INSPECTION TRIP FEEDBACK SOUGHT FOR ARTICLE PLEASE

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by shealy Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi, I am writing an article about inspection trips, or as they are being re-modelled 'lifestyle visits.' I would love a comment from someone who has been on one of these less pressurised trips which are just as focused (even if not in reality only in their description) on soaking up the local atmosphere as seeing a number of properties. If anyone can help on this ASAP, it would be most helpful- positive and negative comments are sought.

Thankyou,

Sinead Healy

Like 0      
21 Sep 2007 3:56 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

My first experience of MRI was like other people’s, one of their exhibitions. It wasn’t as expected as MRI were the only company there. My Wife and I expectd to be able to chat to several agents. Unlike others though, we went back a second time to book the viewing trip!!

At the exhibition, we detailed our budget and where we thought we wanted to go. We took competitors brochures with us to show what we were looking for and were told “we can get anything”. Quite a bold comment we thought, but booked anyway thinking we were going to Murcia. Just before the trip which was booked 6 weeks in advance (to give us plenty of research time) we were told that Murcia had nothing in our price range and how did we feel about Almeria? Nothing ventured, nothing gained so we agreed. We arrived at 9.30pm at San Javier airport and were collected by our rep and taken to Mojacar (can’t remember the name of the hotel now, but MRI have an office just outside). When we arrived in the office on the first morning, we were told that nothing was available for us to view, so what did we want to do for the weekend? We went for a drive around the area sight seeing and looking in estate agents windows. We then decided that the apartment of the hotel we were staying in was big enough as a 1 bedroom (we originally wanted 2) and there “happened” to be a 1 bedroom apartment on Al Andalus Resort (like rocking horse sh+t apparently as the builder doesn’t do them any more). The apartment was key ready, furnished and available because of someone pulling out of the contract. We looked around and went for lunch. The “game” then began of “it won’t last long”, and “you really need to reserve it to prevent someone else looking”. We took it all with a pinch of salt and went back to Mojacar. The wife and I chatted about it on the way back and to be fair, we did both like it. We told MRI that we would buy if they would take us to our solicitors in Aguilas. The tried to persuade us to use their recommended solicitors, but I told them if they persisted we would withdraw. We were taken to the solicitors the next day to make our deposit payment to the solicitor and contract him and then we went out for the rest of the day.

I must confess, we expected to be abandoned once the deed was done, but we were looked after for the rest of the weekend and returned to San Javier for our 10.30pm flight home. We were at the airport for 8pm, again we had expected to have been dumped there much earlier in the day.

After sales has been a bit pants as others have said. They tried to get us to buy the lifetime membership thingy doo dah, but we had no need as our apartment was already built so didn’t need updates on the progress. They eventually contacted us about rentals for us to find out they charge 18% commission on all, up from the 10% told to us in Spain.

To summarise. We had a pleasant trip and were treated well. We had the advantage of not buying off plan, so there are no building delays. We also used our own solicitor, so we know he is working for us (we hope so any way!) and not covertly for anyone else. The development is about 90% occupied now, although it appears they are mostly holiday homes. It is through forums like this one and others that we were (hopefully) able to make a balanced decision, ask the relevant questions and (hopefully) miss out on some of the pitfalls that have beset others.

Mark

Like 0      
06 Oct 2007 5:31 PM by lianne Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

you might find www.mrioverseasproperty.blogspot.com/ very helpful ! I did

Like 0      
06 Oct 2007 5:47 PM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar
    Afghanistan 

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 10:15 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
What wonderfully interesting reading! And how powerful the Internet is to make or break a business!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 5:28 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

The site didn't last very long though, did it?

Mark

Like 0      
12 Oct 2007 10:28 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
The power of MRI lawyers!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
12 Oct 2007 1:57 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I just wonder why it affects some sites, but not others? The other big forum bans all mention of them, but this one allows it. Persoanlly, as long as it is all factual and first hand information, I don't see what there is to be done about it. The problem begins when someone heard something from someone, who heard something from someone.......

Mark

Like 0      
15 Oct 2007 11:52 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Well an open forum is just that and the individual ought to be liable for legal action if there were any! After all if I were in a pub getting lairy (perish the thought!) and badmouthed a large agent, who overheard, then I would be sued, not the pub owners for having me on the premises!

I bet it hasnt been tested in the courts as yet and it would be interesting to see one go through, as the information would have to be proved not to be true - wouldnt it - for the action to be considered libelous!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Advisable to appoint a lawyer when selling ? - 3 posts
SUMA payments - 7 posts
Lo Crispin - 5 posts
What is CDS ? - 2 posts
Restaurants in Totana, Murcia - 2 posts
PRE-FABRICATED POOLS - 0 posts
Great restaurant for a special birthday - 14 posts
Lawyers! - 8 posts
I'VE GIVEN UP SMOKING! - 88 posts
Indian in Almoradi - 0 posts
Santa Ana Jumilia - 4 posts
Land opposite Lidl's at Playa Flamenca - 12 posts
Coordinated Lifestyles / CU InSpain - 16 posts
Registering a car in Spain - 13 posts
Indoor swimming pools - 13 posts
Our tow bar is legal! - 13 posts
Why not to buy in spain - 2 posts
HABITACION LICENCE - 3 posts
New investestment in Murcia - 17 posts
Does anyone have any info on Palmeral Villas - 3 posts
helicopterios sanitarios - 8 posts
Spanish mortgages - 1 posts
Working in Spain - 0 posts
Golf clubs - 29 posts
Job Agencies - Legal - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x