Cuidad Quesada

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Apr 2018 1:47 PM by LeeWilliamson Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi, Myself and my wife plan to hopefully move to the Torrevieja area in the next several months and we are planning to long term rent.

Can anyone recommend a rental agent in the area please?

Thanks

Like 0      
26 Apr 2018 11:34 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

Good luck....but from what I hear property owners will not let out long term ...this is due to a Spanish law that basically turns the property in to a sitting tenancy ...making it impossible for a land lord to regain control.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 28/04/2018.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2018 6:50 PM by LeeWilliamson Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thanks for the information, iv seen plenty of properties to rent on 'Think Spain' for long term rental, so what would be the best thing to do?

Like 0      
29 Apr 2018 7:15 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

You can certainly make contact with estate agent's that are advertising for long term rentals...do not deal with private individuals ... don't pay any money until you have seen the property that is for rent ...you can make arrangement's to view via the NET ...then book a hotel for a week or two and have a good look around the area ...I am not to sure how old you are ..if you are under UK retirement age you will have a few things to take into consideration ...good luck.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2018 8:54 PM by LeeWilliamson Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thanks very much, Me and my wife are coming out to Spain, hopefully in the next couple of months, and having a 2 week holiday to have a good look around.

This may sound like a daft question but when i see a property i like, on a site like 'Think Spain' and want to send an email to enquire about the property, who is actually receiving the message?

Also, Im under retirement age but will be receiving a pension which will support our life in Spain.

Again, thanks very much for the information.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2018 10:09 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

Your email will go direct to the web site ..they will forward it on to the advertiser personally I would not bother with any web site's ..best way forward is for you to Google estate agents in the area you want to live in ..fly over and then deal with the agent's direct ...if you and your partner are under Retirement age you will both need to take out private Health care from day one of arrival in Spain ...the UK ehic card is only for UK holiday maker's ...you will be classed as Spanish residents all this information and more is available on the NET.you will also have to provide details of your income to the Spanish authorities ...so you will not become a burden to. the Spanish tax payer.

Like 0      
30 Apr 2018 1:46 PM by LeeWilliamson Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thats brilliant thanks very much for all your advice.

Like 0      
30 Apr 2018 3:37 PM by LeeWilliamson Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Also, who do you recommend for Health Insurance?

Like 0      
01 May 2018 9:21 AM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

If I was Lee I would play my cards quite differently. My mindset would be that I was going to Spain for up to six months for a look around....and would make up my mind at the end of my stay whether I wanted to become a resident. In other words do not come to Spain with mindset committed to live here from arrival at airport. Until the Spanish authorities are able to read his mind he is quite safe in this approach. That way he can steer clear of all paperwork relating to residency, but can still get an NIE, open a bank account, buy and insure a car., etc.  Even though he may not make up his mind whether to become a resident for six months there is no reason why he can't rent a house for a year because even if he decides not to become a resident he or his wife may well want to come and go over the following twelve months and require accomodation (providing that they each do not spend more than six months a year in Spain to comply with strict law which we all know is unenforced). Alternately he could start with a six month tenancy. He could also rely on his EHIC for stuff which cannot wait until he or his wife were planning to return to UK (in this case he would say he was returning six months after he arrives). 

Like 4      
03 May 2018 12:49 PM by LeeWilliamson Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi GuyT,

Thanks very much for your post and me and my wife are seriously now considering this approach as we were only going to rent a home for a maximum of 6 months anyway to see if we want to definitely stay, so thanks very much.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

CAM bank mortgage now Sabadell help please. - 14 posts
Greetings from a Newbie - 6 posts
Disabled acess - 3 posts
Deleting binned private messages - 2 posts
Wills - 3 posts
Calais to Calahonda - 2 posts
NIE application - 2 posts
To rent an apartment without a job - 16 posts
illegal Business/Workers - 8 posts
Otagaz and GE Capital mortgages - 0 posts
Camper van on my land! - 17 posts
Car Rental Almeria Airport - 7 posts
Square media Los Alcazares - 3 posts
Bank Owned Poroperties - 5 posts
Looking for pool renovation recommendations Lorca area - 6 posts
La Manga Ferry - 2 posts
How to inform Agencia Tributaria - 16 posts
renting villa long term but renting out for holiday lets - 4 posts
Additional carge on Commundad - 3 posts
Spanish Rental Taxes - why is it so complicated - help appreciated - 11 posts
Winter sun with plenty to do? - 4 posts
Spanish Legal Reclaim - 9 posts
RETURNING TO MENORCA - 16 posts
Adverse possession - 4 posts
Car Scrappage Costs - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x