Banks paying out inheritance to beneficiaries

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Feb 2018 5:19 PM by Volleyer Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

My mum passed away just over a year ago and in her Spanish will has left some money to me and 5 other beneficiaries in an investment account Banco Popular.

The Taxes have all been sorted out by a solicitor and now the money is to be distributed. The solicitor is saying that the bank is requiring that each beneficiary MUST open a similar Investment account with them so that the money can be placed into each account. (Even though several of us are resident in the UK and they are asking for each of to provide proof of income and P60's). Surely if all beneficiaries sign to say they are happy for the money to be paid into one specific account this should suffice?, Do they have the right to force us to provide private our information  and require us to become customers when we don't wish to?

Sheila

Like 0      
17 Feb 2018 10:31 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I see you are in Spain., I suggest you go to the bank.   Demand the complaints forms and complete one

There are three copies, written down the left hand long side is a note of which is yours, which is the banks and which is the consumers office. When signed by you and the bank, you keep two copies.

If the bank have not resolved  the  matter to your satisfaction within  two  weeks take the consumers office copy to that office, at no cost to you they will pursue the claim.

Like 0      
17 Feb 2018 11:04 AM by Volleyer Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thanks Johnzx 

Actually we are not in Spain all the time but will be there in a couple of weeks so will try your suggestion. 

Like 0      
17 Feb 2018 12:09 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I suggest then you call, email or otherwise contact the bank and tell them that is what you are going to do if they do not pay out immediately 

Like 0      
20 Feb 2018 8:21 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Well traced route John!

Keep us posted Volleyer!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Replacement NIE card - 11 posts
Laminated documents - 0 posts
Volunteers wanted for k9 animal charity - 4 posts
Power of attorney - 15 posts
Santander bank - 4 posts
non residents bank account - 19 posts
Transfer from Girona to Platja D'Aro - 1 posts
CostaLuz Lawyers cases won so far in 2018! - 0 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers - 114 posts
Balcony extension - 13 posts
Winter in Torrevieja - 1 posts
How do I prove I am not a scammer?! - 7 posts
Modelo 210 - 2 posts
About the school - 10 posts
Winter travel to Spain - 13 posts
what is FORM 036 pls - 11 posts
Fined €200 for not having ITV - car only 2 years old! - 16 posts
Car Battery Supplier - 3 posts
Family Move and buying a business lease - 6 posts
Debt Attachment - 1 posts
Question for Maria on interest payments (Ley 57/68) - 10 posts
Reclaiming 3% non resident Tax Refund after property sale - 15 posts
Help with Spanish Taxes - 6 posts
Furnishing a house in Jalon - 3 posts
registering an imported car - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x