Solicitor

Currency exchange Spain
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Apr 2016 10:42 AM by MANXMONKEY Star rating in Channel Islands. 81 posts Send private message

MANXMONKEY´s avatar

I have a suggestion. I recently sold a property and the purchaser's vendor sent me a 60 page booklet to complete (on the Isle of Man but the principal is the same wherever). If you are buying why not do the same and incorporate the answers into the contract? The questions even asked if my dog had bitten anyone and if I had planning permission for my Sky dish.  It was a pain and included questions on boundaries and fences, drives and gates and previous, current and possible future disputes!  You could simply ask every question that could concern you and make the vendor complete it.

Like 3      
19 Apr 2016 11:14 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Manx. Thanks for that.   I am now even more glad I decided to live in Spain !!

Like 0      
20 Apr 2016 8:30 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

the purchaser....sent me a 60 page booklet to complete...if you are buying why not do the same and incorporate the answers into the contract?

That's a truly superb idea Manxmonkey.  I wish I had done so recently, I hate being conned even though this time it only cost me a few hundered euros.  But far more importantly your suggestion should reduce the amount of fraud and misrepresentation by the vendor.

Like 1      
20 Apr 2016 10:49 AM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

@Acer: I’m not sure it would get you anywhere. I did something like this when I bought my smallholding 8 years ago. Pretty much every answer the seller gave me was untrue. When I queried this, everyone shrugged and said words to the effect that they were unaware, or things have changed since then, or it was to the best of their knowledge, etc. My lawyer joined in the shrugging “He says he thought he had planning permission when he sold to you”. “The certificate that the mayor sent me saying you can build, he now says the system has changed since then”. If you let it upset you, you’ll end up tearing out your hair. The law and legal system will not back you up. Just accept that you’re probably going to get ripped off and do your best to minimse it.  You're quite  lucky you actually got a property for your money.

But we’d do it all again. We'd buy the same property. We love the country – we are still friends with “the seller” and have him around for a barbecue from time to time. We came to Spain from Cape Town, so not having people trying to rob and kill us 24/7 is a big plus.

Like 1      
20 Apr 2016 12:31 PM by Lawyers Star rating in Orihuela. 7 posts Send private message

Lawyers´s avatar

Hello.

Here is a lawyer who is not lazy, nor incompetent or interested in developing relationships with compatriots rather than doing the work required by the client... :D

Like 0      
20 Apr 2016 1:20 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Hi GuyT,

Thanks for yours - do I detect just a hint of cynicism here?

We're all different.  I wouldn't get too upset either way, but I'm a bit litigious on the quiet.  I've never hesitated to issue proceedings when necessary and always been successful, usually without going to court. 

But you're right, enforcing your legal rights in Spain seems to be like pushing water up a hill.  They would probably foam at the mouth at the thought of adopting the UK "Money Claim Online" system.   But you have to start somewhere!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

long term rental - 6 posts
IBI number for payment of property tax - 3 posts
new to eye on spain - 19 posts
IHT REFUNDS - 2 posts
Andrew - 9 posts
Spain to Stop Siestas - 54 posts
Budgeting for Living - 5 posts
Panama Papers, tax evaders - 4 posts
private hire drivers in marbella - 5 posts
UK Vehicle and Driving License check on-line, as used by Spanish Police - 9 posts
Mojon Hills, Isla Plana-Looking for tutors for high school English and Math - 0 posts
Spanish legal fees - taken all of our Interest on deposit - 42 posts
flight insurance - 25 posts
Argentinian Butcher - 1 posts
Cleaning - 7 posts
I need good quality legal advice - 4 posts
Route Stop-over - 0 posts
CREMATION COSTS - 15 posts
Mobile roadside speed detection. - 7 posts
WANTED TO RENT UNFURNISHED VILLA/CORTIJO - 0 posts
Pool builder wanted in Murcia - 2 posts
Free healthcare in Spain? - 7 posts
Pregnant- worried about food hygiene in Seville- advice plz - 9 posts
Leak in apartment - 26 posts
Olvera - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 86

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x