Replacement NIE card

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Feb 2018 1:25 AM by mollybox Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi

I had my wallet stolen with my NIE card in it.  Does anyone know the number for the foreigners office in Cartegena, as I have been told I have to make an appointment there to get a replacement card.

Many thanks for any help you can give.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2018 4:31 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Molly

You will probably need to make a crime report (denuncia) re the loss and produce that when you make the application.

You can give the info regarding the theft on the phone by calling 902 102 112 betweem 8am and 8 pm,  press 2 for English.  You must nominate the National Police Station where you must go, within 48 hours,  to make the  report and sign it   You will be given a Ref No. on the phone to produce when you go to the National Police so they can find it on the system.    They will use the info you provided on the phone to make the report.  

For the replacement document, you need to download the application and payment  forms from the internet just as you did when you made the first application, but of course you will not need to prove income nor medical cover.

Comisaría Local de Cartagena 

C/ Menéndez Pelayo Nº 6 - 30204, Cartagena (Murcia)

Teléfono: 968321285

This message was last edited by johnzx on 05/02/2018.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2018 5:04 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

I've got an NIE number but never had a card. An estate agent in Tenerife helped me apply at the cop shop there  but I've only ever used the number in Murcia for buying a house and a car. Why do I need an actual card ?

Like 0      
05 Feb 2018 6:57 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Never had an NIE card, either. We have a residency card (OK, a Certificado de la Ciudadano de la Union por Extranjeros- still easier to say residency) but only an A4 printed NIE certificate.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2018 7:14 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Molly,    ignore the unhelpful posts.

I assumed you had a Credit Card sized EU Citizen Certificate. That was why made the post that I did , However, if it was an NIE Cert the same  advice applies.

Of course you might have been, although I do not think you are,  a Non EU Citizen in which case you would have had am  Residencia CARD,

Like 0      
05 Feb 2018 8:24 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

I do not think there is such a thing as a NIE card.

This message was last edited by Kavanagh on 06/02/2018.

This message was last edited by Kavanagh on 06/02/2018.

Like 0      
07 Feb 2018 8:51 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Years ago NIE cards were issued to all foreign residents in Spain. It had a passport size photo in it. They were a small maroon card, double sided. They were discontinued when the green A4 residents certificate was introduced.

Like 0      
07 Feb 2018 9:12 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Years ago NIE cards were issued to all foreign residents in Spain. It had a passport size photo in it. They were a small maroon card, double sided. They were discontinued when the green A4 residents certificate was introduced.

Micky  

Just to clarity that.   

Until 2nd April 2007, when that process was outlawed by the EU, we were all issued with a RESIDENCIA which was a two sided, credit card size, plastic covered card,  with a photo and a fingerprint:   It was legal ID.

That same card is still issued to Non EU nationals when they obtain residence status.   That is why it can be confusing when people refer to the EU citizen’s green  card as a  ‘Residencia’

We were all issuedwthRESIDENCIA

This message was last edited by johnzx on 07/02/2018.

Like 0      
07 Feb 2018 10:10 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Thanks Johnz for that clarification.

It follows then after Brexit all UK citizens as non EU nationals resident in Spain will need to apply for a new card.

Like 0      
07 Feb 2018 10:28 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Good point MIcky.

Of course we do not know what will be agreed when Brexit is finalised but I would think there will be some special arrangement to  avoid that.  However, if the UK had not been in the EU all Brits would have a Residencia.

If Brit do need to have Residencia,  the process is more involved than the present requirements for EU Citizen Registration, as now we have a Right to live here.  Non EU citizens have no such right.

I am fortunate as my mother was born in N.Ireland so that made me Irish as far a Dublin is concerned.    I now have dual nationality.  My son (post Brexit vote) obtained Irish nationality on the grounds that his gramdmother was born on the Island of Ireland.  I understand many thousands of people are doing the same, just in case.

Like 0      
07 Feb 2018 11:04 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

You are fortunate John. 

Whatever the outcome it's likely to be reciprocal. So if the UK government insists EU citizens resident there need apply for so called 'settled status' the same will apply in Spain. Past EU agreements and treaties will presumably no longer apply once the UK becomes a third country.

Like 0      
07 Feb 2018 11:21 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

As we know Micky in most countries one could say that if there is a situation which is good for the country, providing income, jobs etc. then common sense would prevail and no problems would be created.

Unfortunately I have live in Spain long enough to know that common sense by the authorities  is about as rare an Rocking Horse Poo.

Common Sense:        Yesterday I was present at a  comisaria when a police officer was extremely rude to  a couple of Finnish people who came to report a crime, telling that instead of asking if he spoke English (which he does quite well) that as they are in Spain they should speak Spanish.  They have a holiday home here so are a financial benefit to Spain.    And Finland is not leaving the EU !    I mentioned the rudeness to the officer who subsequently took the crime report.  He was exceptionally polite and apologised,

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Laminated documents - 0 posts
Volunteers wanted for k9 animal charity - 4 posts
Power of attorney - 15 posts
Santander bank - 4 posts
non residents bank account - 19 posts
Transfer from Girona to Platja D'Aro - 1 posts
CostaLuz Lawyers cases won so far in 2018! - 0 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers - 114 posts
Balcony extension - 13 posts
Winter in Torrevieja - 1 posts
How do I prove I am not a scammer?! - 7 posts
Modelo 210 - 2 posts
About the school - 10 posts
Winter travel to Spain - 13 posts
what is FORM 036 pls - 11 posts
Fined €200 for not having ITV - car only 2 years old! - 16 posts
Car Battery Supplier - 3 posts
Family Move and buying a business lease - 6 posts
Debt Attachment - 1 posts
Question for Maria on interest payments (Ley 57/68) - 10 posts
Reclaiming 3% non resident Tax Refund after property sale - 15 posts
Help with Spanish Taxes - 6 posts
Furnishing a house in Jalon - 3 posts
registering an imported car - 2 posts
Special needs schools spain - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x