Renewing DL in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Dec 2015 9:23 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I am always reluctant to complain about the systems in Spain, however, I am astounded.

When I renewed my Spanish DL in 2011 at the age of 71,  I got a 2 year licence.  When I renewed that in 2013 again a 2 year DL.  I have just renewed my DL again and I they have given me a 5 year DL.   My health, reactions etc. have not suddenly improved, in fact my eyesight has deteriorated.  I will soon need a cataract op on one eye as my sight in that eye is very inferior.  

The only factor which change was that I used a different clinic for the renewal. They charged 49 euros.

I am speechless !

Like 0      
03 Dec 2015 9:47 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

John

There were changes made in 2014

From Trafico

• The Class B permit has a term of 10 years to 65 years.

From age 65 the term is 5 years

• Permits the BTP, C1, C1 + E, C, C + E, D1, D1 + E, D and D + E classes
    • Five years while his owner does not turn 65 years old.
    • From age 65 the term is three years.

https://sede.dgt.gob.es/es/tramites-y-multas/permiso-de-conduccion/renovacion-permiso-conduccion/

Like 0      
03 Dec 2015 10:43 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Thanks Team, glad I did not complain !!!

Like 0      
03 Dec 2015 11:00 AM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

Looks like I was conned!

My renewal in Feb 2015 (aged 77) was for only two years.

Can one complain and get a correction, do you think?

Like 0      
03 Dec 2015 12:26 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Everything connected to the Spanish government is designed simply to extract revenue from you. There is no logic, just Euros and Cents.

Like 0      
03 Dec 2015 12:34 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Marc

I've never heard of an amendment, you will have to go to your local DGT office and ask them - This was all to do with a EU directive to harmonise licences

Like 0      
03 Dec 2015 12:59 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Micky  Everything connected to the Spanish government is designed simply to extract revenue from you. There is no logic, just Euros and Cents.

Having given me 5 years instead of 2 would not seem to comply with that ideology.

Like 0      
03 Dec 2015 2:00 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

It is obligatory for all EU residents with legal residency in Spain, obtained before 19th January 2013, who holds a driving license for an indefinite period or for a period longer to 15 years for licenses of Group 1 ( AM, A1, A2, A,B y BE) or for a period longer to 5 years for licenses of Group 2 ( BTP, C1 and BE).

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

rental - 6 posts
Employment - 3 posts
car hire in alicante airport - 29 posts
Obtaining a licence in Andalusia (Granada) - 1 posts
apple tv in Spain - 4 posts
Animal Lovers problem in Costa Blanca reference cats!!!!! - 5 posts
car hire in santa pola - 0 posts
HEALTH INSURANCE - 3 posts
What is the best place to immigrate to? - 20 posts
A question for Maria re LEY 57/1968 General Guarantee to ensure the repayment of amounts paid on account – SUPREME COURT RULING - 25 posts
BOLORENT Oliva - 0 posts
Ali Oli - 0 posts
UK Registered Motorhome For Sale - 0 posts
refund of deposit - 21 posts
UK EEC Referendum - 30 posts
Driving car in Spain with UK road tax. - 16 posts
Sold our Spanish Holiday Home.. no regrets - 26 posts
Endesa Smartphone App - 0 posts
Lawyers fees for taxes - 3 posts
Autonomo Question - 6 posts
Going up - or Down? - 35 posts
¿ Any Househunters in Murcia w/c 30th November 2015 ? - 0 posts
Case Won - 3 posts
HEALTH INSURANCE - 5 posts
IBI on static caravans - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x