hand luggage

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

I cant find these details on the airport/carrier website so is anyone able to give me information about what you currently can/cant take on board as handluggage?  The 2 things I am most concerned about are my TomTom and liquids.   Is it ok to take "equipment" such as your TomTom in your hand luggage?  The last time we flew out of Newcastle we were told it had to be in the hold luggage, but im not sure if this is still the case.  Also have they now lifted the restrictions on liquids?  I couldnt see anything about it on the site.  It mentioned the see-through plastic bag for certain items, but didnt specify liquids.

I would be grateful for any update

thanks

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 8:11 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Auntie Em

Which airline are you with?

I don't know specifically about a Tom Tom but they do allow iPods, Laptops & other electronic equipment in hand luggage.

As far as I am aware the 100mls of liquid per container still stands & they have to be put in a clear plastic bag.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 8:13 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

going with Jet2

trying to sort everything out and getting a bit stressed out now ... LOL

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 8:26 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Auntie Em

Have had a look at Jet2 & the only reference to the 100mls rule is in the section about medicines, where it still applies.

If you have a look at www.fco.gov.uk there is a Department for Transport update (6/11/06) which details some lifting of restrictions. I do recall them lifting some of the restrictions but when we went to Spain a few weeks ago, there were still people by the security area handing out the clear plastic bags.

I think if it was me I would assume that the restrictions still apply.

Have a great time.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 8:27 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Hi Auntie Em

My hubby took his Tomtom in & out of Leeds in his hand luggage with jet2 this summer & no one said anything. Can't see any reason why it should have to go in the hold.

Liquids need to be in a container no greater than 100mls. Then put in a resealable plastic bag max 20x20cm (8x8inches) with a capacity no greater than 1 litre.

Hope this helps.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 8:30 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

thanks Annie and Noreen,

I will get back to the packing now !!!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

quesada bowling club - 3 posts
Bucket club - 1 posts
Wanted, long term rent, 2 bed in / around Duquesa / Sabinillas / Estepona - 1 posts
eBay sales!!!! - 3 posts
HI everyone . - 2 posts
air conditioning/furniture packages fuengirola - 1 posts
Community pool - 4 posts
Just put our name down for an apartment at Mar y Sol... - 60 posts
Directions - 14 posts
Things to Information. Have a LOOK !!! - 0 posts
Monarch Cancelled flight today - 13 posts
Interesting article - 2 posts
Swimming pool regulations in spain to require a lifeguard or not - 2 posts
Help in Time of Need - 6 posts
Badminton - 2 posts
HELP ! ONE DOUBLE BED REQUIRED AND DELIVERED ON SET DAY!! - 10 posts
Holiday rental needed 14th oct - playa flamenca - la florida - 1 posts
Getting your 16-18 year Old Thru. to Becoming a Professional Here in Spain. - 3 posts
Goodfellas Playa Flamenca - 3 posts
INSPECTION TRIP FEEDBACK SOUGHT FOR ARTICLE PLEASE - 8 posts
Advisable to appoint a lawyer when selling ? - 3 posts
SUMA payments - 7 posts
Lo Crispin - 5 posts
What is CDS ? - 2 posts
Restaurants in Totana, Murcia - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x