Good Place To Rent Costa Calida Area

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Sep 2015 11:39 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

I owned on la torre  and there is plenty of people live there full time, both owners and renters there is a couple of hundred properties rent out. And also MMGR as a few hundred properties lived in full time. And with bars out side the MMGR also a very busy area, even more so at weekend. Many people who slag off Polaris resorts have not seen all the resorts, each resort is very differant 

This message was last edited by newworld on 04/09/2015.

Like 1      
05 Sep 2015 8:24 AM by Nellydean Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

I would say that La Torre is a good place to be or over the road on Lo Santiago.  There is lots going on around you that you have obviously missed previously.  Have a look at the ADAPT website.  Lots of weekly activities here, also the U3a in Torrevieja.  You can dip in and out of things here too.

Did you know there is a Roldan Social Club on you doorstep at La Torre? There are weekly activities here.  If your wife likes Flower arranging , there is a flower club once a month in Torrevieja.

i suggest you buy a Costa Blanca News and look in the clubs and societies too.

Around here stuff tuff goes on twelve months of the year, if you know where to look.

Sorry,  but to me personally, Camposol is in the back of beyond.

Everyone over here is very friendly and open to new friendships, so good luck in your search and I hope that I've helped.

Like 0      
05 Sep 2015 9:00 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Mfrazer if it only 4 weeks rental you require why not just book in to a hotel at the time of year you are talking about they are very cheep WHAT EVER YOU DO don't go any ware near Torrevieja it is full of stinking dirty cars that are parked nose to tail in every street ,overflowing garbage bins and unkept dirty streets.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 05/09/2015.

Like 1      
05 Sep 2015 10:17 AM by Asirb Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

You should definitely check out Roda Golf on your visit. It's fantastic!

The on-site facilities are a bit sparse however, the local area has so much to offer including some great Mar Menor beaches, plenty of local restaurants and only 20 mins drive to La Zenia Boulevard shopping centre. 

Enjoy your trip.

Asirb

Like 1      
05 Sep 2015 10:33 AM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

There are some highly subjective views expressed here, but I suppose it is natural that people want to defend their own purchase.  The most curious comment was calling Camposol "the back of beyond" which really is unhelpful. 

I don't live there, not do I have any business interests there, so I am impartial.  Camposol is effectively a large town with a wide choice of different properties to suit most people.   It will not suit everyone, but some of the deals to be had currently should not be ignored.  

It is pretty well self sufficient with all the shops, restaurants, medical services, sports facilities including what I am told is a good golf course.  It has excellent road links, it is 10 minutes from Totana which is a lovely Spanish town and has good train connections to the rest of Spain and a similar time to the many beaches of Mazarron bay.  So "the back of beyond" ?  No, that is a comment without any justification whatsoever.

Like 1      
05 Sep 2015 5:25 PM by sal1y Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi, to put my twopenneth in.  Have you ever considered the Almeria area?  A little cheaper than Murcia but only 100 kms more or less to the city up the motorway, you have areas such as Desert Springs and Valle D'Este Residential Golf areas, you also have Mojacar and slightly inland Arboleas, Zurgena, Albox etc all with English communities there or nearby.

If you are interested in more information and some examples of rentable properties then please let me know and I would be pleased to help.

Very best,

Sally (Scamell)

Like 1      
05 Sep 2015 9:25 PM by MFraser Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

Yes, we looked at the Almeria area...spent a week in Garrucha...not long, I know. We felt there wasn't enough going on to keep us occupied for a few months and not so many towns/villages to explore within a few miles radius. BUT, we could be proved wrong.  A week is a very short time!

Like 0      
05 Sep 2015 11:13 PM by sal1y Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

A week is not a long time!  We have been here in Huercal-Overa for 12 years now and it has flown! Mojacar Playa and Pueblo are generally busy all year, although of course it goes quieter in winter but if you are involved in the life of the villages around and about I am sure you will find things to do.  I can't say I have visited Mar Menor or Mazarron or Camposol that much but I am pretty sure you will find similar things to do if you look.  Garrucha is quite a Spanish seaside town and port so maybe you didn't quite see the life you wanted.  If you are interested in taking a look around again then please contact me.

Like 1      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

problems with headphones - 0 posts
Hoja de Reclamación - 6 posts
Smart meters - 4 posts
Vaccinations for a visit to China - 1 posts
What's it like to live full-time in the region of Playa Flameca? - 32 posts
re- locating to spain - 1 posts
DENUNCIAS BY OWNERS LETTING ‘ILLEGALLY’ - 24 posts
Solvia Bank Mortgage - 0 posts
What are the 3 things you would change - 1 posts
What would I do differently - 1 posts
sewing machines - 0 posts
Parking on the street for Free all day / night in Extramurs, Valencia? - 1 posts
Some tools with which to learn Basic Spanish - 2 posts
Uk Driving license taken by police - 6 posts
bank fees for mortgage - 19 posts
charges on property - 11 posts
La Herrada Holiday Home Owners - Beware - 70 posts
LONG - MID TERM RENTAL JAN - MAR 2016 - 2 posts
Bus Travel West Along the N340 - 5 posts
Murcia Region Rental Wanted - 12 posts
Cover for electric boiler on balcony required - 0 posts
Valencia car hire companies that won't rip me off! - 6 posts
Getting out of long term contract early - help! - 14 posts
help needed - 11 posts
Long term rental wanted Marbella San Pedro benahavis or Estepona area. - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 28

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x