Inspection hamber on bathroom floor

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Mar 2015 10:30 AM by patsy47 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone can help, I have a round inspection hole on my bathroom floor, it has a metal top that unscrews, well the top has come away and wont screw back on, I wanted to know if I had to  replace it and if es does it mean I have to have the tiles around it up to put a new one in, it has pipes running into it. thank you in advance.

Like 0      
19 Mar 2015 6:53 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi Patsy

This discussion  below might help you with your problem. You may need to Call in a Plumber to give you some advice or a neighbour who knows about these things.

http://www.andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32175

Good Luck

Nigel

Nigel

Like 0      
21 Mar 2015 8:57 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

It is the air trap  for the waste pipès from the, bath, hand-basin, bidet etc. which prevents smells escaping from the plug holes in the bath etc.

In UK it is usual to have a U bend under each appliance.  The 'hole in the floor with the shiny cover'  is the equivalent.   That means you must have it unlee you fit U bends to each waste pipe..

If you need to inspect it, say there is a blockage, undo the screw in the centre a couple of turns, push the screw down down the release the rubber seal, and lift it out.  To replace reverse the procedure .  There is no need to over tighten.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 21/03/2015.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Car regs for Spain - 5 posts
anyone know a free proxy for iplayer itv player that seems safe and OK - 5 posts
is there any "Real Ale" on te costa del sol? - 2 posts
Links - 1 posts
Job wanted_Sales, Administrative Manager or English-Russian interpreter - 0 posts
Bank Guarantees Abuse - 2 posts
Creating "Power of Attorney" in UK that will work in Spain - 2 posts
Documentation translation - 0 posts
public transport combined weekly bus/train ticket - 2 posts
Suggestions for Mortgage company for additional surveys - 1 posts
Modelo 720 illegal - 17 posts
Hi from not so bonny Scotland! - 4 posts
Santa Pola - 3 posts
eye on spain property site - 2 posts
Read this in A newspaper - 2 posts
Transferring a UK car onto Spanish plates - 8 posts
Buying a re-sale 20 year old property without Habilitation Licence - 10 posts
Obtaining Police Report from Police Station (Marbella) - 5 posts
castellon airport - 1 posts
Nie & and Social Number - 4 posts
Car insurance - 0 posts
Assets declaration, form 720 - 14 posts
Where to study Spanish and work part-time? - 1 posts
Building developers in administration - now what? - 10 posts
Castellon Airport - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x