasing agent in Montejaque Spain - 1 posts
English Speaking Lawyer - 4 posts
Registering a car owned by a relative - compulsory? - 8 posts
Changing Spanish Lawyer - 0 posts
Bankia codes - 6 posts
Bankia codes - 0 posts
Campsite - 2 posts
Modify Community Statutes restricting Debtors Rights - 1 posts
Cuidad Quesada - 9 posts
CAM bank mortgage now Sabadell help please. - 14 posts
Greetings from a Newbie - 6 posts
Disabled acess - 3 posts
Deleting binned private messages - 2 posts
Wills - 3 posts
Calais to Calahonda - 2 posts
NIE application - 2 posts
To rent an apartment without a job - 16 posts
illegal Business/Workers - 8 posts
Otagaz and GE Capital mortgages - 0 posts
Camper van on my land! - 17 posts
Car Rental Almeria Airport - 7 posts
Square media Los Alcazares - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x