Ban cyclists !

This thread is currently locked.

:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Jun 2015 5:51 PM by dr who Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

Fartharder - " but I also worry every time I go out on my bike that I'm going to come across someone like dr who"

Someone like me is someone who drives carefully and within the laws while at the same time respecting all around. If only a lot more people were like me. I had a near miss about two weeks ago while doing 50 kph in a 90 kph zone. I was doing that speed because i could see the cyclists ahead and it was just as well. The rider at the back of the peloton decided to pull out and go to the front but never thought to look behind. I had already started to move around them but had to veer out more because of the idiots actions. And apparently i might have been to blame. What a load of tosh.

Like 2      
15 Jun 2015 6:08 PM by Fartharder Star rating in Loriguilla.. 172 posts Send private message

Fartharder´s avatar

dr who

I wasn't suggesting you are a bad driver and a danger to cyclists but you are clearly very fed up and it's a worry for me that drivers who are fed up with cyclists could be on the verge of losing their rag with one. From my own personal experience, about 90% of Spanish drivers are understanding, aware and respectful to me when I'm on my bike and that's great, but those who brush past me very close.....is it because they too hate cyclists and want them off the road? I do think cyclists in general are to blame for this car v bike war but we're not all the same and we don't want angry drivers who bear a grudge coming our way.

Like 0      
15 Jun 2015 6:43 PM by Rossetti Star rating in Oxford and Zurich. 124 posts Send private message

Dr Who

you have the significant advantage over the rest of us being able to go fwd and backwards in time. Suprised you have not used this advantage to pass the cyclists or any other road user you can't pass.

Ross

Like 0      
15 Jun 2015 7:56 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Where I live there is a never ending plethora of cyclists, with some I wonder if they will survive their efforts, but that's their choice, as with joggers. I drive in the Peak Park every day and I've no problem with cyclists, on some of my runs they are travelling at faster speeds than I am. 

On a recent trip to Calahonda I bumped into an old mate who was on a cycling holiday, I pointed out the Mijas Costa Boardwalk to him and his mates, they decided to set off from La Cala on their trips, they never had any problems with motorists and loved their stay in Spain.

Sorry doc, you won't win this one.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
15 Jun 2015 9:08 PM by dr who Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

Hephaestus - i am not trying to win anything. And of course, thats only your opinion that i wouldnt win an argument. Do you want to organise a Cameron v Clegg v Miliband etc type forum ?  We would see then. I am just venting my spleen and i know i am not alone in feeling this way.

And in reply to an earlier comment that i, or someone, could do something on purpose to harm a cyclist, in frustration or anger or whatever, i'm afraid its not worthy of a reply.

I think this has ran its course now.

Goodnight all, and take care on the roads.

Like 1      
16 Jun 2015 8:31 AM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

We all have our dislikes doc, mine is the miss use/over use/ dangerous use of cell phones, but I would expect to be shot to pieces if I posted that they should be banned. I used to run 7 miles in 42 minutes, these days I see folk wearing a couple of hundred quid's worth of kit to run around the block, they thrash out their arms aimlessly and look like death warmed up, but what the hell, it's their life?  

Like 1      
16 Jun 2015 8:45 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

There are many things that are bad on the road such as:

Illegal drivers

Illegal cars

Drivers speeding

Stupid and dnsagerpurs drivers

Using mobile phones

Putting on make up

Cylcists

motorbikers

truckers

etc etc

I understand the frustration caused by other road users but maybe just chill and get to your destination safely even if it is slow and makes you a bit latewink

Like 2      
16 Jun 2015 9:04 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

They get squashed in London regularly because they ride like muppets and think they have a right to ignore red lights (there are sensible cyclists around though).

Karma finds its own way in the end though.

https://youtu.be/nB60DNb_1iU

Mark

This message was last edited by Marksfish on 16/06/2015.

Like 1      
13 Nov 2015 7:06 AM by acton43 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

** EDITED - SPAM **

Like 0      
13 Nov 2015 8:58 AM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Our son and daughter in law are off on a two weeker to Majorca next year, our son is taking one of his very expensive bikes with him, he is looking forward to seeing a lot of the island from the saddle, whilst his wife sunbathes. 

This message was last edited by Hephaestus on 13/11/2015.

Like 0      
13 Nov 2015 2:12 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Someone must be bored as the last post has no relevance to the thread what so everfrown

Like 2      
13 Nov 2015 2:19 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Tadd, 

Yours has even less as it doesn't even relate to bikes. 

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

This thread is currently locked.

Previous Threads

washing cars on the street - 1 posts
So we have decided to take the plunge - 10 posts
No win no fee - 1 posts
san juan de los terreros - 2 posts
COCKROACHES IN VALENCIA - 7 posts
Serena Golf apartments - 3 posts
Inter Rent Car Hire Murcia., Stay Away Warning - 13 posts
Buying a Car - 2 posts
No Community Statutes !!?? - 6 posts
Police station Cartagena - 5 posts
Mijas Costa Boardwalk - 9 posts
confused - 6 posts
Driving from uk to alicante - 2 posts
Run UK business while living in Spain - 2 posts
Advice wanted Inflatable Hot Tub Costa del Sol Nerja/Malaga region - 6 posts
taboos in presenting wedding gifts - 1 posts
Using a gestor for sale of car in Spain - 4 posts
importing english car without recidencia! - 20 posts
Buying a 15 year old property with no escritura - 12 posts
Buying a 15 year old property with no escritura - 5 posts
chould someone tell me why spanish Minimum age for marriage is 16 years old? - 9 posts
Garrucha files for banruptcy - 0 posts
Residents getting quotes for works in the community. - 2 posts
Failure by bank to pay gas bill direct debit - 1 posts
Toni Muldoon - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 33

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x