Astra 2E the transponder frequency change over begins

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Feb 2014 5:11 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Got back from UK Monday night and noticed only channel 4 is missing. Bad weather last couple of days has disrupted signal on BBC1 (although can receive HD OK), BBC2 and ITV. Sometimes +1 is better. We have (in Almoradi) a 1.1 metre dish and tuned to 12207 - should I be looking for a different frequency?

Thanks

Steve

Steve.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2014 7:04 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

If you have an active sky card, you could try adding channel 4 from frequency 12480 v via the other channels option on your sky box, and accessit via "other channels" rather than 104.

The default transponder frequency does nothing for individual channel reception.It only tells the sky box where to downlaod the channel list from when the box is first powered on. until recently the correct frequency of 11778, that is the only frequency that carries the 7 day sky guide information, was unavilable to some. So the sky box could not download the channel list from this mian frequency. so you change it and ask the sky box to download the channel list from another frequency. Once that chnnellist is downloaded,you rmanually input default transponder frequency is IGNORED, a the sky box will use whichever of the 100 plus frequenices it needs to use for the channel you have seleced.Proven by the fact that there re only about 10 Sky channels on frequency 12207 - no bbc itv c4 or fives are on frequency 12207...

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
05 Mar 2015 9:46 PM by groper Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I have Sky in Greece, albeit without BBC and ITV....but recently discovered IPTV and it works brilliantly. All UK channels and loads from US Australia etc. Can be watched on PC  or, better still, if you have a smart TV it is simple.

if you do not have a smart TV an addon box will do the trick. I have a Fergusun Fbox2.....less than £70

Also, if you add HOLA to your Chrome browser  you can add a UK VPN and  make use of all UK Catchup Channels.

For me the sadly I have lost Sports F1......sniff....can't decode HD.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2015 9:52 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Why are people still using a old fashioned satalight systems to receive a TV picture if you have internet you can buy a android TV box and receive thousands of Chanel's for free and dispense with the big ugly wok you can get a android box from eBay for around £50.00 make sure you buy a fully loaded box this will be plug and play no technical knowledge required .

This message was last edited by windtalker on 06/03/2015.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 06/03/2015.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2015 10:14 AM by starfox Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Quality for one, I watch tv online because we don't have a dish but I can't wait until we actually do. No way would I buy a box that I can essentially do all the same for nothing with my PC but that said it's a faff and I would much rather a straight up and reliable satellite and tuner.

The other thing and probably most important is internet connection, as soon as you head just slightly out of town there is a sever lack of even copper broadband so you need to find alternatives. Some of these are costly and crap, often with a data cap. Even with reliable unlimited 6gb wimax I can watch most standard def streams but it's no good for the decent quality stuff.

Still whatever you are happy with and if you can find something reliable then by all means go for it.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2015 11:46 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I don't understand why you would not buy a dedicated Android TV box with thousands of free films on the cloud to watch l get a great HD picture on my 52" TV knocks the socks off any laptop and you don't get ripped off buy that sat guy every 2 or 3 months for setting up your dish and who on earth wants a giant wok stuck on the villa.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2015 12:48 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

The android TV box is great in the UK - the trouble is the internet in Spain is much more expensive and nowhere near as consistant as in the UK.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2015 8:56 PM by starfox Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

I agree, the internet capabilities here are not good enough in lots of cases. Plenty of people have brought these and found them useless. 

I already run the same sotware on my PC and laptop for free so I don't see why anyone should pay for these boxes if they already have a PC and HD cable but each to their own. Still even then I only watch football via it and have yet to find a excellent quality stream, acceptable ones though.

The other thing is the legal aspect, and I'm not preaching as I watch the footy via the web but unless you stick to just the free sat channels or what is already on filmon etc.. then there is every chance content and movies you may be watching is illegal. That's a personal choice for everybody, personally I'm OK with it but the copyright holders don't share the same view.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

valtocado mijas, cartama near villafranco - 1 posts
Cancel Utilities - 14 posts
Short Term 2 to 3 month rental - 5 posts
Air Boxs. - 0 posts
Fiat Qubo 2011 for sale. - 0 posts
Looking for a good trustworthy legal firm in Los Alcazares in Murcia - 9 posts
Golf - 1 posts
Utilities terazzas de la torre - 3 posts
Amazing place to visit.....near Torrevieja - 2 posts
camper van? - 18 posts
Thinking of moving over. - 4 posts
FAMILY (2 ADULTS 1 CHILD) SEEK PLACE TO RENT ON COSTA DORADA, LONG TERM - 0 posts
Hola amigos! - 10 posts
Caring and Responsible Dog-Walker - 0 posts
Form 720 - 21 posts
Frightening unemployment data! - 0 posts
Spain formally exits bank bailout program in better shape - 0 posts
transferring money from Spain to France - 16 posts
Introducing the SHOWMAN - 0 posts
Update please Cost of a weekly shop - 22 posts
Spanish compliant bonds - 5 posts
Crisis closes 50,000 establishments in 4 years - 0 posts
Spanish Property Prices to See Further Decline in 2014, Says Moody’s - 0 posts
Gay Bars and Clubs - 2 posts
Looking for a private pyschology tutor at AS2 level - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 48

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x