PlusValia Tax

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Feb 2018 12:47 PM by Hahenderson Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

When reclaiming PlusValia Tax on the sale of a property, which sold at a loss, does the Town Hall have a timeframe in which it has to respond to the claim?

Like 0      
20 Feb 2018 12:24 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

In proceedings initiated at the request of a party, the interested party may understand that his application has been dismissed due to administrative silence after the maximum period of six months has elapsed without the express decision being notified.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
20 Feb 2018 1:55 PM by Hahenderson Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Thank you for your reply.  

I think I may have misunderstood your explanation.  Are you saying a valid, legal claim for refund of plusvalia  tax to our local town hall, can be dismissed by being ignored for 6 months and we do not have to be notified?

Like 0      
20 Feb 2018 3:57 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

No Henderson, you have not misunderstood. In fact you have understood perfectly well  - you made a administrative claim for the return of your Plus Valia, this was rejected by administrative silence (ie they binned it) You now have no choice but to start legal proceedings to recover same and you will need a lawyer to do this.

Make sure the legal fees are not more than the potential refund - seem to remember a lawyer telling me that if the sum is under 6k€  its not worth doing,

Edited to say

In Mijas the council refuses to answer any claims whatsoever for plus valia refunds made by administration - so the claimant has no choice but to start legal action - as always in Spain not sure about other areas or councils 

This message was last edited by Team GB on 20/02/2018.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2018 11:49 AM by Hahenderson Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Maria - This is extraordinary.  We sell at a loss, therefore no PlusValia tax owing.  We are forced to pay by our buyers Gestoria, and then claim the tax back, which is ignored and we are forced to take legal action.  

This tax should be the same as the 3% retention on the sale of a property and if not repaid within 6 months they have to pay interest. 

Like 0      
21 Feb 2018 1:11 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

What document did the buyers´gestoria send to you? I need to see that for me to direct you correctly

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
21 Feb 2018 8:39 PM by Hahenderson Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Maria, I have a copy of the submitted claim for Plus Valia tax but I am unable to paste here.  Must be how the web page is set up.  Earlier I copied an email from the buyers gestoria saying we had to pay the tax and reclaim even though legally we didn’t owe it.  I think this may have been refused on the this forum website as I should have removed their name but didn’t..............  :>(

Like 0      
22 Feb 2018 8:44 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Received your private email. Will answer you there

Best

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Plants for a roof terrace - 15 posts
Residencia application - 2 posts
Long term rental Torrox or Torre del Mar. Feb 2018 - 0 posts
Does planning permission expire - 7 posts
Non resident enquiry - 10 posts
Stepmother died 3 years ago but still on villa deeds. Tax implication? Fine? - 14 posts
For sale fender mk 111 guitar amplifier - 0 posts
Planning/ license issue - 2 posts
Lawbird - 0 posts
Spanish Resident with Spanish car in UK longer than 6 months - 10 posts
WE WON! - 39 posts
kodi uktv - 7 posts
Banks paying out inheritance to beneficiaries - 4 posts
Replacement NIE card - 11 posts
Laminated documents - 0 posts
Volunteers wanted for k9 animal charity - 4 posts
Power of attorney - 15 posts
Santander bank - 4 posts
non residents bank account - 19 posts
Transfer from Girona to Platja D'Aro - 1 posts
CostaLuz Lawyers cases won so far in 2018! - 0 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers - 114 posts
Balcony extension - 13 posts
Winter in Torrevieja - 1 posts
How do I prove I am not a scammer?! - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x