Installation costs of electricity

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 May 2017 2:50 PM by Iamahomebird Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi

I am considering the purchase of a property in Spain which currently has no electricity.

The advert states that the nearest line is less than 1 kilometer.

My question is " how much would it cost per meter or kilometer for electricity to be installed".

Thank you

Like 0      
16 May 2017 5:25 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I have no doubt that a person on here will know the answer because they did it, or knew a friend that did it, but surely you would have to ask the electricity people who would do the work for the correct costing of the work involved.

Like 2      
16 May 2017 5:58 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

be very careful, first of all you have to confirm that the property has the necessary bulletins to connect electricity in the first place, doesn't matter how far away it is

Does the property have mains water

For this reason many country properties can not have mains power, get yourself a good lawyer with experience in this area

Like 1      
16 May 2017 6:08 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Sounds like top advice.  I cant see Tony down the pub or a pretend professional from EOS knowing anything that will be 'kosher' for you here.

You may get tales of woe coming through tho!,,,

Best wishes, Brian

Like 2      
16 May 2017 7:19 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Have you considered generating your own electricity you could use solar panels/wind turbine or a good diesel generator .

Like 1      
16 May 2017 7:53 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Hi windtalker.  Without coupling

to a grid how would you store the electricity generated?  

Ok for hot water and any storage heaters but lighting and cooking, cooling etc?

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
16 May 2017 8:02 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I have lots of owners who do exactly this, solar and wind turbines,  they store the electricity in battery packs, when the power runs down the generator kicks in and it powers everything in the detached villa

For  water they have an underground deposit and get it delivered and a sess pit for sewage 

For them it all works well

Like 0      
16 May 2017 8:04 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

The electricity can be stored in battery pack's this would be the simplest way to stabilise the supply you can buy converter's to take the power from DC to AC 12v dc to 230v ac or you can buy appliances that run on DC ..have a look on the net you tube /solar power /wind generation and so on...The complete off grid 1,500 watt kit can be bought off eBay for £1,400..to give you a idea what yo can do with 1,500 watts of power a modern TV will use approximately 100 Watt's the average led light bulb use's approximately 11 Watt's .
This message was last edited by windtalker on 16/05/2017.

Like 0      
16 May 2017 8:33 PM by BREXIT Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

Lama, go to the electricity supply company and get a full written installation quote.

Like 0      
16 May 2017 9:17 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Installation of mains  electricity is going to be VERY expensive.

Like 0      
16 May 2017 11:34 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

It's exciting times for the backup of solar power generation windtalker, that's for sure, the Tessler battery system is a leading option, being very well made and coming in at around £3000 for the battery packs.   

Im going to look up the latest data on these tomorrow but the last I saw the batteries were to be replaced every 3 to 4 years.

good discussion this though.  

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
17 May 2017 1:25 PM by BREXIT Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

The OP will have to do their research. All options, capital outlay, running costs, maintenance costs, enhanced value to the property.

What's the latest on ''sun tax''? or is that a fake news story?.

Like 0      
17 May 2017 2:35 PM by Iamahomebird Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi everyone

I want thank you all so much for your input into this subject.

Before moving very far forward in showing my interest in this property or any similar to it, I wanted to understand the feasibility of going for something like this.

I have had a new electricty supply install for some barns and outbuildings on my land in the UK.  Wanted 3 phase but that would have cost the earth ( I live in the sticks) so ended up with split phase instead.

Having gone through the process in the UK I wondered how things would be in Spain. ie nearly impossible / relatively easy, but always understood there would a price to pay.

I wondered if anyone on here had already been through this process and knew a ball park figure for the installation per meter or kilometer. 

Prior to receiving my actual quote from the electricity company in the UK the engineer who visited did give me this and I was hoping that someone on here had experienced the same  in Spain and if so could give me a clue to the sort of figures I would be working with.

I was particularly interested in what inspectahomespain had to say.

1.  you have to confirm the property has the necessary bulletins to connect the electricity in the first place.

I don't know what bulletins are ?

Could you please shed as much light as possible on the sort of questions I need to ask and why, to see if mains electricity is actually viable here or any other property like it.

2.  does the property have mains water.

This property has a well and is not on mains water.

Does this have any affect on mains electricity?

I must admit I was going to be asking a further question ( after asking about electricity )

What type of company do I need to contact to check the well, to ensure it is safe and that it would provide sufficient water.

Thank you so much again

Like 0      
17 May 2017 2:45 PM by BREXIT Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

Lama, I think there is a long thread on here going back a few months all about ‘’WELLS’’.

Like 0      
17 May 2017 4:37 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

It might be worth making sure the property is actually legal first.  A lot of stuff like this built in the countryside are illegal builds...

Good luck.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
17 May 2017 4:49 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

10 years ago the electricity installation to our property from a pole 40metres away cost almost 3k. And your nearest is 1 kilometre !!

Like 3      
17 May 2017 8:23 PM by BREXIT Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

Yes OK floella, but let the OP get a quote first, stop jumping the gun.

Like 1      
17 May 2017 9:44 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Yes OK floella, but let the OP get a quote first, stop jumping the gun.

How is Floella's post 'Jumping the gun' as you so kindly reminded her, she is stating a known honest fact because she did it..Have you at least done this?

Like 3      
17 May 2017 9:45 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Only replying to todays inquiry by Iamahomebird.." I wondered if anyone on here had already been through this process and knew a ball park figure for the installation per meter or kilometer. .....

....you have a problem with that BREXIT?😘

Like 2      
17 May 2017 10:47 PM by BREXIT Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

Just suggesting to get up to date information.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

A big hello to everyone - 1 posts
Consumers Europe, UK office - 0 posts
Considering a Villa in Javea area - 6 posts
Riding a motorbike in Spain - 2 posts
Help please with Building Licence - 4 posts
canine requirements - 0 posts
Cruises Cartagena - 2 posts
Reconnection to Endesa - 18 posts
Residencia - 17 posts
Can anyone recommend a cleaner in Campoverde? - 2 posts
Canine requirements - 12 posts
Free Math App for Kids - 1 posts
Touch up paint - 5 posts
Problem neighbour - 22 posts
I want to move to spain - 33 posts
Does owning a B and B class as being employed and eligible for healthcare - 1 posts
AGM - 3 posts
6 berth uk spec caravan with AIR CONDITIONING - 0 posts
Seeking Advice on Transportation of Belongings to Spain - 11 posts
Trailers - 1 posts
Damp Kitchen Problem - 33 posts
All inclusive holidays - 14 posts
Advice on changing ownership of car, - 11 posts
property taxes - 7 posts
trying to find a tax advisor in torrevieja called Andrew - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x