miss sold insurance

This thread is currently locked.

:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jul 2015 1:24 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

acer,

If translating a Spanish insurance policy wording into English is 'not clever' just because you assume that the insured will not even understand it in English, then all insurance policy wordings might just as well be in Latin.

If you've not yet noticed, I've posted in respect of my son and his partner's UK purchase, any comment on that?

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
29 Jul 2015 8:42 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

That's not vaguely the same.  Most people would struggle to read and understand the finer points of an 80 page policy - but reading a google translation from a foreign language would be nigh impossible.  Sorry but the idea was a bit silly, the OP needs good advice, not being given an impossible task..

Like 3      
29 Jul 2015 9:08 AM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

The difference between us acer is that I'm not arrogant enough to know for certain the capabilities of most people.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2015 10:22 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Rather an odd statement about most people and arrogance

Does it imply that you are arrogant enough to be certain to know the capabilities of some people! Is this arrogance in itself? Sounds like it to me

Sorry off thread but as the OP question sees to have been answered why not .........All good fun.

Like 2      
29 Jul 2015 12:15 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

As my post stated that I don't have those capabilities, your acccusation is totally without foundation. 

Like 0      
29 Jul 2015 12:36 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Hephaestus

Your post said

The difference between us acer is that I'm not arrogant enough to know for certain the capabilities of most people.

It did not say all people or everyone, which surely therefore must imply you are arrogant enough to (think you) know for certain the capabilities of some people

As Corporal Jones would say to Captain Mannering...................

Like 2      
29 Jul 2015 12:52 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

I was counter posting with acer's post where he mentioned' 'most people', as you well know.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2015 12:56 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

I seen that but your comment when above and beyond the assumption of acer

It is not diffcult to admit a small error - you are of course only human smiley

maybe it woudl have sounded better if you had said you could not presume anything about anyones capabilites instead you came across very arrogantly cheeky

This message was last edited by Tadd1966 on 29/07/2015.

Like 2      
29 Jul 2015 5:35 PM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

Please stay on thread and avoid antagonising other members.

Thank you!

Like 0      
29 Jul 2015 6:11 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2328 posts Send private message

It's all very well to tell the decent posters to stop antagonising other members on the forum but I think you should really look at who's doing this,  the one or two on here with the sarcastic, I am higher then thee attitude and comments, it's been the same two for a while now, yet when the person who has had the comments directed at them and quite rightly answers these two back, it seems to me they get the reprimand, not the sarcastic two. 

Makes you wonder if these two, or should I say the 5 are only really one.

Like 2      
29 Jul 2015 6:25 PM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

If you didn't receive a PM, it's not directed at you. 

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

This thread is currently locked.

Previous Threads

Any Info on living in the Canals area - 2 posts
Lawyers in Alzira - 0 posts
Equity Release - 12 posts
Alicante Airport - 0 posts
CGT - 13 posts
Plumber/electriction for holiday let - 0 posts
marbella plumbers - 0 posts
Website set up for off plan deposits? - 5 posts
NIE in Torrevieja - 30 posts
car purchase and resident - 14 posts
buying off-plan comes more risky. Law 20/2015 abolishes Law 57/1968 and modifies Law 38/999 - 71 posts
What's the cost of Aircon installation in Spain? - 6 posts
Legal tip 1313.PROMOCIONES INROAL S.L. - BANK ACTION WON IN PROVINCIAL APPEAL COURT AGAINST BANCO MARE NOSTRUM (CAJA GRANADA) FOR A BUYER AT ANDARAX IN TERQUE, ALMERÍA - 0 posts
Hotel in Malaga - 0 posts
Owning reptiles - 0 posts
Happy Gardener - 0 posts
Possible scam for property sellers - 22 posts
Hi Everyone - 0 posts
First visit to Spain - 6 posts
Cyclists and Cycle Paths - 55 posts
Winter rental in Santa pola (or nearby) - 0 posts
Long term caravan site fees anyone? - 5 posts
Pain in Spain !! - 10 posts
The Sun hit s another low - 2 posts
hoppa shared shuttle from Malaga airport - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 31

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x