Please recommend me A GOOD ESTATE AGENT

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Sep 2014 8:15 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

I think people are afraid to sell their property themselves, because they think there might be a problem they can't cope with, and they've heard so many horror stories

Like 0      
12 Sep 2014 8:27 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Where's the risk in cutting out the estate agent ? If you are resident here and not hidden in the campo, where no-one will ever see you, a REA isn't necessary.

Se vende with phone number on a board like the Spanish do and then, engage a lawyer , or if brave enough, off to notary with all the paperwork.

Like 0      
12 Sep 2014 8:46 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Agents ??? ive had keyholder/property management (not legal or registered) in the pub trying to sell me properties, The word jack of all trades, master of none.comes to mind.

Like 2      
15 Sep 2014 9:51 AM by scambuster Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

I think from our replies to the topic title 'Please recommend me a good Estate Agent' in Spain that is, that few of us know where to find such information that can be relied upon. 

It can only be word of mouth I think, there is no register as such, and relying on Spanish Property websites which have agents' and developers' adverts is rather unreliable, there is a vested interest with those websites.

EOS is more helpful in that it seems more impartial and unbiased, so any posters on here with good agent feedback and those who keep costs down when selling, plus those that explain the multitude of pitfalls, would be respected.

Like 0      
24 Nov 2014 1:00 PM by nickbazie Star rating in marbella. 3 posts Send private message

Well, it all depends of WHERE do you want to live. I would recomend you some small companies because any client is important for them, and they will do their best you to be satisfied. ** EDITED - Advertising ** 

Cheers and always yours. 

Nick

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 11/24/2014 4:42:00 PM.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2015 6:38 PM by scambuster Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

Update on recommend a good agent. Google search a guy called Andrew Belles based in Fuengirola (can't think of his agency) has always come across as pretty open and honest about things from my take on things, I have yet to find others of his ilk.

** EDITED - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 2/26/2015 11:54:00 PM.

Like 1      
27 Feb 2015 6:57 PM by scambuster Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

This time my post was half edited, which in effect means that you cannot warn others of dodgy agents, websites etc but can only post positive news, hence the half that was allowed is about the one agent I mentioned that was ok.

What can anyone deduce from this over zealous moderating that may allow others to be ripped off?

Like 1      
27 Feb 2015 7:17 PM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

Please following forum rule :

"DON'T MENTION COMPANY OR EMPLOYEE NAMES - Please do not use the forums to complain about companies or individuals.  We are not in a position to be held liable for defamatory content on our site over which we know nothing about.  Therefore, please do not mention any company names or their staff if you have any complaints. This is not the place to vent your anger."

If you wish to give further details please share that information in private. You can use the PM system. We are not in   a postion to verify whether a member has written a truthful statement or not. Hope you can undestand this. 

Thanks

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 27/02/2015.

Like 0      
28 Feb 2015 10:37 AM by scambuster Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

Ok I won't mention company names or employees, however I answered a post directly  from another forum member which is hard not to associate which company is being spoken of. I can assure you it was not 'venting my anger' either, merely being helpful!

EOS as you cannot verify whether information in posts is true or not, what is the difference when I praise a company or person which you accept? I don't quite get it, surely anyone even an employee could start recommending the company they work for, purely for commercial interests!

So to re-affirm who I praised, it was Andrew Belles in Fuengirola which says a lot for him as I don't dish praise out generally, he is the only agent I trust on the CDS.

Like 2      
28 Feb 2015 1:15 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Any agent that requires a large deposit payable to themselves should be avoided at all costs, this is a scam where you will be very unlikely to see your money again, or have your offer accepted.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 1      
28 Feb 2015 7:02 PM by scambuster Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

Is it within forum rules for me to post a checklist of how to sift the wheat from the chaff regarding estate agents in Spain, just so that people are made aware of what to watch out for, so as to lessen the odds of being misled or worse, duped?

Like 0      
28 Feb 2015 7:19 PM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

"EOS as you cannot verify whether information in posts is true or not, what is the difference when I praise a company or person which you accept? I don't quite get it, surely anyone even an employee could start recommending the company they work for, purely for commercial interests!"

Well obviously, if it is praise, we are unlikely to get sued for defamatory content. From that point on we determine if it is spam/advertising or not and take the necessary steps. 

As for your last post, of course it in within the forum rules to post a checklist to help members so long as you don't don't directly attack companies or employees.

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 28/02/2015.

Like 0      
01 Mar 2015 11:17 AM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

A forum is there to help it's members, not to assist their enemies, eos should carry sufficient PL insurance to cover the very unlkely event of a law suit being made against them. If someone has beed duped by a firm/person, it is only right that they are allowed to warn others. A local forum in my home town has banned posters from mentioning those lovely folk responsible for the rape of circa 1400 under age girls, had warnings gone out a few years earlier this fiasco could have been avoided.

This message was last edited by Hephaestus on 01/03/2015.

Like 1      
01 Mar 2015 2:46 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Inciting **

apologies for thread drift

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 3/1/2015 3:24:00 PM.

Like 0      
01 Mar 2015 3:29 PM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

You may be very surprised how frequently we get threatened with law suits by companies and individuals here. We don't edit anywhere near as much as we should do and take many risks because we do believe in free speech and support what you think. But courts cases can be very pricey and put the site at risk unecessarily. So we decide what risks we will take. Hope you understand.

Like 0      
01 Mar 2015 3:38 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

eos moderator

i can understand how frequently you get threats etc and appreciate what you do

was this the reason my earlier post was deleted?

it was only a "free speech" observation and not incicting or threatening

Like 0      
01 Mar 2015 4:55 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Back on topic, when you are selling you can choose who you use, when you are buying it's Hobson's choice if you find the home of your dreams. Care is the key word, just check, read everything supplied and ask questions, no matter how daft they may seem.

Good luck. yes  

Like 1      
10 Mar 2015 10:35 AM by scambuster Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

No bad thing but for some reason all Viva's emails to me automatically go into the Spam folders by my email provider, whereas they used to go in the inbox all the time. Any significance in that?

Like 1      
10 Mar 2015 7:24 PM by vynehound Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

We were house hunting just last week, found a lovely house, ours is on the market and we cant buy until its sold. We had explained this to the estate agent asking would it be better to wait until we have sold, then contact her again, she said no I have lots to show you so we spent 2 days looking. Anyway she wanted £5k in cash there and then as deposit. We said it could take months for us to sell and she said the vendor would wait. She wanted us to sign a contract for 3 months, the if we still werent in a position to buy she said we could pay another £5k to hold for a further 3 months. Alatm bells started to ring when she said she would take us to meet her business partner who would take us to the bank to open an account and give him power of attorney so he could deal with everything when we came back to the uk. Is this the normal practice? It all seemed a bit odd to say the least, or is this how they do it.  Any recommendations for good agents would br appreciated. I have been looking forward to moving to Spain for years, now the times right it all seems sooo complicated/ 

Like 0      
10 Mar 2015 7:49 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Well at least Dick Turpin had the good grace to wear a mask. Until Spain gets it's act together these charlatans will continue to prosper on the back of honest people's broken dreams. If a UK agent asked for a large deposit the prospective purchaser would run a mile, why do they leave their brains at home when they attempt to buy in Spain?

Like 1      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Whats it like..... Camposol Community, Murcia. - 28 posts
Has any one had the new digi boxes put in to regain English channels? - 4 posts
Help with multi agency listing - urgent! - 6 posts
Sky in Spain - 1 posts
Denuncia - 3 posts
Water connection - 6 posts
Car insurance - 1 posts
WANTED PELLET/FIRE BURNER - 0 posts
Weather in murcia end of September - 9 posts
Spanish Inheritance Tax - 32 posts
Advice needed ref roquetas de mar - 0 posts
tv with english channels - 13 posts
Anyone want a vehicle taking to UK in September? Free! - 0 posts
banco sabadel. - 26 posts
Helping with cost of living idea - 2 posts
needed second hand 1.9 metre satellite dish - 0 posts
tom8922 - 0 posts
Internal rules of a community - 4 posts
Court Fees - 21 posts
Axiom Victim Help - 0 posts
La Renta tax rate? - 7 posts
Wanted - ladies and mens golf clubs - 0 posts
Buying in Spain - 5 posts
UK Car or Spanish Car?? Would love some advice please. - 15 posts
condado de alhama - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 46

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x