Tax advice please renting through summer.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Aug 2017 6:54 PM by Tonyp1962 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi, Folks,

I know this has most probably been discussed a million times but I am getting a headache now!!

I am a UK resident paying tax in the UK with 1 rental property in Calpe.  I understand I need to pay tax on my rental income and can offset some costs, but what I need to know is Who do I pay the Tax to?? If it is the Uk as this is were my Taxes are paid or would this mean that I am required to complete a tax return in Spain also?  As well as the UK.



Like 0      
01 Sep 2017 12:16 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5241 posts Send private message

Tony. HACIENDA (La Agencia Tributaria - AEAT) is thhe tax agency in Spain. 

I would suggest at least the first time you pay, that you use a Gestor

Like 0      
01 Sep 2017 3:45 PM by Tonyp1962 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Many thanks for your reply, but I just need some advice on whether I have to fill in a Spanish quarterly Tax return as well as a British tax return if I declare the taxes to HMRC? Thanks Tony

my Gestor is saying it has to be through the Spanish system and HMRC are saying it has to be where you pay your main taxes? Totally confused




Like 0      
01 Sep 2017 4:19 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1204 posts Send private message

This site has some good information:


I think the relevant bit would be:

The rental income of non Spanish residents should be declared in Spain even it is properly declared in the country where you are tax resident (e.g. the UK which does expect its residents to declare any income from holiday rentals).

There is a special form for non resident Spanish property owners called modelo 210 and the rent should be declared on one of these forms every time some is received.  Alternatively you can group all the rentals from a quarter together e.g. 1st April - 30th June and declare on one form.


Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

How are bridge Clubs taxed in Spain - 3 posts
Break - 3 posts
Looking for accomodation in Mijas or Estepona f end October - 0 posts
Why are repossession procedures stopped in Spain? - 45 posts
stray dog at Los terrazas del la torre golf - 1 posts
EHIC's hidden probelm - 47 posts
Floor clause with Solbank? - 2 posts
RETIREMENT - 59 posts
Advice for a winter stay in Spain - 8 posts
Spanish builder needed for renovation - playa flamenca - 0 posts
Escape for the Winter- BBC Television Series Wants You! - 13 posts
BBC Television Series Escape for the Winter ! - 0 posts
Cleaning Job - 1 posts
Using the dt Playlist feature to get the Football channels you want! - 2 posts
List of Won cases on off plan refunds by Costaluz Lawyers/DeCastro so far in 2017 - 4 posts
Property over two streets - 6 posts
Long term renting in Spain - 0 posts
I am selling my property and have an Estate Agent doing this. - 4 posts
Thinking of moving to Spain - 10 posts
What happened with last thread regarding case and costs recovered? - 0 posts
Reporting loss of vehicle in Spain - WARNING - 0 posts
Risk of letting a relative stay in a property rent free? - 8 posts
Information on Almunecar.... Costa Tropical - 0 posts
Malaga Airport Delays - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x