Neighbour trespassing

This thread is currently locked.

:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Feb 2018 8:15 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Er....thats what he usually says to me.....what goes around......

Best wishes, Brian

Like 1      
21 Feb 2018 10:01 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

In U.K. there is no criminal offence of trespass on land (unless it is government or military land) nor even inside a property, including a person’s home, if it is just trespass only

Correct about no offence of trespass on land, wrong about trespass inside your home even if you don't steal anything.

If that was the case I would have been charged with assault,  GBH, and probably imprisoned, when someone got into our house and I had a quite word with them to show them the error of their ways....But as I was told by the cops he  trespassed and he shouldn't have been their.

Fagan wasn't charged for breaking into Buck house but he was sent to a mental hospital indefinitely, out now, at the time the reason he wasn't fully charged for breaking and entering was because he was such an embarrassment to the law they hushed it up as much as they could because the police and security made one hell of a cock up over Buck house security....And this is Eye on Spain not the UK.

Like 1      
21 Feb 2018 10:36 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Your right of course Baz.  

There are people with power of entry, and it was,  not too long ago that police constables didn’t have that right, community bobbies still don’t, people like public health inspectors (now environmental health officials) of a certain level do for example.   

Anyone in anyone’s house uninvited can be arrested and prosecuted as far as I’m aware, but hey, I’m not a policeman.  

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
22 Feb 2018 3:30 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

The offence of burglary is now defined by section 9 of the Theft Act 1968 which now reads:

(1) A person is guilty of burglary if—

(a)    he or she enters any building or part of a building as a trespasser and with intent to commit any such offence as is mentioned in subsection (2) below; or

(b)   having entered any building or part of a building as a trespasser he steals or attempts to steal anything in the building or that part of it or inflicts or attempts to inflict on any person therein any grievous bodily harm.

That means trespass alone is not a crime.

However,  here is some  light reading , for those who are not legally qualified, car mechanics, property surveyors , etc., but who would like to better informed:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burglary_in_English_law

PS     I suggest if you want professional advce regarding a car you ask a mechanic not a lawyer or a detective

This message was last edited by johnzx on 22/02/2018.

Like 1      
22 Feb 2018 3:55 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

** EDITED - Against forum rules **​​​​​

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 2/22/2018 6:21:00 PM.

Like 0      
22 Feb 2018 8:30 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Is there only one law for this occasion John?

I understand a bailiff who enters a home uninvited is doing so illegally and the police can attend and if necessary arrest.  

What law covers that occasion, for example. 

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
22 Feb 2018 9:02 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Why are John and Brian posting about UK law. This is a situation in Spain, hence EYE ON SPAIN (EOS).

Please refrain from posting irrelevant comments which do not help, this is against forum rules.

Like 0      
22 Feb 2018 10:03 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Rules are for the guidance of the wise.   And the obedience of the idiot.  That’s what my old friend used to say.  

Mind you he also said it’s never afternoonuntil the pub shuts    So......

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
23 Feb 2018 9:55 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

The offence of burglary is now defined by section 9 of the Theft Act 1968 which now reads:

(1) A person is guilty of burglary if—

(a)    he or she enters any building or part of a building as a trespasser and with intent to commit any such offence as is mentioned in subsection (2) below; or

(b)   having entered any building or part of a building as a trespasser he steals or attempts to steal anything in the building or that part of it or inflicts or attempts to inflict on any person therein any grievous bodily harm.

That means trespass alone is not a crime.

However,  here is some  light reading , for those who are not legally qualified, car mechanics, property surveyors , etc., but who would like to better informed:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burglary_in_English_law

PS     I suggest if you want professional advce regarding a car you ask a mechanic not a lawyer or a detective

Apologises to the forum for this but it has to be said, johnzx you have twisted this around to suit yourself, no one has mentioned 'Burglary' it has been 'Trespass' totally different, for your outdated information from 50 years ago 'Trespass' into a home with no owners permission is called 'Illegal Trespass' and it is considered a crime, going to court over this is quite another story these days thanks to our dopey law enforcement, and outdated judges we now have, who in turn can't see anything wrong in a person raping a young girl because  'She deserved it'  by wearing a short skirt.

Your PS is really baffling because only a short while ago you yourself told me on this forum that you did indeed know more about the repair of cars then myself,  (Which I will point out I don't )  or the people I employ, who do, because you don't trust garages to do any type of honest repair work so you repaired cars for friends and so on, and now you say also don't trust a detective.

Wiki if you didn't know is very dubious in what its content is, due to the fact that anyone can write anything and include it within the website name.

Yes I know it's got nothing to do with Spain.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

This thread is currently locked.

Previous Threads

Bringing the love to Spain - 4 posts
Revoking a Power of Attorney - 5 posts
Gibraltar and penson - 2 posts
Boundaries - 4 posts
PlusValia Tax - 7 posts
Plants for a roof terrace - 15 posts
Residencia application - 2 posts
Long term rental Torrox or Torre del Mar. Feb 2018 - 0 posts
Does planning permission expire - 7 posts
Non resident enquiry - 10 posts
Stepmother died 3 years ago but still on villa deeds. Tax implication? Fine? - 14 posts
For sale fender mk 111 guitar amplifier - 0 posts
Planning/ license issue - 2 posts
Lawbird - 0 posts
Spanish Resident with Spanish car in UK longer than 6 months - 10 posts
WE WON! - 39 posts
kodi uktv - 7 posts
Banks paying out inheritance to beneficiaries - 4 posts
Replacement NIE card - 11 posts
Laminated documents - 0 posts
Volunteers wanted for k9 animal charity - 4 posts
Power of attorney - 15 posts
Santander bank - 4 posts
non residents bank account - 19 posts
Transfer from Girona to Platja D'Aro - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 29

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x