Moving to Alicante

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 May 2017 11:15 AM by Uknowwhatimeanharry Star rating in Ask Harry. 22 posts Send private message

Uknowwhatimeanharry´s avatar

JKYTE your qualifications are impressive.

There are also other opportunities for Brits coming to Spain. Apprentice pool cleaner, bar skivvy, dog sitter, master builder (qualified while flying over Madrid), financial advisor, estate agent, solar panel sales, upholstery cleaning, toilet & drain unblocker. Fully legal.

Frank

Like 2      
22 May 2017 11:26 AM by JKYTE Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Is that sarcasm lol

Like 0      
22 May 2017 11:41 AM by Uknowwhatimeanharry Star rating in Ask Harry. 22 posts Send private message

Hi JKYTE how are you today?.  Not at all, just trying to be helpful and realistic. Does your level 5 in health & social care management cover mental illness and alcohol addiction?.  

Frank

Like 0      
22 May 2017 11:42 AM by JKYTE Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

I'm good thank u and u? Well I have worked in a rehab mental health unit 

Like 0      
22 May 2017 11:49 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

JKYTE, A personal licence because you were once a landlady !!

What is that? 

To my understanding it is always the property that retains the licence, be it a guesthouse ,hotel or a pub,  The person named above the door is  mearly the licensee whilst living on the premises.. This licence being renewable every few years.

Your qualifications read like many retirees I know who now live in Spain........

Like 0      
22 May 2017 11:50 AM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Hi.  In my time a level 5 was a university diploma and level 6 a degree.

these take years to achieve, why give them up to be unemployed in Spain I wonder!!!!

Inhave no idea what health and social care management is though  

around here a license is given to a pub or club etc by the licensing sergeant and the local authority, I havnt met a licensed person before, perhaps it's a license for something else and I'm getting mixed up   

This message was last edited by briando55 on 22/05/2017.

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
22 May 2017 11:57 AM by JKYTE Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

I have registered with cqc so I can manage a care home I can work in hospitals doctors etc anything under the healthcare sector an I wouldn't say I'm giving it up that's why I'm looking for advice on here to see if here's opportunity for me in Spain we all have dreams we want to follow but if spains that bad I wont be going an I always have a job in uk to return to 

Like 0      
22 May 2017 12:13 PM by Uknowwhatimeanharry Star rating in Ask Harry. 22 posts Send private message

we pay them a small fee and they find us accommodation and a job for 3 months. Umm!!!

Like 0      
22 May 2017 12:13 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Dreams are good but they can also become nightmares, believe me I'm on the nightmare end of Spain at present.

you have more opportunity in the UK for your present skills, when dreaming please make sure you start with what work you can do and where you can do it, communication and suitable skills first, your economical,plan second and the dream stands a chance.

Sorry but it's not a Disney film in Spain, it's a harsh reality.  Hope that may help focus!,,,

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
22 May 2017 12:14 PM by JKYTE Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

That's what they said don't know how true it is so meeting them in person when we fly over in October

Like 0      
22 May 2017 12:18 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Sounds a good place to start, good luck, keep your wits about you.   It's a lovely climate and the beer can taste good sometimes!  

Best wishes, Brian

Like 1      
22 May 2017 1:48 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I do know one thing for sure about moving to Spain and starting a new life, and that is if you don't you will always be wondering 'What if' I know nothing of living in Spain (YET) other then buying and renting property so no advice from me on that score.

How many people do you really know who moved under similar circumstances to yours and love it, how many do you know who hated it and came back, your've had about 5 /6 answers on here and as you know hundreds of thousands moved over and stayed.

Like 2      
22 May 2017 2:28 PM by JKYTE Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Ur right I don't want to be wondering what if all the time , well 4 I know who have stayed but they are associates my uncle went and never came back but he went to Portugal, what do u think I should do ? 

Like 0      
22 May 2017 2:28 PM by JKYTE Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Ur right I don't want to be wondering what if all the time , well 4 I know who have stayed but they are associates my uncle went and never came back but he went to Portugal, what do u think I should do ? 

Like 0      
22 May 2017 2:50 PM by Uknowwhatimeanharry Star rating in Ask Harry. 22 posts Send private message

Don’t be put off. Look on the positive side, you can always rely on your partners occupation as a Glazing Enhancement Executive.

Frank

Like 2      
22 May 2017 3:06 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Sorry I haven't a clue what you should do, in life I only know what I would do, I hear all the bad stories about folk coming back and to be honest when you dig a little into the reasons you do sometimes find many answers as to why for them it failed, one big reason I find is that they want what they left behind, for sure it wont ever be that because you grew up in your home country and know the in's and out's of it.

Some buy a house / apartment / flat in totally the wrong place then moan they cant sell it, speak to them and they wouldn't have ever done this back home, you keep reading on here, you can watch a hundred programmes, read multi stories about people being ripped of over apartments that are not even built yet, yet people still buy something from a picture in the hope they 'Wont ever be caught' because they never did back home..Yeah right, people are people all over the world, show you're a mug and your done for.

Have an exit plan in place, if you do decide to go?

Like 0      
22 May 2017 3:30 PM by BREXIT Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

What are you going to do about your healthcare and medication needs?.

Like 0      
22 May 2017 4:08 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

They have health and social management qualifications, so presumably that one is thought through thoroughly.  

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
22 May 2017 4:09 PM by JKYTE Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Baz1946 - I love ur attitude, that's what I'm trying to do get a plan in place people are saying so many different things i need to go over and see/ try for myself, I've said since I was 14 that I'm gonna live in Spain I visit 4 times a year and I'm ready to make the big move people survive there and I have read stories that people stay out there when I visited last year spoke to English in pubs they said it was the best move they made, thank u so much for ur reply I like positivity x

Like 0      
22 May 2017 4:10 PM by JKYTE Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

U can pay a annual fee for medication and healthcare needs already got quotes for that 

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

english or spanish licence - 37 posts
Lost our case against banco popular - 46 posts
ENDESA info in English - 0 posts
Almunecar, Granada Dirty Beaches and Abandonment from City Hall - 6 posts
Removals from surrey to malaga - 4 posts
Installation costs of electricity - 23 posts
A big hello to everyone - 1 posts
Consumers Europe, UK office - 0 posts
Considering a Villa in Javea area - 6 posts
Riding a motorbike in Spain - 2 posts
Help please with Building Licence - 4 posts
canine requirements - 0 posts
Cruises Cartagena - 2 posts
Reconnection to Endesa - 18 posts
Residencia - 17 posts
Can anyone recommend a cleaner in Campoverde? - 2 posts
Canine requirements - 12 posts
Free Math App for Kids - 1 posts
Touch up paint - 5 posts
Problem neighbour - 22 posts
I want to move to spain - 33 posts
Does owning a B and B class as being employed and eligible for healthcare - 1 posts
AGM - 3 posts
6 berth uk spec caravan with AIR CONDITIONING - 0 posts
Seeking Advice on Transportation of Belongings to Spain - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 44

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x