Car Insurance options?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Jan 2017 1:12 PM by sandyd Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hola

I've been given a renewal quote for my Spanish Plates Renault Scenic 1.9TDI car for over 300Euros which is an increase on before - can anyone recommend any other trusted companies I could get a quote for near Alhama? 

Thanks in anticipation

regards

Sandy D

Like 0      
18 Jan 2017 1:27 PM by Destry Star rating in MYOB . 289 posts Send private message

They all try it on at renewal, just challenge them and see them come down in price.

Good luck.

Like 1      
18 Jan 2017 1:34 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

sandyd

who are you with now - this will avoid anyone recommending them to you.

easiest solution is go on line and search get quotes etc. as I guess you would do in the UK

There are many insurance providers out there and far too many to list, many are advertised in the local press and at least one advertises on this forum (I can see their ad as I type)

Like 1      
18 Jan 2017 1:36 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Difficult to recommend "other" companies when you don't say who you're with now, but for what it's worth, I've been with Linea Directa for years and have found them to be competitive. Every year the renewal premium goes up, every year I ring up and say "no", and every year I end up paying less than the previous. You also don't say if €300 is fully comp. If it is, I would think that's not bad.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 1      
18 Jan 2017 4:03 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Sandy.    

To give you a comparison:-      This is my renewal earlier this month, same as last year, with  LIBERTY SEGUROS S.A.    The, car is 4 years old and I have max no claims

INSURED VEHICLE:     Seat Ibiza Style 1.2 TDI DSGxxxx

POLICY NUMBER:        xxxxxxx  xxxxxxx

RENEWAL DATE:         04/01/2017

COVER:                            Comprehensive incl Windscreen

RENEWAL PREMIUM:  332,97€

Includes:_

1. COURTESY CAR IN THE EVENT OF ACCIDENT, UP TO 35 DAYS
  2. COURTESY CAR FOLLOWING A FIRE OR THEFT, UP TO 45 DAYS
  3. COURTESY CAR IN THE EVENT OF MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN, UP TO 35 DAYS FROM 7TH DAY
  4. PROTECTED NO CLAIMS DISCOUNT
  5. EUROPEAN ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE TO THE VEHICLE AND ITS OCCUPANTS
  6. GLASS REPAIR WITH NO EXCESS AND DOESN´T AFFECT NO CLAIMS DISCOUNT
  7. COVER TO THE OCCUPANTS OF YOUR VEHICLE
  8. LEGAL ASSISTANCE (RECLAMATION OF DAMAGE/TRAFFIC FINES)
  9. DRIVING FOR PERSONS 25 YEARS OF AGE OVER WITH AT LEAST 2 YEARS VALID LICENCE
  10. NO EXCESS DEDUCTED ON TOTAL LOSS, FIRE OR THEFT
  11. 30% ADDED TO THE BOOK VALUE ON SETTLEMENT OF WRITE-OFF/TOTAL LOSS/THEFT ON CARS OVER 4 YEARS OLD

PS                         When I was with Linea Directa a few years ago I called them when I got a renewal quote as I thought it was a bit high.  I asked for a quote using an assumed name but gave all my details and asked for a quote for my car.  It was 20% less than the renewal they had sent me as an existing customer. After some arguing when I told them about my renewal quote they reduced it by the 20%.  I told them I was not interested and changed companies. 

That said,  I am with Linea Directa for my 600 cc bike.   At 200 € for third party only (obligatory insurance)  they are the cheapest, so far.    I check around each year though.

PS   It might surprise some that in Spàin to cancel  insurance cover requires 2 months notice.  Less than that and they legally insist you pay for the renewal.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 18/01/2017.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 19/01/2017.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

IT IS SNOWING AT LA ZENIA - 6 posts
Remortgaging a property in Spain - advice please - 17 posts
Planning to invest in Spain Hacienda del Alamo - 3 posts
Paying tax in UK as a Spanish Tax Resident. - 3 posts
CREAM LEATHER CORNER SOFA - 0 posts
Term Life Insurance, Banks Abusing Clients Again - 25 posts
Return car with expired ITV - 5 posts
LA NUCIA TOWN - 0 posts
CAPITAL GAINS TAX DUE ON SALE OF UK PROPERTY - 8 posts
Bargain Loving Brit's In Spain on Thursday night channel 5 UK 8pm - 0 posts
Driving to Spain and paying tolls! - 7 posts
Divorce Attorney - 1 posts
newbie with questions for the community! - 15 posts
Attempting a move to Spain - 0 posts
Cream leather corner sofa - 0 posts
Dream or reality - 49 posts
Somewhere to settle for 3 months with an idea of staying long term - 4 posts
Corvera entered receivership - 6 posts
Advice please - 3 posts
Modelo 210 - 3 posts
IBI Bill torre pacheco area - 2 posts
Seguro Parking - 14 posts
Cost of House Purchase - 24 posts
Need advice for relocating to costa del sol - 0 posts
Amazon Prime Stick - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x