HELP ! ONE DOUBLE BED REQUIRED AND DELIVERED ON SET DAY!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by adrienne89 Star rating in n ireland. 10 posts Send private message

Hi , we are coming over for a quick two days to complete and get keys!!!!!at last we say. cananyone advise where we would purchase a double bed perhaps even online from homeand be sure it actually arrived while we are over in october. i have heard all the stories about  the spanish sales that say it will b thereon a set day but never gets there!!!!! our holiday homeis in bigastro near orihuela. please tell me someoneout there has had a good experience with furniture  deliveries. adrienne

This message was last edited by adrienne89 on 9/20/2007.

Like 0      
21 Sep 2007 11:26 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi Adrienne

I don't know exactly where Bigastro is, but if you check out http://www.furniture-zone.eu/ you can pick your bed on line and arrange delivery. We went there am and they delivered our furniture pm!

Good luck

Irene

Like 0      
21 Sep 2007 12:12 PM by adrienne89 Star rating in n ireland. 10 posts Send private message

thanks for that Irene I will certainly follow that one up. Would you have any idea what we could expect to pay for standard double with mattress.We had heard that they are more expensive than home!!!

Like 0      
21 Sep 2007 12:22 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi Adrienne

All the prices are on the web, so you can see what you'll have to pay.

Unless an item is something that can easily be transported from the UK, then I don't think it's worth thinking about whether it's going to be cheaper or dearer than UK prices, because, you really don't have a choice, unless you want to sleep on the floor!

Just watch out to make sure they are English beds - Spanish beds are shorter.

Happy shopping!

Irene

Like 0      
22 Sep 2007 11:08 AM by mervy Star rating in oriheula. 138 posts Send private message

HI ADRIENNE89,DONT KNOW ABOUT BEDS AS WE BOUGHT A FURNITURE PACK BUT JUST WANTED TO SAY HELLO,WE LIVE IN HURCHILLO WHICH IS A STONES THROW FROM BIGASTRO AND I MUST SAY IT IS A LOVELY WEE VILLAGE YOUR PROPERTY IS IN.

EILEEN

Like 0      
22 Sep 2007 11:52 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

With all furniture stores if they have the item in stock then it is normally delivered the next day after 4pm.  Sometimes you can be lucky and if there is a space on van then they will deliver the same day.

Do you know yet the timetable for what you are doing in the two days you are over.  When do you go to Notary?  Do you need the beds so that you can sleep at your new property?

I bought a resale on the last day of a trip out with friends, came back 10 days later on a Tuesday, Wednesday morning opened up Bank account, afternoon spent in Solicitor's office waiting with a room full of other people signing paper after paper until we finally got called to Notary.

Felt totally drained after hours spent waiting, when finally got to house, walked around feeling lost and glad that I had a friends house to stay in for a few more days.

My new next door neighbour took me to a furniture shop the next afternoon (Thursday) and I chose beds, furniture, fridge/freezer and washing machine.  They were delivered the next day even though it had been raining all day.

All very quick but in hindsight perhaps I rushed into it too quickly, the mattresses I find uncomfortable, ok for a short holiday but I will be changing them when we are over for longer periods.  When I do I will go for ottoman beds for somewhere to store the bedding.

Maybe if you can it would be better to use the two days to choose your furiture and arrange for it to be delivered on the first day of your next trip out.

Like 0      
22 Sep 2007 9:51 PM by adrienne89 Star rating in n ireland. 10 posts Send private message

Thanks for those replies. we have already been to notary and done all the boring side of things last time out. We had almost signEd the deeds when the solicitor informed us there had been a change in the overall plan of the site and therefore townhall had to passit yet.That was in june .Thankfully now all the paperwork is in place, townhall has passed the new site plan and we are getting the key hopefully on 10th oct! we are just booking a hotel nearby for the to days (IF ANYONE COULD RECOMMEND A GOOD ONE!!!)but knowing that we are out again at end of october for longer we thought we would organize the bed this trip!!!sounds good advise just to delay delivery until we get there next time were out. Eileen i havent heard of that wee village of yours,is it in the direction of orihuela or los montesinos?

Like 0      
22 Sep 2007 10:24 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi adrienne

A good hotel would be Laguna 5 star at Lo Pepin near Quesada but it is rather expensive. Depends what you want to pay. We stayed there four years ago when it first opened but agents put us in there. (Inspection trip) We always booked Hotel Campomar on seafront just outside Guardamar ourselves for convenience as our house is nearby & value is excellent but it is very Spanish & won't suit all, I realise. http://deals.hotels.com/advancedSearchHome.do?showhp=true&destinationId=7B7422FC-847A-46B9-9163-13F003C67647&arrivalDate=10/10/2007&departureDate=12/10/2007&numberOfRooms=1&adultsPerRoom=2&childrenPerRoom=0

Have you thought of a B&B as there are many around & would save you a lot.

Taken from  http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/Spain-Costa-Blanca-South-gh.htm

B&B in Dolores, Nr. Guardamar, Costa Blanca
Bed and breakfast accommodation. 6 purpose built rooms with own private access adjacent to country villa in the peaceful village of Dolores. All rooms with balcony overlooking the pool. Surrounded by stunning scenery, but convenient for both beach and golf.
20 euros per person, per night (all year)

Guest Accommodation in Benijofar, Nr. Guardamar, Costa Blanca
Bed & Breakfast in traditional village house with one en-suite twin guest room in the rural village of Benijofar. Private balcony for guests use. Located near the resorts of Quesada, Torrevieja and Guardamar, 5-10 mins drive from the beach. Benijofar has a number of restaurants, bars, shops etc.
Prices from 50 euros per couple, per night

Bed and Breakfast Studio in Ciudad Quesada, Rojales, Nr. Guardamar, Torrevieja
Sleeps 2. Bed and Breakfast Studio adjoining owner's villa in prime location. Completely private entrance and patio area. Beautiful communal swimming pool set in picturesque gardens and overlooking the golf course. Located in Ciudad Quesada, approx 250m from the La Marquesa Golf and Country Club.
Prices from 47 euros per couple, per night
Special Offer: October/November 40 euros per couple per night.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 9/22/2007.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 7:03 PM by adrienne89 Star rating in n ireland. 10 posts Send private message

Thanks for a great suggestion. im goin to book one of those, i like the idea of having our breakfast made for us. We stayed at La Laguna and it is fantastic, however for two busy days sorting out our own villa we wont have much time to relax  !!!! now i just have to look up my map to find Delores!!!

Like 0      
24 Sep 2007 9:14 AM by mervy Star rating in oriheula. 138 posts Send private message

Hi adrianne,Hurchillo is in the direction of Oriheula.If you go past framon motors it is 1.5km from there.It is a typically spanish village and very beautiful with two small bars,a bakery,tobacco shop and small grocery shop.Our development consists of 150 duplex apartments called residential olivia and we live there full time.Eileen

This message was last edited by mervy on 9/24/2007.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2007 12:02 PM by adrienne89 Star rating in n ireland. 10 posts Send private message

hi Eileen I saw it on a map when I was looking for Dolores just last night. Its nice to have all these little towns to explore when we get organized. That would appeal to us more than heading to the busy resorts. Adrienne

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Holiday rental needed 14th oct - playa flamenca - la florida - 1 posts
Getting your 16-18 year Old Thru. to Becoming a Professional Here in Spain. - 3 posts
Goodfellas Playa Flamenca - 3 posts
INSPECTION TRIP FEEDBACK SOUGHT FOR ARTICLE PLEASE - 8 posts
Advisable to appoint a lawyer when selling ? - 3 posts
SUMA payments - 7 posts
Lo Crispin - 5 posts
What is CDS ? - 2 posts
Restaurants in Totana, Murcia - 2 posts
PRE-FABRICATED POOLS - 0 posts
Great restaurant for a special birthday - 14 posts
Lawyers! - 8 posts
I'VE GIVEN UP SMOKING! - 88 posts
Indian in Almoradi - 0 posts
Santa Ana Jumilia - 4 posts
Land opposite Lidl's at Playa Flamenca - 12 posts
Coordinated Lifestyles / CU InSpain - 16 posts
Registering a car in Spain - 13 posts
Indoor swimming pools - 13 posts
Our tow bar is legal! - 13 posts
Why not to buy in spain - 2 posts
HABITACION LICENCE - 3 posts
New investestment in Murcia - 17 posts
Does anyone have any info on Palmeral Villas - 3 posts
helicopterios sanitarios - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x