I owe 8 years of IBI

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Mar 2015 2:07 PM by stevewarbs Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I have just received legal paperwork for over 4,000 euros for 8 years of IBI.

This is the first time I have received anything from them, all of our other bills are always paid on time and have been for the entire 8 years.

I have no probem in paying them but is there any possibility they might negotiate on the penlties and interest?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Like 0      
23 Mar 2015 3:00 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Did you ever go to the town hall and ask why you had not received a demand for the IBI  ?

Sometimes they don't tell you, you have to go yourself

Like 0      
23 Mar 2015 3:19 PM by theline Star rating. 84 posts Send private message

I think the statutory maximum they can legally claim back for is 4 years?

Like 0      
23 Mar 2015 4:25 PM by starfox Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Depends on where the OP is, If it's Alicante, Valencia or Castellon then I believe this would fall under the law changes made by LOTUP and the period is now 15 years.

Like 0      
23 Mar 2015 6:15 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

You must have known that you had to pay IBI ** EDITED - Inciting** l had to pay 5 years IBI through no fault of my own it can take up to 4 years for this bill to be issued and is always back dated to the day you're escatura was registered  ** EDITED - Inciting** if it was as easy a not bothering to pay you're tax for the last 8 years and when you get caught you will only ever have to pay for the last 4 years wouldn't everybody be doing this.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 23/03/2015.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 23/03/2015.

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 3/24/2015 1:00:00 PM.

Like 1      
24 Mar 2015 12:10 PM by stevewarbs Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

To Windtalker, silly me I trusted the solicitor to set everything up for me. I can't pay what I don't know about.

If you read my post carefully you will see that I said "I have no problem paying it".

I have now settled this with the town hall so no need for further childish responses.

Thanks for nothing.

Like 3      
24 Mar 2015 12:47 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Well another new person to EOS who i dont think will be back anytime soon, after been given very unhelpful reply.WELL DONE GUYS

Like 4      
24 Mar 2015 12:55 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Stevewarbs- in Spain information doesn't come to you, you have to seek it.

Even though your d lawyer probably should have informed you , it is still your responsibility to do some research, and it is difficult to see how you could not be aware of a tax all your neighbours are paying, not to mention all the articles in the expat press and information forums.

Like 2      
24 Mar 2015 12:58 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Steavwards if you haven't paid IBI for 8 years then you should check out you're none residents tax Bill you will have that  to pay for the last 8 years as well.

Like 1      
24 Mar 2015 1:10 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Steavwards if you haven't paid IBI for 8 years then you should check out you're none residents tax Bill you will have that  to pay for the last 8 years as well.

Hacienda can only go back 4 years for income tax..

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2015 1:27 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Hacienda can only go back 4 years for income tax..

Unless they started proceedings/or they tried to notify you of the debt, albeit that you were not aware for any reason, in which case I understand they can go back 4 tax years from that date.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Any help and advice appreciated to help us move to Spain - 50 posts
trampolin hills - 1 posts
Voting in Andalucia today - 3 posts
Hi, New Here, Looking to Move to Alicante in 5 weeks - 4 posts
Honest tradesmen in Campello /Alicante area - 0 posts
Documents required by Estate Agents from overseas buyers - 10 posts
MAG254 IPTV box with WiFi - 2 posts
want to buy an apartment in Malaga capital - please advice - 3 posts
Moving to Spain pending the Brexit! - 8 posts
Inspection hamber on bathroom floor - 2 posts
Car regs for Spain - 5 posts
anyone know a free proxy for iplayer itv player that seems safe and OK - 5 posts
is there any "Real Ale" on te costa del sol? - 2 posts
Links - 1 posts
Job wanted_Sales, Administrative Manager or English-Russian interpreter - 0 posts
Bank Guarantees Abuse - 2 posts
Creating "Power of Attorney" in UK that will work in Spain - 2 posts
Documentation translation - 0 posts
public transport combined weekly bus/train ticket - 2 posts
Suggestions for Mortgage company for additional surveys - 1 posts
Modelo 720 illegal - 17 posts
Hi from not so bonny Scotland! - 4 posts
Santa Pola - 3 posts
eye on spain property site - 2 posts
Read this in A newspaper - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x