Bank guarantees

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Jan 2019 12:29 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Hi 

There is  no such thing as no win no fee in Spain. They advertise it but in practice the fees are taken from the case if you win and they are very hefty. I more or less  had given up then I caught back of rip off Britain today and it mentioned European Court of Justice that people have used for problems with  consumer rights . I forget about it most of the time now but then just still feel so annoyed at the money we lost and the legal fees to no avail. You are probably right time to give up. Thank you anyway.

Klowe, are the solicitors supposed to work for free? No win No fee means no fee upfront. Of course they will take a chunk out at the end, usually 30%. Accient claims in UK are usually 20-30% too.

Like 0      
04 Jan 2019 1:10 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Wherever there is money to be had the parasites will always come out of the woodwork. The authorities, be it politicians, regulatory bodies and the judicial  hierarchy  turn a blind eye in order to concentrate on their own well being.

It’s the way the world goes round.

Like 1      
04 Jan 2019 4:49 PM by georgie1 Star rating. 76 posts Send private message

Kiowe as i have allways understood it ,no win no fee means exactly what it says .The solicitor will not be working for nothing IF he wins the case ,thats what no win no fee means .

money back

Like 0      
04 Jan 2019 7:59 PM by klowe Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

It means no win no fee in UK not in Spain you have to pay up front and we can’t afford to waste any more money probably to no avail.

Like 0      
04 Jan 2019 9:58 PM by Ph68 Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Klowe. The meaning is exactly the same in UK and Spain. You've been misled by someone. You need to contact someone else for advice.

If you don't win (no win), you pay no fee (no fee). If you do win, then of course, you pay, usually 30% in Spain. Although my deal is 25%. I have a case in UK which is 20%. Varies between 20-30% overall.

Like 1      
05 Jan 2019 3:55 AM by larrson Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Hi not sure which part I've jumped in on about bank guarantees,  my personal experience is I got in touch with a few lawyer's their fees varied the lowest I found was GM Legal experts  , I sent everything I had to them may/June 2018 looking to get my deposit back after a few confirmations emails I was settled up in December 2018 that was 6 months after getting in touch with them , I got my deposit back plus interest I can not recommended them highly enough,  I paid a small retainer to get the process started I am delighted with the service they provided .

Like 0      
05 Jan 2019 8:37 AM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Hi all

Our nightmare with Palmera Properties began in 2002 !! the apartment in Almoradi shouls have been finished in 2005. We tried to get our money back with a group action which has got nowhere, so last June did a no win no fee deal with a company and they seem to be on the ball, and hopefully will get a result and that will cost us 30% a lot but 30% of something is a lot better than 100% of nothing.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2019 11:16 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

Be careful when dealing with a no win no fee company...as soon as you in gauge this sort of company you are liable for all the cost ( IE) if you decide to go with a cheaper company when they have already started on your case this will add up to many thousands of euros that you will have to pay them.. What ever way they look at it's win win for them.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 05/01/2019.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2019 11:53 AM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Hi not sure which part I've jumped in on about bank guarantees,  my personal experience is I got in touch with a few lawyer's their fees varied the lowest I found was GM Legal experts  , I sent everything I had to them may/June 2018 looking to get my deposit back after a few confirmations emails I was settled up in December 2018 that was 6 months after getting in touch with them , I got my deposit back plus interest I can not recommended them highly enough,  I paid a small retainer to get the process started I am delighted with the service they provided .

Larssen, you must've had a bank guarantee, no? That's not even enough time to get the case prepared, never mind getting it into a court. What was your situation?

Windwalker, why would you want to move solicitors half way through? Not sure that's likely to happen

Like 0      
05 Jan 2019 12:34 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Yes larrson that is a truly magnificent result. Do you have all the details on GM LEGAL EXPERTS. Windtalker might want to move to them.

This message was last edited by angeleyes1 on 05/01/2019.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2019 1:18 PM by larrson Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Hi I will answer as best as I can , I did not have a bank guarantee I had kept all the paperwork and emails relating to my deposit and forwarded all of this to GM LEGAL EXPERTS this was accepted by the court I was told the bank had 30 working days to respond,  they accepted my claim then I got a call from the lawyer asking if I was happy with the settlement that was my deposit plus interest I accepted the offer and within two weeks I was paid in full . I looked up GM LEGAL EXPERTS on line , hope this answers some of your questions. 

Regards 

This message was last edited by larrson on 05/01/2019.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2019 1:56 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

How did you get the court date so soon? Every other person has to wait 12-18 months.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2019 2:09 PM by larrson Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

I was told from the start they thought it would be settled up within 4-6 months , I sent all my paperwork to the lawyer may/June it was roughly sept/Oct it went to court and I was paid in full in December , I didn't have a bank guarantee I only managed to get a copy of the generic bank guarantee , I have no idea why it went through as quick but I'm happy it did .

Like 0      
05 Jan 2019 2:15 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

Fazarelli... Lot's of people have  changed ..solicitor's thinking that they are not doing anything for them...only to receive a bill for the work they have done it is not  unusual to wait 10 years or even longer for a settlement EOS is full of people like this ...if you are ever offered a out of court settlement don't accept it ...quite a few on eos have grabbed the money without thinking ...only to receive a hefty bill from the no win no fee company.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 05/01/2019.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2019 2:26 PM by larrson Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

People like this ? I was only sharing the news I got my deposit back plus interest,  I paid a retainer fee and the solicitors fees were deducted from my total which amounted to 18% it was not a no win no fee , what I have shared is exactly what has happened in the time scale I have described I really don't care if you believe it or not .

Like 1      
05 Jan 2019 3:17 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

Larrson

Congratulations to you and your legal team. :)

Was this a negotiated settlement that your legal team negotiated with the Bank at a preliminary stage that didn’t require full admission into court?

If you received your full deposit with interest, was the interest backdated to date of deposit or from the date of legal claim against the bank?

There are obviously various scenarios to regaining monies depending on the complexity of cases, so it would be really helpful to know the circumstances associated with the swiftness of your claim.

Well done nevertheless.

Like 1      
06 Jan 2019 3:07 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Well done larrson and your great team GM LEGAL EXPERTS in winning, it is great, sure, and they deserve all the publicity and advertising you can give them, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.

It maybe that the banks are now becoming more responsible if they are capturing the runaway British who disowned their debts. This may well be the source of funds that paid you out.

This message was last edited by Kavanagh on 06/01/2019.

Like 2      
07 Jan 2019 5:11 PM by larrson Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

I think I have lost a lot in life more than you'll ever know , my comments are not meant to boast but only to pass on my personal experience as I fell sorry for those that are still in court after what I can only describe as a nightmare for all involved,  we were convinced to part with our hard earned money,  I honestly thought I'd lost my deposit so yes it was good news . As far as I'm aware with new court rulings the longer it goes on the legal fees get more expensive I'm guessing they paid up rather than this happening,  and as far as I know all interest was back dated . 

Like 0      
07 Jan 2019 6:28 PM by Ph68 Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

So, you did have a bank guarantee? That's why it was quick. I bet GM took a big slice too

Like 0      
07 Jan 2019 6:31 PM by Ph68 Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

This message was last edited by Ph68 on 07/01/2019.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Advice on Cajamar Bank - 14 posts
Portadriano - 0 posts
Buying a new bike - 4 posts
trying to buy a property in spain - 5 posts
Reclaiming PlusValia on a property sale - 61 posts
come to Alicante area for 4 weeks in April/May with dogs - 3 posts
Club - 0 posts
Newbie - 29 posts
Subletting in Spain - 13 posts
CostaLuz Lawyers 45 cases won against Banks in 2017! - 0 posts
Low power water heater - 4 posts
New to Spain with alsorts of problems - 24 posts
Smart box for tv - 2 posts
Murcia - 15 posts
Getting ready for Brexit - 8 posts
The start of the journey - 2 posts
A close shave or let's not get taken to the cleaners! - 0 posts
Property auction .Bids start from €100 - 187 posts
Buying in Los Balcones - 2 posts
Happy Christmas - 2 posts
Any body driving back to UK next week - 0 posts
Hello - 0 posts
TV PICTURE QUALITY - 1 posts
Property rental - 20 posts
Service Roads - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 54

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x