Regular Payments To Spain

Currency exchange Spain
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Jan 2008 7:17 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar
I see that currencies direct are going to do online transactions some time this year

Like 0      
11 Jan 2008 9:56 AM by davidno1dad Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thanks for your help.

Please if anyone has any more infomation please post it up for  me..... While waiting for someone to post a reply I did a bit of reseach for myself  and I found a company called Excel Currencies i gave them a call and they seem very helpfull. One of the main things i noticed was that they dont work on a contract so i didnt feel under pressure to work with them but then i taught i would get a rate from them and then ring around to other companies and compare there rates because they were claiming to Guarantee unbeatable exchange rates. I started with a company called Hifx i was told they were one of the biggest companies then a company called Money corp, Sterling exchange, Rational Fx and a few others all of which didnt match the rate i was given by Excel Currencies.

Has anyone ever worked with this company before...?? Excel Currencies ?? If so please could you post a reply on how your experience was with them thanks.................

Like 0      
11 Jan 2008 10:05 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
What rates were you given by each of the companies?  It would be interesting for us all to see.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
11 Jan 2008 2:27 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

More doom and gloom from the BBC website:

"The pound has fallen to an all-time low against the euro after weak manufacturing data underscored a gloomy outlook for the UK economy.
Sterling fell to 75.86 pence per euro, its weakest since the single currency was introduced in 1999. "

We worked out how much extra we would have had to have paid for our apartment given today's rate, it was another £3000!! As it is, we have to find another £40pm in mortgage payments, let's hope interest rates do go down again and not continue upwards.

Mark

Like 0      
11 Jan 2008 4:51 PM by flyingcat Star rating in London/Mojacar. 85 posts Send private message

flyingcat´s avatar

Marksfish,

you are recently completed your purchasing as we all read your story. Which FX company you use for your monthly regular FX? We used Money Corp for our deposit payment, which at the time quoted better rate than HiFX. We now on the stage of completion and very soon need to set up regular transfer.

Like 0      
11 Jan 2008 4:53 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We use Xe.com for our money transfers. Takes about a week from making the deal for the funds to be in our Spanish account. We have found in the past that they give a better rate than some of the others.

Mark

Like 0      
02 Mar 2008 5:25 PM by spainops Star rating in Benidorm, Spain. 21 posts Send private message

Try WorldFirst - I use them for ad-hoc transfers and are very good

http://www.worldfirst.com/?ID=292

Like 0      
02 Mar 2008 5:50 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hmm, with WORLDFIRST to get 100,000€ you need £76,312.37 (1.3104)

Mark, is that good ? Come in, Marksfish.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 3/2/2008.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2008 5:56 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

They have a better rate than Xe (1.308 at the mo), but they don't so 100,000 in one transaction for personal accounts, plus they have the same rate no matter how much you change. World First state that lower rates apply for lower amouns, so wil be looking at them tomorrow.

Mark

Like 0      
02 Mar 2008 6:04 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
More calls, Mark comes, awwwwww....... you gonna miss me.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2008 6:05 PM by Eva2008 Star rating in Reading. 152 posts Send private message

Eva2008´s avatar

Hi all, for regular payments, I use GCEN (Global Currency Exchange Network), they have a HSBC account in the UK which you transfer money to each month via a standing odrder, so no charges. Then, on the first of every month, they convert it and send it to your account in Spain and they guarantee the best rate and NO BANK CHARGES. If you want to transfer anything over 10k, then it's seen as a one off and you need to call them on the phone (UK numbers which they pick up in Spain) to negotiate a deal.

I found out about this company while out on a viewing trip in Almeria last year. I deal with a girl called Emma on a UK number and she answers in Spain, very simple and never had a problem.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2008 6:08 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Only 'cause i'm not driving my car at the moment More .

Seriously though, it won't be the same without you!!

Mark

Like 0      
02 Mar 2008 7:13 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Quote from the World First website regarding charges. Note the bold:

For all transactions over £10,000 (or equivalent in local currency) we will make your international payment for free. For transactions under £10,000 we charge £15 per transfer. If you would like to make multiple payments from a single transaction over £10,000 the first payment is free and subsequent payments are £15. This is less than almost all banks, which usually charge up to £40. We can also avoid correspondent and receiving bank charges in most countries. This can save you a considerable amount in certain countries.

The wire charge for Xe is £12 and is payable for all transactions, even those over £10,000.

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Frustrated ! - 3 posts
NIE numbers for children - 11 posts
new owners at Jardines Del Mar Costa Del Sol - 1 posts
Opticians - 5 posts
Schooling Almoradi - 2 posts
Broadband on the Costa Blanca - 3 posts
Bill - 2 posts
Furniture for sale - 0 posts
security grills - 2 posts
jacuzzi yes or no - 6 posts
Satellite dishes and Spanish Law - 9 posts
House repossesion! - 1 posts
Packing - 2 posts
New Member with a query! - 8 posts
School in Duquesa - 4 posts
Solicitor in Torevieja - 1 posts
nota simple - 3 posts
Property Insurance - 14 posts
skype - 14 posts
buying in almoradi - 3 posts
Does anyone know?...and opinions please! - 8 posts
does anyone know....? And your opinions please! - 3 posts
Hello everyone - 1 posts
QUESTION OF THE DAY??? - 31 posts
HACIENDA MARINA JANUARY 2007 - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 33

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x