Astra Satellite

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Dec 2014 1:50 PM by lasatalayas Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Are other folks seeing a degradation in signals over the four or five weeks?

We have a 1.5mtr dish in the north of Castellon which has been fine until recently. 

It seems there may be an upgrade to Astra next year but I can't find any info on that.

This message was last edited by lasatalayas on 20/12/2014.

Like 0      
20 Dec 2014 4:33 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I had my to dishes realigned 3 weeks ago due to receiving poor picture works great now.

Like 0      
20 Dec 2014 4:58 PM by lasatalayas Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Dish checked yesterday.

What size do you have please?

Like 0      
20 Dec 2014 6:16 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I noticed the return of Channels 4 & 5 (and their associated extras) when out by Mojacar last week, usually around mid afternoon.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2014 8:36 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

Over the last 2 weeks in December, my freesat reception has improved big time since September

I thought they must have boosted the signal on Astra

1.4 dish, inland Murcia

Like 0      
23 Dec 2014 11:58 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

After more than a year without the main 5 channels from UK  they have , over the last month, reappeared and reception is perfect. BBC1  and BBC 2 are via 961 and 971 respectively. ITV,Ch4 and Ch5 as per normal.

Our dish is 1.4 and we live in the Lorca,Murcia valley surrounded by hills and mountains.

Wondering now how this has occurred and whether or not this is temporary or permanent as the sat experts initially said an upgrade in dish size was needed to watch UK tv ever again. 

Like 0      
03 Jan 2015 5:24 PM by lasatalayas Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

My channels also came back on the 23rd/24th. Someone at Astra must have flicked a switch.

The day after I ordered a much larger dish (bugger)!  Never mind insurance for the future.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2015 11:35 AM by Plantagenet Star rating in Jaen. 32 posts Send private message

Plantagenet´s avatar

Last night, bored with what few channels I have had since February last year I clicked on All Channels and to my amazements got BBC 1,2,3 and 4.  ITV 1,2,3 Channel 4, Channel 5 and all of the BBC regional channels.  I couldn't believe it - but liked it.

Probably won't last - pessimist that I am, but in the meantime I am enjoying it.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2015 12:10 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Wow, thats good news! I checked mine after floella's post on the 23rd Dec - still no good here on Mijas Costa.

We need one of the experts to tell us what's happening, if it's going to last or maybe even get better (Sat and PC Guy?)

Like 0      
05 Jan 2015 5:32 PM by Plantagenet Star rating in Jaen. 32 posts Send private message

Plantagenet´s avatar

Just as I suspected, retained a few channels but most of the ones in my last post are back to 'no satellite signal is being received' ah well, at least I had one episode of Lewis!

Like 0      
05 Jan 2015 5:45 PM by lasatalayas Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

All my channels are OK. Good signal strength.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2015 8:16 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Last couple of days the 4 missing channels haven't been available until 8pm where I live.  So folk just keep trying via various channels. 

This used to  happen,at times, with the old system but only when it was raining or very windy. 

Like 0      
05 Jan 2015 10:51 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

No good, they are not coming back!! Just the winter solstice the man in the pub told me! He must be rightsmiley

Like 1      
10 Jan 2015 8:33 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

No change in signals from the satellites.

But cold clear nights help signals

As does Astra doing reglular station keeping and adjusting slightly the satellites position if and when it drifts too far from its intended position.

"It seems there may be an upgrade to Astra next year but I can't find any info on that."

The third and final new Astra UK TV satellite - Astra 2G - was launched on the 28th December - it has just reached its test location- so it iwll be a few months before it is operational. But then as it is built to the same specs as 2E and 2F, you can expect reception to be the similar. 2G is expected to be used for the channels on the old Astra 2A. These ar mainly Sky pay channels,and for some areas of SPain will actually improve reception of some Sky Pay channel,particularly those on the trick to receive Astra 2A NOrht beam.

http://www.satandpcguy.com/Site/astra_2g_satellite_reception_testing_news_updates.php,

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

TEXT Santa etc - 2 posts
Buy direct from owner and you will get a nice surprise - 0 posts
Buy direct from owner and you will get a nice sorprise - 0 posts
Buyer withdraws due to Fuera de Ordenación classification - 8 posts
Cost of installing a lift/elevator? - 0 posts
easyJet luggage charges - 0 posts
Looking for a job....Orihuela Costa - 2 posts
CAJA RURAL liable of refunds in Eurohouse, Fortuna development - 3 posts
Uk Car sale - 0 posts
villa salada - 0 posts
Internet - 7 posts
replacement coping stones for swimming pool - 2 posts
Hola Malaga, looking forward to speaking to u all - 0 posts
Have you read Platero y yo? - 0 posts
5% withholding tax on sale - 5 posts
Atlas Choice - car hire brokers - 2 posts
Gotardo Rodriguez Palmera Properties - 13 posts
loans help please - 18 posts
Montemar near La Finca, Algorfa - 1 posts
Capital gains tax - 8 posts
Moving to Spain - 3 posts
Does anyone else find the "Eye on Spain" amatuerish and boring.Is it fit for 2015? - 64 posts
Cgt query - 0 posts
Cgt query - 14 posts
For the Moderator - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x