Changing Nie Number Details

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Oct 2016 12:42 AM by skippy63 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Four years ago i took out newhouse  insurance from a broker and gave them my address etc but they never asked me for my nie number 

Recently i had to ring my insurance company and it was then they told me that my nie number was not the one they had on file so i asked how i could change it and they told me to email them the Nie Cert which i did after many calls been put on the longfinger and emails i eventually got a email back but its the wrong one still that they have on file 

any help thanks 

** EDITED **

** EDITED **

Saludos

body p

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 10/7/2016 12:53:00 AM.

Like 0      
07 Oct 2016 11:42 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Bit confusing Skippy.  You said,  “but they never asked me for my NIE number”.  Now you say, “they told me that my NIE number was not the one they had on file.”  So what number do they have and where did they get it from ?

If the insurance company will not act on the info you sent, then maybe the easiest thing to do is change your insurance company.

PS  Sorry if I appear pedantic,  but NIE is Numero Identificación de Extranjero ( Number Identification for Foreigner).  

This message was last edited by johnzx on 07/10/2016.

Like 0      
07 Oct 2016 3:11 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

sounds like the agent originally put an incorrect nie number on the application etc. and got. Ifhe misse dit off then another nie has mystically appeared - No idea why or how this may have happened

Probably very simply an admin (or human) error and now you have sent the correct details so all is well - resend the email with your correct nie and keep copies of emails (print them off and file with your policy) etc  just in case.

No real need to worry it should not be a problem but I am sure some will try and make a mountain out of a mole hill for you

Like 1      
07 Oct 2016 11:11 PM by skippy63 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Bit confusing Skippy.  You said,  “but they never asked ( the Insurance Broker i did all this from a Email )me for my NIE number”.  Now you say,( The Insurance Company)they told me that my NIEnumber was not the one they had on file.”  So what number do they have and where did they get it from ?( I think the broker used there number )

Im a non resident.

If the insurance company will not act on the info you sent, then maybe the easiest thing to do is change your insurance company.

PS  Sorry if I appear pedantic,  but NIE is Numero Identificación de Extranjero ( Number Identification for Foreigner). 

This message was last edited by skippy63 on 07/10/2016.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Changing from Movistar to Hits Mobile - 2 posts
Sub letting in Gran Canaria - 0 posts
Sunny Spain - 2 posts
Banos Y Mendigo - 8 posts
Hi all :) - 1 posts
CAR FOR SALE - 0 posts
Americans Face Difficult Retirement Visa (Residencia de Jubilado) in Spain - 4 posts
ikea ( liatorp ) furniture for sale - 0 posts
Eye Watering Agua Factura AMJASA Javea - 29 posts
New Cross Fit Workout Gym - 1 posts
Well done Do You Spain Car Hire - 2 posts
EU Countries - 6 posts
Peinsa 97 SL under creditor´s meeting - 0 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers. Recommendation - 7 posts
Is Ireland at risk of another banking crisis? - 5 posts
Problems with your S.I.P. card - 6 posts
Spanish wills and inheritence tax - 8 posts
Mortgages on illegal properties: is it Bank risponsable? - 0 posts
Struggles with mortgage payments in Spain - 4 posts
Hi. Removal boxes needed. - 1 posts
Looking for full time job - 3 posts
Are property prices about to fall in Spain ? - 23 posts
Changing name on NIE - 17 posts
Monarch - Air Operators Licence runs out on Friday - 6 posts
property value law - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x