Using a gestor for sale of car in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jun 2015 10:45 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Using a Gestor for the sale of our car, how do i find out if the car  has been registered in the name of the buyer?

Like 0      
08 Jun 2015 11:43 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

If you're using a gestor, they should do it for you.

There is a site called carfax.es which charge €9.99 and gives you the history of the car including registered owners, kilometerage registerd at ITV and tax history.

Like 0      
09 Jun 2015 9:48 AM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

I am using a gestor, but apparently, the buyer is supposed to give the seller a copy of the permiso de circulacion  to prove it's in his name  and that can take up to 10 days to get, by which time I will have moved 

the carfax site would be no use to me as the seller

i just want to be able to check he has put the car in his name.

can the gestor, f emailed provide the proof?

Like 0      
09 Jun 2015 10:12 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

I can understand your concern camposol but I shouldn't worry too much, you are after all using a Gestor, you do have recourse with them if anything goes wrong.

You should leave the office with the money and a signed and stamped compraventa (Sales Contract) this gives you a fair bit of security as you will have the buyers name, address and NIE number.

In our area (Malaga) it can take as long as three weeks for traffico to process the change.

Keep photo copies of all the car documents just in case.

the carfax site would be no use to me as the seller

Of course it would, What mariedav is saying, is that for added piece of mind, after say six weeks go to a site like this and buy a report on the car which by that time should show your buyers details as the owner.

Like 1      
09 Jun 2015 3:08 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Ok, thanks Marie Dav

when I leave the Gestor, what documents should I have been given apart from the contrato de compraventa?

Solicitud de transmission?

the car insurance people say I have yo give them a "justificante" in order to give proof of no claims bonus - What is this?i am supposed to get a copy of the new permiso de circulacion in the buyer's name within 2 weeks.

if i have moved on since then, could the gestor email me a copy?

This message was last edited by camposol on 09/06/2015.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

importing english car without recidencia! - 20 posts
Buying a 15 year old property with no escritura - 12 posts
Buying a 15 year old property with no escritura - 5 posts
chould someone tell me why spanish Minimum age for marriage is 16 years old? - 9 posts
Garrucha files for banruptcy - 0 posts
Residents getting quotes for works in the community. - 2 posts
Failure by bank to pay gas bill direct debit - 1 posts
Toni Muldoon - 0 posts
Contiflo - 1 posts
Loan for a new property - 21 posts
Double bed with storage underneath - 0 posts
long term rental advice - 0 posts
The Greek crisis - 114 posts
delivery problems - 1 posts
English Channels in Spain - 7 posts
minimum savings to stay in Spain - 9 posts
Endesa - subsequent bills? - 4 posts
Property Tax - 2 posts
Are you moving to Spain? - 0 posts
UK TV Progrmmes - 8 posts
Olvera properties or alficasa? - 1 posts
Debt question relating to the management company - 5 posts
Surplus Books - 1 posts
AGM or lack of it. - 5 posts
Exact Change Kiosk at Malaga Airport: Avoid - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x