Greetings from a Newbie

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Apr 2018 10:43 AM by Honeystar Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hola!

Just came across this forum and, like so many expats, I have a million questions I hope some of the more seasoned and experienced expats and Spaniards can help me with. Mostly about legal matters and regulations. I am a home owner (carried out a large renovation in 2016) but don’t live here all year round so some of my questions may seem urgent as I try to tie things up and make sense of things while I am here. Thanks in advance to those who can help... and I hope I can also offer advice or at least a little wisdom from my own experiences.

Ciao for now!!

Like 0      
23 Apr 2018 7:17 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Welcome to the site. Most people will try to help to give any advice or answers to questions you may put. A minority  however seem to get pleasure out of ridiculing some of the questions that people ask. I would ask you to ignore those and stick with it. I have asked many questions on here and been given really good advice.

Like 4      
23 Apr 2018 8:07 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

** EDITED - **

BIENVENIDO

Love Hugh xxx

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 4/26/2018 3:51:00 PM.

Like 1      
23 Apr 2018 8:15 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

As Jarvi said, did not take long for the insults to arrive, I thought it was against Forum rules, fool me.

Like 3      
23 Apr 2018 9:17 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Hugh, you haven’t learned much either..🙄

CIAO ...is a universal word ( as is OKAY ) often used by both the Spanish in Spain and Brits in UK so no need to get so pedantic. 

Ignore Honeystar. 

Like 1      
24 Apr 2018 12:55 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

The drunk clergy man never learnt anything while in Spain either,  well apart from how to live under the radar for everything.

And it's got to the point that by telling the truth I might get this post removed, you know what, who cares, if the owners can put up with the rubbish the clergy posts then mine is nothing.

Honeystar...Keep reading and posting, you will get many good answers and help for all your questions, from the genuine people who really do know.

Like 2      
24 Apr 2018 2:27 PM by Honeystar Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

CIAO All!

Haha! Thank you all for your welcome. And even to Hugh the drunk Clergyman ;)

'Ciao' is something I have always said.. a habit picked up from my late father... and I aint changing that now.. It is indeed universal and where I usually reside in Switzerland it is used by most.

Will certianly stay tuned and post when the need takes me. Yesterday I had a strong need to ask questions and get opinions but I think, as usual, I have solved my query for now by talking to those in the know - and I am taking heed.

After a mass clearance of dense greenery on some adjacent land to mine my view is somewhat altered and very unpleasant (abandoned shops and an old rusty lorry) so I wanted to build a wall. Alas as it is commercial land, around 1-2 meters higher than mine so it is their wall and I cannot build on it without the proper authorisation. The main reason being that it is commercial and the owner wil have far more clout than if it were residential. I will post all this in a separate thread another time as this saga will, I am sure, continue.. and opinion - both positive and negative - is always useful.

Thanks again! 

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Disabled acess - 3 posts
Deleting binned private messages - 2 posts
Wills - 3 posts
Calais to Calahonda - 2 posts
NIE application - 2 posts
To rent an apartment without a job - 16 posts
illegal Business/Workers - 8 posts
Otagaz and GE Capital mortgages - 0 posts
Camper van on my land! - 17 posts
Car Rental Almeria Airport - 7 posts
Square media Los Alcazares - 3 posts
Bank Owned Poroperties - 5 posts
Looking for pool renovation recommendations Lorca area - 6 posts
La Manga Ferry - 2 posts
How to inform Agencia Tributaria - 16 posts
renting villa long term but renting out for holiday lets - 4 posts
Additional carge on Commundad - 3 posts
Spanish Rental Taxes - why is it so complicated - help appreciated - 11 posts
Winter sun with plenty to do? - 4 posts
Spanish Legal Reclaim - 9 posts
RETURNING TO MENORCA - 16 posts
Adverse possession - 4 posts
Car Scrappage Costs - 7 posts
Chiropodist Needed - 0 posts
Happy home wanted for 2 good mousers - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x