Good Place To Rent Costa Calida Area

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Sep 2015 12:53 PM by MFraser Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

We want to spend 4 weeks looking around the Costa Calida area from the beginning of October and have seen lots of cheap rentals on Golf Courses.  I'm guessing this is because they include so many properties and/or October is a quiet time of year re renting.  We are looking at Condado de Alhama, La Torre, Hacienda Riquelme and Camposol. Yes, we DO want to be amongst English speaking folks during our stay ie; someone to talk to about the area....and we don't care if we're not close to the coastline.  We already know and love Murcia City and we have spent time on the La Manga Strip but we haven't researched the area between. Any advice on where to stay would be much appreciated. Many thanks in anticipation!

Like 0      
02 Sep 2015 2:46 PM by DuncanMcG Star rating in Manchester, UK. 377 posts Send private message

DuncanMcG´s avatar

We stayed at La Torre when we were out looking in December. We rented a spacious apartment at very reasonable rates. It was very handy for looking round the Mar Menor area. There are decent facilities on site e.g. restaurants, supermarket and bar.

I'm guessing that Condado de Alhama and Camposol would be better for researching the Mazarron area?

Like 1      
02 Sep 2015 3:39 PM by MFraser Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

Thanks for your reply, Duncan.  It's good to know there will be some facilities open on La Torre.  Hopefully, I'll get some feedback re the other areas, too?

Like 0      
02 Sep 2015 4:36 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

You have got to consider Camposol if you are looking to buy with its great community spirit/100% English Speaking/pubs/restaurants/18 hole golf/free entertainment every night/and above all extremely affordable properties 😀.

Like 1      
02 Sep 2015 5:19 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

You dont need to go to Camposol free entertainment, just spend a few hours on this forum.

Like 4      
02 Sep 2015 8:21 PM by MFraser Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

Yep....after reading all the posts on this site over the past 24 hours, newworld, I understand what you mean!

We just want to spend 4 weeks in an area where we can talk to some folks in English to try and get their take on the different areas. We won't make any decisions based on only a British point of view.  We have other plans whilst we're there.  I get by quite well speaking Spanish.

May I take it, windtalker that you wouldn't recommend buying a place/renting long term in Campasol?

Like 0      
02 Sep 2015 8:37 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

( May I take it, windtalker that you wouldn't recommend buying a place/renting long term in Campasol? ) He would recommend it big time, he is the original MR Camposol he has held this crown for many years,And wait till he sees you have spelt Camposol wrong, he wont be happy. lol only joking windtalker

Like 2      
02 Sep 2015 9:07 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

MFraser---- I would look at rent around the San Jaiver / Los Alcazares area ( Roda Golf ) is a nice place, as its Oct your after alot of place will be deadish, but the area down near the 525 Hotel you will still find bars shops etc will still be open.

Like 1      
02 Sep 2015 10:25 PM by MFraser Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

Ooops! Sorry about my spelling mistake....

Thank you for the advice, newworld. I will check out some rentals in the areas you recommend. 

Like 0      
02 Sep 2015 11:48 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

Camposol is the place to go for a month if you dont mind an expat community as you will have lots of choice with 12 bars and a lots going on all year round . Only 10 minutes drive from the coast as well

suggest you search "costa calida chronicle" on google where you can download the 50 page magazine and see pages and pages of events , on a month by month basis,

All you clever cloggs who  slagg off camposol  should read it too..... COSTA CALIDA CHRONICLE on line

Fomer member revisiting r.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2015 11:11 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

MFrazer are you intending to live fulltime or use the property as a holiday home .

Like 0      
04 Sep 2015 8:59 AM by MFraser Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

We're looking for somewhere to spend the whole winter....the 6 months we're allowed without having to change our UK residency. This could change, though, if we find a nice area where we'd rather be than the UK. To be honest, we have been put off buying a place since the new ruling means paying tax on a rental income (if we only spent six months there) if we had no renters. It appears to be a better plan to rent rather than buy when there are so many places available. 

Like 0      
04 Sep 2015 9:15 AM by MFraser Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

Thanks, Aliton. I have been researching the Camposol site but I haven't read the Chronical yet. 

Like 0      
04 Sep 2015 10:28 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

A lot of places become almost ghost towns during the period you mention, from October to March.  In my experience Alhama being one of them.  So I would go with Camposol as it ticks the boxes you mention and it's well served by roads to get around Murcia. 

But Camposol is massive sprawling  place and you might want to contemplate which part suits you before you approach the agents - I don't know it that well, but my choice would be "Sector A" but away from the main road.  The development behind the small shopping area seems to me to be very pleasant.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2015 10:53 AM by MFraser Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

Thanks, acer. I have just looked at the Camposol site map and it is huge. I'm finding it difficult to find a rental there for a reasonable price so far, though, even though the ones I have looked at appear to have months of availability. I'm comparing prices with apartments on the Polaris sites, though, which is probably a ridiculous comparison?!

Like 0      
04 Sep 2015 11:23 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Thanks for yours.  I admit to being a bit anti Polaris as I looked round Alhama when it was being built as was very disappointed by the site layout and generally small rooms.  Camposol is marginally better layout wise, but the big difference is the property size - most are large and generally they don't have the boxy, regimented feel that you get with Alhama.

I've never rented so I don't really know, but having said that I would be surprised if there was much difference in rent. 

Another option for you might be Mazarron Country Club, a mile or two down the road from Camposol, it's got no shops and only one restaurant, but quite pleasant.

Like 1      
04 Sep 2015 12:36 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

MFrazer now that you have explained what you intend using the property for ,basically fulltime living then you can strike off the so called golf resort's what you are looking for is a urbanization that people live on all year round with all the amenities that you will require for day to day living a previous poster recommended Camposol A because you can get by living on A sector without having a car ,that's OK provided you don't drive and want to spend all your time in the one place I have a villa on D sector it is right at the back of Camposol very quite away from all the noise that comes from the bars on. A and B sector l have just come back from spending 10 days holiday you can rent a 2 bed property all day long anywhere on Camposol for around the 275eu pm try Google for Murcers estate agents or just type in estate agents in Camposol good luck with the house hunt.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 04/09/2015.

Like 1      
04 Sep 2015 1:03 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

We have a place on SECTOR A CAMPOSOL as holiday home and its a very short walk to the two commercial centers . weve had No problems ever ... with noise from any of the bars

Again I must mention look at " Costa Calida Chronicle" as the September edition is NOW on line to download. 100 + pages of info and pages of whats on in the area.

Camposol has 5000 full time Residents living the good life so always something to do all year round. Easy drive from either Alicanti or Murcia airports

Looking for rental ? sorry.. We dont rent (neither do Mercers.!)

For rental best try ( google) ANOTHER WORLD PROPERTY CAMPOSOL where you can look at property and book on line and they have been established for 10 years with offices based on camposol commercial B.  Another World run by english couple and they have property on every area fo Camposol including  ABCD also Condado also Country Club .

Fomer member revisiting r.

Like 1      
04 Sep 2015 6:16 PM by MFraser Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

Thank you so much for all your replies and good wishes. I'm so glad I joined this site! We now have several places to look at and I'm sure we'll get fixed up with a rental for October....then we can start researching whole-of-winter lets...

Like 0      
04 Sep 2015 11:26 PM by DuncanMcG Star rating in Manchester, UK. 377 posts Send private message

DuncanMcG´s avatar

Not all rentals on Polaris resorts are the same. The ones on the later resorts such as Alhama de Condado and Las Terrazas de La Torre are on the small side, but certainly big enough as holiday apartments. Not all are ghost towns in the winter either. For the record, I bought on Las Terrazas de La Torre. I use it for holiday breaks to get away for some peace and quiet, rest and relaxation. It is perfect for that. I certainly wouldn't recommend it to someone looking for social activities. Even the bar, restaurant and supermarket are only open morning and afternoon in the winter.

Now that I have established my neutrality on La Torre, like I said, I rented on La Torre when I was out last December and it was far from a ghost town. A few of the restaurants shut down over the Christmas period but the Irish pub, Italian Restaurant and Supermarket are open all winter. There are lots of local restaurants nearby which are open all year round which offer free shuttle bus service to and from the resort. There is also a wealth of restaurants and bars in nearby Los Alcazares if you fancy some winter beach sun in a tourist centre. The apartment we stayed in on La Torre was quite spacious, two bedrooms, both with balconies, large living room, separate dining room and separate kitchen with a large outdoor terrace and underground secure parking.

There is also the Mar Menor resort that you might want to try as I believe that is quite busy with lots of facilities and a wide choice of accomodation.

Why not try a week in each while you are out exploring to get a feel for the different areas?

Best of luck with your search.

This message was last edited by DuncanMcG on 04/09/2015.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

problems with headphones - 0 posts
Hoja de Reclamación - 6 posts
Smart meters - 4 posts
Vaccinations for a visit to China - 1 posts
What's it like to live full-time in the region of Playa Flameca? - 32 posts
re- locating to spain - 1 posts
DENUNCIAS BY OWNERS LETTING ‘ILLEGALLY’ - 24 posts
Solvia Bank Mortgage - 0 posts
What are the 3 things you would change - 1 posts
What would I do differently - 1 posts
sewing machines - 0 posts
Parking on the street for Free all day / night in Extramurs, Valencia? - 1 posts
Some tools with which to learn Basic Spanish - 2 posts
Uk Driving license taken by police - 6 posts
bank fees for mortgage - 19 posts
charges on property - 11 posts
La Herrada Holiday Home Owners - Beware - 70 posts
LONG - MID TERM RENTAL JAN - MAR 2016 - 2 posts
Bus Travel West Along the N340 - 5 posts
Murcia Region Rental Wanted - 12 posts
Cover for electric boiler on balcony required - 0 posts
Valencia car hire companies that won't rip me off! - 6 posts
Getting out of long term contract early - help! - 14 posts
help needed - 11 posts
Long term rental wanted Marbella San Pedro benahavis or Estepona area. - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 28

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x