Modelo 720 illegal

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Mar 2015 1:16 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar

According to On the Pulse of Spain this morning Brussels have deemed declaration of assets is illegal

http://www.onthepulse.es/new-laws-in-spain/brussels-views-declaration-assets-abroad-in-spain-illegal-150306 

Like 0      
16 Mar 2015 1:41 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

I thought assets outside the country you live in had to be declared wherever you live in Europe

If it is illegal, it's too late for those of us who have dutifully bared our financial souls to the Hacienda

Like 1      
16 Mar 2015 2:26 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

The Brussels Declaration, called EU Pilot 5652/13 / TAXU, concluded that the rule infringed Community law in two aspects: the penalty system as non proportionate and its applicability as sanctions possibilities do not expire.  

Brussels has expressly stated that "intends to deepen this aspect of research and propose the opening of an infringement procedure"

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 1      
16 Mar 2015 2:49 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

It always looked illegal to me, even under the Spanish constitution never mind EU law.

Good job most people sensibly chose to ignore the Modelo 720 altogether smiley

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
16 Mar 2015 3:16 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

You think it's sensible to ignore a possible huge fine?

Like 0      
17 Mar 2015 3:30 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

You think it's sensible to ignore a possible huge fine?

Yep.  Less risky than handing over intimate details of your finances to a government desperate for cash.  And most people agreed.

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
17 Mar 2015 4:23 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

The illegal parts were the disproportionate fines, and the abolishing of the statute of limitation, not the fact that you had to declare assets outside Spain. Other countries require this declaration too, not just Spain

It's irresponsible to advocate not submitting this declaration, when not to do so could  be a lot more punitive!

Like 0      
17 Mar 2015 5:02 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

The world is made up of roundheads and cavaliers, some folk love to comply with everything, whilst others detest autocratic bureaucracy, I favour the latter, particularly when the bureaucrats are breaking an EU law.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
17 Mar 2015 6:19 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Just because you detest bureaucracy( and who doesn't?) you can't just ignore the law of the country you live in.

the 720 in itself isn't illegal, it is required in other EU countries

what is being contesed are the disproportionate fines for minor mistakes, with no intention to defraud.

why should we be made to feel like mugs when we have gone to great lengths to comply with the rules.

those who haven't , we'll, they can't moan about the heavy fines that hopefully come their way.

Like 1      
17 Mar 2015 6:27 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

I truly wish that the citizens of Germany had ignored the laws of their country in 1934, along with the Spanish in 1938.

Like 0      
17 Mar 2015 6:31 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Just because you detest bureaucracy( and who doesn't?) you can't just ignore the law of the country you live in.

Why not?  That's what the Spanish do smiley

You seem to have a very British attitude towards things (I'm presuming your a Brit).  Things are done a bit "differently" in Spain.  I guess you haven't really mixed too much with the local Spanish population so don't really understand the mindset here...

Like 1      
17 Mar 2015 7:09 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Yes, I know things are done a bit differently in a Spain- specially regarding taxes- that's why spain is in such an economic mess!

Mugs like us pay more and more tax because those who choose to not comply don't pay theirs!

Like 1      
17 Mar 2015 7:14 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

An ex UK public sector worker will be well used to obeying their master's thinking instructions without question, not a snipe, just an honest observation.  

Like 0      
17 Mar 2015 9:21 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Camposol! Really, you astound me. Surely you can't mean those nice, law abiding British citizens who come to another country and then decide they don't do things right here so try and change them into British? Not those nice people who think the rules on driving a car don't apply to them so continue to drive without insurance, MOT and, gee whizz, if my UK registration is good enough in UK it's good enough for these funny foreign people. And the fact those back in good old Blighty make the foreigners do it there, why should we do it here because, after all, we're not foreigners, are we? Or who think their rules for going across a roundabout are silly so, my goodness, I'll continue doing it the same way I did it back home regardless. Or are you talking of those nice people who say I've paid my way at home so why should I pay these bureaucrats here as well. My money is my money and they ain't getting no taxes off me, no sirree. Or maybe it's those who complain about those nasty immigrants back home who come in, use our health service, don't speak the language and live in little ghettoes with the same people of their kind? Of course, not the same as us because we are entitled to it, aren't we? Or maybe it's those who say "well, the Spanish do it" and then complain at how corrupt the system in Spain is when they get caught? After all, it's their right to do things their way, innit? Of course, I'm sure there are many thousands of Spanish with overseas investments who don't declare it so it's the same for us, of course it is. Or could you possibly be talking about those people who step off a plane, buy a ticky tacky building from the first person they see so they can rent it out and make a fortune?  Of course, no need to tell any of the tax men, how ever will they find out? Not those who sit in English pubs complaining about how they take 80 euros a year off them for "imputed" rental taxes. Definitely not them. After all, if it wasn't for us Brits they'd still be picking oranges and riding donkeys, wouldn't they? And it's obvious you aren't talking about the nice people who raise their voices to waiters and shopkeepers because, after all, if they didn't shout those funny people wouldn't be able to understand them, would they?

No, sorry, I have absolutely no idea who you are talking about.

Like 4      
18 Mar 2015 8:59 AM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

It must be really boring being perfect, thankly I'll never know. blush

Like 0      
18 Mar 2015 10:12 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I personally decided that to declare was better than taking a chance Brussels might get Spain to withdraw the rule (before I died ! ).

I note that the Pulse article says:-

Since 2013, a total of 7,013 cases have been opened against either those that did not present their assets abroad declaration form, or against those who did in 2014 when they should have done so the previous year, or without fully offering all the information required.

Like 1      
18 Mar 2015 11:14 AM by theline Star rating. 84 posts Send private message

7,013. I didn't realise Spain had so many politicians ;-).

This message was last edited by theline on 18/03/2015.

This message was last edited by theline on 18/03/2015.

Like 1      
20 Mar 2015 2:23 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

It seems the EUs response to the petition about the 720 was That it sees no problem with the abolishment of the statutes of limitation.

Bad news for those who decide to regularise their tax affairs in Spain!

This message was last edited by camposol on 20/03/2015.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hi from not so bonny Scotland! - 4 posts
Santa Pola - 3 posts
eye on spain property site - 2 posts
Read this in A newspaper - 2 posts
Transferring a UK car onto Spanish plates - 8 posts
Buying a re-sale 20 year old property without Habilitation Licence - 10 posts
Obtaining Police Report from Police Station (Marbella) - 5 posts
castellon airport - 1 posts
Nie & and Social Number - 4 posts
Car insurance - 0 posts
Assets declaration, form 720 - 14 posts
Where to study Spanish and work part-time? - 1 posts
Building developers in administration - now what? - 10 posts
Castellon Airport - 2 posts
AIRPORT - 0 posts
are your mornings disturbed by building works again? - 0 posts
How can you try and work out which agent actually has the direct listing? - 15 posts
Exchange rate - 9 posts
Do you live here - 12 posts
Changes to IHT in Murcia? - 4 posts
jr - 0 posts
Cheltenham in spain - 0 posts
Assets worth more than you think! - 0 posts
Changing Community Statutes - 0 posts
Insuring a Spanish car not in my name please help - 23 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x