Eye Watering Agua Factura AMJASA Javea

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Dec 2016 6:21 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Floella, I don't know where you are & SE Spain doesn't really give much away, but surely you are aware by now that things are not exactly the same all over Spain? Your statement "Irrigation water comes from a completely different source and is paid to different supplier than main water"  may well apply where you are - but then, SIP cards & SUMA mean as much to people in Andalucia as does Catalan or Basque, so you should never assume everything is the same. It sounds to me like you are talking purely about rural areas. Where I am, and clearly where the OP is, there is ONE supplier for the urban area. Digging a well in the middle of a heavily built up area would likely be frowned upon, and truck deliveries do not exist. Having said that, there are a few fountains around this town (not every town!) that are fed directly from local springs (manantiales) and can be used to fill containers (up to 5l per visit) with mineral rich, excellent drinking water - for free!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
06 Dec 2016 9:04 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Have lost count of how many times I have stated  the obvious that not just every region has different rules but within that perimeter so do the  towns and villages. However not talking about man made laws but water.

Roberto, you asked this question , and I am answering you.

Yes, it is the law to use ( agua de riego) irrigation water for outside spaces and is on a completely different system to mains water and is paid , without any other add on's, to to the private firms who control it. Normally one has to buy into a local syndicate to get it.

It is neither the drinkable water collected from a towns spring, tankered in water,  nor mains water but " contaminated water". The source can be from wells or sewerage plants. It is swarming with the bacteria that is a main cause of legionnaires and health and safety advised us, when my husband was hospitalised with the disease, to steer clear of any fountains, usually seen on roundabouts  here, because of inhaling the spores.

Spanish people aren't interested in gardening   Like we Brits, so unless you live in areas of farming most of you won't have it. And be VERY grateful.

Like 0      
07 Dec 2016 2:55 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Maybe I'm being dim, but I'm utterly confused now. You acknowledge that things vary from one part of Spain to another, and even within local areas, but then say we're "not talking about man-made laws, but water". You then proceed to generalise that the law (not man-made, so what? law of physics, law of nature?) states that we must all use water contaminated with legionnaires to water any outside spaces. Furthermore, this water is" on a completely different system to mains water and is paid to the private firms who control it. Normally one has to buy into a local syndicate to get it." I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. All I can tell you is that where i live, there is ONE supplier of the town's water, and if you happen to have a garden that needs watering, that's who supplies the water, which is the same damned "domestic" water (clearly stated on the bill) as enters our cistern for individual homes. We don't have a choice - there is no "syndicate", there is no alternative, the same council controlled company provides all the water, and drainage etc. Perhaps everyone here is breaking this law you speak of? And for the record, if there was the slightest suggestion that there were legionnaires spores anywhere near the water for our garden, you'd see me block paving the damned thing quicker than an Irish tinker could.

You then finish by saying that unless we live near areas of farming, we won't have this lovely contaminated water - so again, utterly confused. Were you referring previously to the law just at your end of your pueblo, then?

Now back to my question, I was asking if the garden supply has to be seperated from the home supply - not if it has to come from a seperate source / supplier altogether.

Mark Twain

Like 1      
07 Dec 2016 3:51 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Roberto am not indulging with you in a slanging match. 

Always thought your knowledge about Spain 2nd only to one other , on this forum, but if you are unable to comprehend my post simply because it doesn't happen on your Spainish  urbanisation.......then I was obviously wrong. laugh

Like 1      
07 Dec 2016 4:10 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

No interest in a slanging match as you put it either. I comprehend your post perfectly, as representing your understanding of what happens where you live, and I don't for one moment doubt the veracity of it either. Why would I? I just don't understand what it's got to do with anyone or anywhere else, and it doesn't in any way address the question I posed earlier in the thread. It's basically irrelevant. Perhaps you had difficulty comprehending my post?

Oh, and by the way, I don't live on an urbanisation. I thought that was clear alos from my post as well, but never mind, it's hardly important & I couldn't care less.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
17 Jan 2022 8:56 PM by Xabia Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

I have a septic tank

Should I be paying EPSAR Sewage fees ?

AMJASA? Javea

Like 0      
18 Jan 2022 9:58 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

If similar to us, if main sewerage pipes have been installed near your property , regardless of your being connected

( connection being your concern )) then you will get charged.

Like 1      
18 Jan 2022 3:42 PM by amogles Star rating in El Campello (holiday.... 174 posts Send private message

Same here. We're not on the sewer because we have a septic tank and the costs of connecting to the sewer are pretty high because it's at the wrong end of our plot and we woild have to pump it uphill.

But the sewer is there so we pay for it.

Maybe one day we will connect to the sewer as the septic tank is showing signs of age and is also in the way of other plans we have. But we will deal with that when we get there.

Like 1      
23 Apr 2022 2:18 PM by lacasita Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

hi there, for the amount of water being charged on your bill you probably have a water leak

or if you are renting your property, your tennants may be having never ending showers, this may be the problem. You can solve it with this shower timer with shut off , Acqua Tempus, we installed it and it cut down the water bill quite a lot since tourists don't waste any more water or energy in the shower

but again, I presume you have a water leak in your property, call a fontanero

This message was last edited by lacasita on 4/23/2022.

This message was last edited by lacasita on 4/23/2022.

Like 0      
23 Apr 2022 3:01 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

Original post 2016. Probably fixed by now??????

Like 1      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New Cross Fit Workout Gym - 1 posts
Well done Do You Spain Car Hire - 2 posts
EU Countries - 6 posts
Peinsa 97 SL under creditor´s meeting - 0 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers. Recommendation - 7 posts
Is Ireland at risk of another banking crisis? - 5 posts
Problems with your S.I.P. card - 6 posts
Spanish wills and inheritence tax - 8 posts
Mortgages on illegal properties: is it Bank risponsable? - 0 posts
Struggles with mortgage payments in Spain - 4 posts
Hi. Removal boxes needed. - 1 posts
Looking for full time job - 3 posts
Are property prices about to fall in Spain ? - 23 posts
Changing name on NIE - 17 posts
Monarch - Air Operators Licence runs out on Friday - 6 posts
property value law - 2 posts
I don't have a legal resident contract and my landlord won't help me get an Empadronamiento?! - 8 posts
Yet Another Rental Car Rip Off - 45 posts
bike test - 4 posts
is it wise to move to Spain post Brexit - 45 posts
Using Spanish words in written or spoken English - 3 posts
Plumber - la Cala de mijas - 0 posts
Liability on a 6 months rental - 3 posts
Esta if you have lived in Spain - 0 posts
Customs duty - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 30

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x