Bank guarantees

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Jan 2019 7:04 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

What a sad forum this has become.

Chrissie   

Like 1      
07 Jan 2019 7:22 PM by larrson Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

No I did not have a bank guarantee I only managed to get a copy of the generic bank guarantees a photo copy I think this is the new ruling we should have been issued with one and as very few did get one they were wrong and it was illegal not to issue one .

Like 1      
07 Jan 2019 7:59 PM by Ph68 Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Chrissie, in what sense? 

Like 0      
07 Jan 2019 9:34 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Thanks for the update Larrson but could you clarify if the agreement reached with the bank included interest backdated to date of deposit or date of bank claim (as there could be many years unaccounted for in the settlement)?

BG law stipulates that interest should be backdated to date of deposit, so it would be helpful to know if the Bank in this case ( a generic Bank guarantee claim) accepted this full backdating in the claim settlement.

Many thanks.

Like 0      
07 Jan 2019 10:04 PM by Ph68 Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

A generic bank guarantee is, i believe, as good as an individual one. There's been no change on that in regard to the legality.

Like 0      
07 Jan 2019 10:13 PM by larrson Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

I asked for a copy of the bank guarantee when this all started going pear shaped 2007 I was sent a copy of the generic bank guarantee , this is where the court has found fault as we should have had an individual bank guarantee which we did not receive.  As far as interest goes I paid £45.000 deposit I was asked if I would accept €85.000 after lawyers fees I was sent €70.000 which was £62.000 I received as far as I'm aware this interest was backdated to when I first paid my deposit,  I'm just glad even to get my deposit back the interest was a bonus .

This message was last edited by larrson on 07/01/2019.

Like 2      
07 Jan 2019 11:36 PM by larrson Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

In response to the message from Kavanagh about crushing defeats I lost both parents at a young age I grew up with nothing , my reason for trying to by this house in Spain was so I could leave something to my children I wanted them to have more than I ever had , what a horrible thing to say when you know nothing of me because of this sorry episode I almost lost my house in the UK , so to sit back and think I know nothing of lose I know more about it then most people,  at the end of the day I only wanted to give people hope that there is hope that they will get their money back .

Like 0      
08 Jan 2019 12:34 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Larrson

Thank you for your updates. It will help others to appreciate that there is hope in making banks accountable for their terrible wrongdoings, but not just that, but that to generalise and make wrong assumptions about innocent people is not acceptable. Such heartless observations are unforgivable.

I sincerely hope that you can move forward from this and thank you once again for thinking  of others following your success.

Sadly there is still much to do in terms of Banks accountability with regard to Bank Guarantees, as all too many in the system can testify,  but hopefully justice will prevail.

Kindest regards.

Like 1      
08 Jan 2019 12:55 AM by larrson Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Thank you for your kind words ads , as I said previously i only wanted to say don't give up hope I thought I'd lost my deposit and got it back and I hope to God everyone does , we only tried to do better for ourselves but karma will get these people for what they have put us all through.  Take care 

Regards 

This message was last edited by larrson on 08/01/2019.

Like 0      
08 Jan 2019 9:40 AM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Perhaps the banks are getting a slightly unfair press. The banks may have been Cads and Bounders occasionally but it is not all one sided.

Like 0      
08 Jan 2019 10:05 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Yes, do not give up.

Supreme Court Case Law has been maturing in favor of buyers along all these years  and Case Law is established and cannot be changed arbitrarily.

At present, the most precise and technical work is needed by Lawyers defending buyers because Banks keep fighting and are, obviously,  trying to create and exploit their lines of defense. The work of many law firms keeping the fight up is essential at present.

We, as a Law Firm which (a) created, thanks to Keith Rule work and inspiration, this type of action to deffend off plan buyers and (b) have the highest record of won cases in Spain (c) have the most updated Case Law database in the country , are willing to help clients and colleagues to keep the fight up.

We are writting articles for the good understanding of those " empty spaces" Banks are trying to use.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 1      
08 Jan 2019 12:41 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

Larrson

I am very pleased for you and totally understand how difficult it has been for you. The shame of it all is that everyone involved including lawyers, banks, builders etc have dined out on it. Unfortunately, they have not a clue about the circumstances of the victims. It would be nice if there was a place on this forum for us to get help and advice instead of the constant barage of nasty comments. I wish you all the best for the future.

Chrissie1

Chrissie   

Like 2      
08 Jan 2019 1:42 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Does the etc include the bank defaulting runaways? 5 years ago the Brits opposite me trashed their villa, ripped out air con, windows, doors, kitchen, bathroom, pool filtration, even light and plug sockets. Left the bank a pile of bricks. All for spite. Who are the victims here and pays for all that?

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Advice on Cajamar Bank - 14 posts
Portadriano - 0 posts
Buying a new bike - 4 posts
trying to buy a property in spain - 5 posts
Reclaiming PlusValia on a property sale - 61 posts
come to Alicante area for 4 weeks in April/May with dogs - 3 posts
Club - 0 posts
Newbie - 29 posts
Subletting in Spain - 13 posts
CostaLuz Lawyers 45 cases won against Banks in 2017! - 0 posts
Low power water heater - 4 posts
New to Spain with alsorts of problems - 24 posts
Smart box for tv - 2 posts
Murcia - 15 posts
Getting ready for Brexit - 8 posts
The start of the journey - 2 posts
A close shave or let's not get taken to the cleaners! - 0 posts
Property auction .Bids start from €100 - 187 posts
Buying in Los Balcones - 2 posts
Happy Christmas - 2 posts
Any body driving back to UK next week - 0 posts
Hello - 0 posts
TV PICTURE QUALITY - 1 posts
Property rental - 20 posts
Service Roads - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 54

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x