Moving to Alicante

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 May 2017 4:53 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

One friend plays bowls, he's not an oldie,  the out door sort, can't ever see me playing it...But...Went to watch him and spoke with many who were playing while having a break and drink in the shade, and they all said pretty much the same thing...Wont ever come back,  many reasons why not to,  everyone one of them seemed happy, and some had jobs.

If you should pass one of these bowls clubs and they are playing stop and have a chat, they seem to have a good insight of the life in Spain.

Like 1      
22 May 2017 5:12 PM by JKYTE Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Where about in Spain is that ? Ur such a massive help defo making me feel more at ease thanks baz1946

Like 0      
22 May 2017 6:18 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Friends place is San Luis, Costa Blanca South, about 50 odd km's from where you say you want to be so probably to far to just be passing but I am sure many others are to be found, he found his one by reading the freebee news papers and thought why not give it a go, us Brits get everywhere and anywhere.

He also does odd jobs around villas and gardens which he picked up from meeting people at the club,  he recently joined a walking club and got some painting jobs to do, it can be done....With the correct frame of mind.

Don't get me wrong you will find many negatives but like in all walks of life it's how you approach them, and deal with them, that makes the difference from winning and losing. 

Like 2      
22 May 2017 6:41 PM by JKYTE Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

That's so true! I am very out there, outgoing and very sociable I'm not afraid to speak to people and get my hands dirty I don't care what I do for the first few months everyone starts from scratch at some point, u think the same as me I like that attitude, think I'm just gonna get out there and meet people someone will sort me out haha

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

english or spanish licence - 37 posts
Lost our case against banco popular - 46 posts
ENDESA info in English - 0 posts
Almunecar, Granada Dirty Beaches and Abandonment from City Hall - 6 posts
Removals from surrey to malaga - 4 posts
Installation costs of electricity - 23 posts
A big hello to everyone - 1 posts
Consumers Europe, UK office - 0 posts
Considering a Villa in Javea area - 6 posts
Riding a motorbike in Spain - 2 posts
Help please with Building Licence - 4 posts
canine requirements - 0 posts
Cruises Cartagena - 2 posts
Reconnection to Endesa - 18 posts
Residencia - 17 posts
Can anyone recommend a cleaner in Campoverde? - 2 posts
Canine requirements - 12 posts
Free Math App for Kids - 1 posts
Touch up paint - 5 posts
Problem neighbour - 22 posts
I want to move to spain - 33 posts
Does owning a B and B class as being employed and eligible for healthcare - 1 posts
AGM - 3 posts
6 berth uk spec caravan with AIR CONDITIONING - 0 posts
Seeking Advice on Transportation of Belongings to Spain - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 44

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x