illegal Business/Workers

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Apr 2018 8:00 PM by Tiggytiger Star rating in Los Boliches / Torro.... 47 posts Send private message

Hi all Does anyone know who you should contact within the Nerja/Torrox area about business who are using illegal workers, and then walking off the jobs after receiving over inflated deposits from the customers and then not paying the workers ? Is it something to report to the Guarda Civil or is there another office/department I could contact ? Many thanks Tigs

Like 0      
17 Apr 2018 8:38 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Hello Tigs

Where do you fit into all this?. I would have thought the customers would do the reporting saving you the inconvenience.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2018 11:15 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

If its you as a private individual that has been ripped off then you have a right to complain to the relevant authorities... if it's a case of you as a legal company... that is having trouble running your business due to black market trader's ...I would tread very carefully especially in Spain ...as these people tend not to play by the rule's be careful .

Like 0      
17 Apr 2018 11:17 AM by Tiggytiger Star rating in Los Boliches / Torro.... 47 posts Send private message

The private individual hence why I asked who would be best to report to. 

Like 0      
17 Apr 2018 11:47 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Hello Tigs

If a criminal offence is or has been committed it would be the police, normally filed by a victim. If it is a civil matter it would be the usual complaints’ form ('Libro de reclamaciones') filed by a customer. Are you a victim here? So far you have not really said what your exact involvement is, if any.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2018 12:13 PM by Tiggytiger Star rating in Los Boliches / Torro.... 47 posts Send private message

Hello Kavanagh

Why do I feel like I am the one on trial here.   I am simply trying to establish who this would be reported too, with out trying to air any dirty washing or naming any names.  As I am requesting the advice please accept I am the injured party who else would I be I’m hardly likely to be trying to report my own business would I ??? 

Thanks for your help and advice.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2018 12:41 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Hello Tigs

To correctly advise you sometimes needs more information and clarity of your OP. For the benefit of the thread please inform us how you know the workers are illegal?.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2018 12:49 PM by Tiggytiger Star rating in Los Boliches / Torro.... 47 posts Send private message

Thanks Kavanagh I will take it from here... again please remember I am not the one on trial here and will not be made to feel like I am.    

I was simply asking if I should approached the police or another department an answer was all that was needed not the Spanish Inquisition.

Thanks 

Like 0      
17 Apr 2018 6:46 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Tiggy

You could try going to the police for the area where the ‘alleged crime’ happened, so either the Guardia Civil or Policía Nacional.  They will advise you if a crime has been committed and if so will take a crime report (denuncia).  If not then it would appear to be a civil matter.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Otagaz and GE Capital mortgages - 0 posts
Camper van on my land! - 17 posts
Car Rental Almeria Airport - 7 posts
Square media Los Alcazares - 3 posts
Bank Owned Poroperties - 5 posts
Looking for pool renovation recommendations Lorca area - 6 posts
La Manga Ferry - 2 posts
How to inform Agencia Tributaria - 16 posts
renting villa long term but renting out for holiday lets - 4 posts
Additional carge on Commundad - 3 posts
Spanish Rental Taxes - why is it so complicated - help appreciated - 11 posts
Winter sun with plenty to do? - 4 posts
Spanish Legal Reclaim - 9 posts
RETURNING TO MENORCA - 16 posts
Adverse possession - 4 posts
Car Scrappage Costs - 7 posts
Chiropodist Needed - 0 posts
Happy home wanted for 2 good mousers - 0 posts
Gibraltar development - 6 posts
EU Geo digital content restrictions abolished. - 10 posts
Caixabank economic activity requests - 7 posts
Spanish Architect - 4 posts
Thursday Legionnaire's Procession Malaga - 1 posts
Small 8 property comunidad. - 5 posts
Property purchase without registration for extension - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x