Clausula Suelo

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Mar 2014 1:57 PM by Suda Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Has anyone had any experience of using a spanish lawyer to get this clause removed from their mortgage.  I instructed lawyers who so say have a great success rate in acting for clients in these cases but I  instructed them back in September 2013 (I paid a fee up front together with paying for a power of attorney from a notary) and nearly six months on the case is apparently still with customer services at the bank, but I was under the impression that the bank had two months to respond and then it gets put before the Bank of Spain.  I have been e mailing and telephoning  the lawyers for more information but they do not answer - have I been scammed do you think?

Suda

Like 0      
10 Mar 2014 12:22 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

After the two initial months, it is necessary to go to next step, which is either a claim before Bank of Spain or judicial action.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
06 Apr 2014 9:10 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

I have the greatest respect for Maria and what she says is actually quite correct. However the harsh reality is that lenders who apply the floor are disregarding any court findings - I am aware of several instances where the court has found in favour of the borrower against the bank, however the bank still refuses point blank to amend the interest pay rate to the true Euribor + ..... or to give the client any compensation for the interest overcharges incurred. I guess the Bank of Spain is reluctant to enforce the issue bearing in mind the current state of Spanish banks in the event it could spark a wholesale claim against them and as the BOS is lender of last resort it would be them that has to bail out any further secondary banking crisis in Spain. 

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Modelo 210 - 0 posts
Could get even happier IF this is true - 2 posts
documents needed to open a new bank account. - 5 posts
senore dude - 2 posts
non-resident UK Licence/Spanish car - 12 posts
Please recommend me a property lawyer, Malaga area - 2 posts
Worst Drivers in Europe - 1 posts
metal runners for kitchen drawers - 8 posts
Best and cheapest way to get to Morocco from Marbella - 4 posts
Taking furniture to Spain in my own van - 3 posts
Agents renting property fees - 0 posts
Usufructs - 8 posts
Embedding a Youtube videos using iPad - 2 posts
confused about mag 250 - 16 posts
Unwanted computer downloads - 24 posts
Pau to Jaca - 3 posts
Blogs - 2 posts
buying a new car in Spain - 25 posts
Spanish border on the northern Moroccan coast - What's your opinion? - 0 posts
NIE-- IN MURCIA - 5 posts
Does anyone know the right way to go about this? - 5 posts
British expats in Spain urged to vote - 1 posts
email's - 5 posts
Malaga Car - 0 posts
UK CAR IN SPAIN --- HOW LONG - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x