Annual Spanish Tax

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Jan 2007 3:54 PM by Sue Amos Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Ok, I spotted the 'send private message' link.  Just call me a novice!

Like 0      
02 Jan 2007 8:13 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

No worries Sue Amos,

I have your e-mail and will reply privately.

Regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
03 Jan 2007 7:49 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hello Gunnerfitzy,

I stand corrected and rightly so.

After a sleepness night pondering the percentages on the Renta Tax, I have to agree with your calculations.

I was thining about the figure that is inputted on the 214 Tax form, I had forgotten the fact that once you get to the form, then you will only pay 25% of the figure you have calculated from the Valor Catastral.

So, to clarify:

Take the Valor Catastral, multiply it by 2%, then multiply it by 25%, this gives you the Renta Tax payable.

My apologies to one and all and I hope this concludes this query!!!

But it does mean that you all pay less than what you thought!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
03 Jan 2007 7:57 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Good job Hacienda do the calculation for you Fibs - otherwise you would have been paying more tax than necessary - try getting that back from Hacienda worse than a Rotweiler with a bone! You must have been at the Absolut again! 

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
26 Jan 2007 7:55 PM by Locins Star rating in Thurso, Caithness, S.... 102 posts Send private message

Locins´s avatar

Hi Everyone

Wow, you have given me so much to think about on reading these threads. I knew this tax business was complicated but never imagined by this much. I was originally planning paying someone to deal with Tax for me but am now pondering on whether I will manage it mysef. We are completing on a 2bedroom apartment in Mar Menor in the summer sometime, so have a bit of time on our side to start trying to suss the system out for ourselves. Fibby and Smiley your posts are so interesting, you are both doing a great job to help us novices - keep up the good work!

Fibby I sent you a PM regarding some of your info before reading all of this thread and now discovered some of the answers here. I will still be interested in your detailed instructions on tax though.

Thanx

June

Like 0      
27 Jan 2007 9:25 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

1st guide to paying your own taxes in Spain with £4 going to Emma's fund has been sold!
Thank you to Sam & Keith for helping to swell Emma's fund!
As soon as their credit hits my bank a/c, the £4 will be winging it's way to Emma's fund account.
Let's hope for many many more £4's
Great news!!!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
29 Jan 2007 9:07 PM by Locins Star rating in Thurso, Caithness, S.... 102 posts Send private message

Locins´s avatar

Hi Fibby

Could you give me details on sending you money for your document - I will be thrilled to help little Emma!

June

Like 0      
02 Feb 2007 11:09 AM by westport Star rating in London & Co.Mayo Ire.... 509 posts Send private message

Watch the Overseas Property News at 6.30pm on Sky channel 287, the Overseas  property channel. There is a report on it regarding the Spanish revenue clamping down on people that are not declaring rental income on second properties. There is also an update on the illegal builds. The  programme is repeated every night, but a new update is shown every Wednesday.

Westport

Like 0      
04 Feb 2007 1:49 PM by Oscar1 Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

I’m just about to complete on a property on the CDS, can anyone advise on what taxes I have to pay at this stage?

Should I pay for Fiscal Representation as my lawyer is suggesting to file documents?

Please advice  

Like 0      
04 Feb 2007 7:51 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Have a look at my website Oscar 1, it may help you.

www.payingtaxesinspain.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

rgds,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
15 Feb 2007 8:15 AM by plexx Star rating in Hertfordshire & Elvi.... 131 posts Send private message

plexx´s avatar

Is the wealth tax calculated on equity held in a property, or on the value of the whole?

Like 0      
15 Feb 2007 9:35 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Plexx

Wealth Tax is payable on the amount you own outright in the property, excluding any mortgage.

Mt guide  gives you full details, check out my website to find out how to obtain the guide.

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
15 Feb 2007 2:37 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
17 Feb 2007 4:01 PM by Montegolf Star rating in Birmingham, England .... 2 posts Send private message

Hi Fibby / Smiley,

We completed on our property mid 2006, and was advised that we probably wouldn't get our IBI Tax bills for about 18 months, ie Jan 2008. Does this mean we don't have to pay the Wealth and Renta taxes until we receive this or am i being optomistic / naive?

Like 0      
17 Feb 2007 4:46 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

IBI (Impuesto Bienes Inmuebles - literally Real Estate Tax) is the equivalent of Rates, Council Tax or whatever it's called in UK these days. Nothing to do with Renta or wealth tax.

It will be at least 18 months before you receive the first request, maybe more, depends on your town hall, and it will be back-dated to the time you purchased. You probably won't be expected to pay it all at once, however. There will be a time allowed to pay the first year's IBI, then the next etc. Strictly speaking, whoever owns the property on 1st Jan is liable for that same year's IBI, so your developer should pay it for 2006, but in reality the bill will probably come to you. You can try to get the developer to pay 2006, but if he doesn't, you could face problems in the future when trying to sell. If that bill was never paid, it may have to be paid, plus interest and fines, before you can sell. You may decide for the sake of €??? you may as well pay it and have the peace of mind that your property has no debts on it.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
17 Feb 2007 5:24 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
18 Feb 2007 10:00 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hello Montegolf,

Just want to echo what Roberto & Jesnsis have said.

They are both 100% correct and the most important point Roberto said is not to have any outstanding debts on your property.

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 6:35 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

From what I have read on this thread regarding wealth tax, it sounds as if I may be better off taking out a mortgage on my property rather than buying outright? Does anyone know how this balances out? Would appreciate any views.

Alan

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 7:21 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 7:30 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

Thanks Janice I'll do that.

Alan

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Nueva Andalucia Deposit - 2 posts
Houses facing small access road - 4 posts
Life and ASU Insurance - 7 posts
Holiday today - 2 posts
Operation Malaya - 8 posts
John 13 left note on Cortijos re Jardines see Jardines de Alhama - 3 posts
spanish gardeners : where do we advertise for them on the Costa del Sol - 3 posts
Escritura - 3 posts
Please could I ask if members would put WHERE they are in Spain on their profile ? - 2 posts
anyone buying in historic city centre in malaga, or via off plan 'terrazas de moclinejo' - 0 posts
New Loans and Mortgages Site - 0 posts
Community commitee - 4 posts
Professional clean?Installation of Sat TV - 22 posts
Why rent, when you can own? - 0 posts
Why Rent, when you can own your own home? - 0 posts
SPAIN IS DEFINATELY CHEAPER TO LIVE - 21 posts
CONTRACTS - 4 posts
6% interest - 2 posts
Hague Apostille - 0 posts
NIE Certificate - 139 posts
english reg car - 68 posts
How does a Community Work? - 177 posts
Motoring Organisations - 2 posts
Feliz Navidad - 2 posts
SuperiorworldWide ? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 64

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x