Form 720

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jan 2014 9:17 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

This is an extract from a report by a company's which complained to the EU last year about the 720 requirements. ( http://consultingdms.blogspot.com.es/2014/01/modelo-720-2013-declaracion-bienes.html )

Its just for interest.

In February 2013 our firm, DMS CONSULTING, denounced Spain tor imposing this information obligation in such demanding terms and with a sanctioning regime so severe and disproportionate. In our opinion it is clearly contrary to the law of the European Union and the Spanish Constitution itself.
The European Commission has told us that Spain has already responded to our complaint and that soon they will announce its conclusions. Surely it will not be before the end of the deadline for presenting model 720 for 2013 (31/3/2014), however, we think it will start an infringement procedure against Spain that could end up before the Court of Justice EU.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 30/01/2014.

Like 1      
31 Jan 2014 11:39 AM by CostaBlade Star rating in Riviera. 115 posts Send private message

This is one of many infringements that Spain is culpable of in disregarding EU rules and legislation.

Spain joined the EU - took all the benefits that brings - and disregarded all the rules Spain didn't like.

Only the UK seems to comply with EU regulations these days.

I have always been a great supporter of the principal of a European Union, but now i would vote for the UK to pull out.

Rant over.

This message was last edited by CostaBlade on 31/01/2014.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2014 3:22 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I have always been a great supporter of the principal of a European Union, but now i would vote for the UK to pull out.

In 1975 the British people voted in a referendum to decide whether UK should remain in the European Economic Community.

At no time has there been a vote on the kind of political, financial, human rights. Immigration controls, united states of Europe  etc., which the UK is now subject to

Like 0      
31 Jan 2014 8:29 PM by CostaBlade Star rating in Riviera. 115 posts Send private message

And that is why Cameron has said "if they win the next election, there will be a referendum, (2017 i think)

Nothing to do with getting re-elected of course !

Like 0      
20 Mar 2014 12:06 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Back to the theme, 720 Declaration.

I just submitted the info for this year’s (2013) return. Last day of course 31st March.

I closed an account with Leeds BS (Gib) in March 2013, and transferred the sum to another Leeds (Gib) account. 

Apart from that,  the Return was just about the same as last year, except for the small change in the exchange rate this year against last year,

Closing an account is one of the requirements for a new Declaration.

(Glad to one of the estimated less than 5% who should have made the return and did !!!!  )

This message was last edited by johnzx on 20/03/2014.

Like 0      
20 Mar 2014 3:07 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Johnx-was your accountant 's fee for  just submitting the change, a lot lower than the fee for last year, which was for a full submission? Quite honestly, I can understand having to declare that an account has increased by more than 20.000, but to have to declare closure of an account-why?

Like 0      
20 Mar 2014 3:21 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Last year the fee for the 720 was 85 euros each, for my wife and myself. (I prepared a draft with all the amounts so all the gestor did was type the info on the forms)   The joint tax resident tax return was 50 euros.

but to have to declare closure of an account-why?     Thats just  the way it is.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 20/03/2014.

Like 0      
20 Mar 2014 3:39 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Surely you only had to submit details of the account closed, not other accounts submitted last year? If so, I would imagine it would be quite a lot less.

Like 0      
20 Mar 2014 3:46 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Surely you only had to submit details of the account closed, not other accounts submitted last year? If so, I would imagine it would be quite a lot less.

Perhaps you could give my Gestor a ring and tell her she is wrong !

Or maybe read the Regs which say a 'new declaration'  is required in various circumstances, one of which is closing an account.

Like 0      
21 Mar 2014 2:16 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

I have now had it confirmed that only changes to last years 720 need to be reported, not to do the whole lot again.Phew!

Like 0      
21 Mar 2014 2:45 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

"If you submitted Form 720 in 2013, you only need to report again if:

• The value of an existing asset grew by more than €20,000, or
  • You sold an asset/closed an account, or
  • You obtained a new asset."
  •  
  • Having completed the declaration form,  I can say,  there is no provision on the 720 to make a partial declaration"  Also,  from research on the internet, no where can I see that it says that only the variation needs to be reported.  All say,  a report/declaration must be made                                                                                                                                                                                       But as I said, everyone else, me, and my gestor may be wrong

This message was last edited by johnzx on 21/03/2014.

Like 0      
21 Mar 2014 2:59 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Yes - a report that an asset has been closed etc. I have already spoken to someone with a different accountant, who said he has just reported the one change, with no problem. You may not see it actually pointed out, but why would you go through the whole darn rigmarole again?

Like 0      
21 Mar 2014 3:09 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

but why would you go through the whole darn rigmarole again?

Yes you are right, I now give up.

Like 0      
21 Mar 2014 3:21 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Another thought:

Why shouldn't the 720 have to be filled in by ALL residents in Spain? It would be fairer.

If you have a fraction less then 50,000 euros in each category you still have substantial assets, but no one has to know. Anyway, why should those  over the threshold be the only ones to supply the taxman with a handy list of assets ready to calculate IHT, while those with less keep quiet and pay less?

Why not combine the 720 with  the annual tax return,  make it less detailed and complicated, with a section for assets, changes to existing assets etc? No need for IBAN nos etc, the taxman can change them up if he wants to. Make it just a simple list.Seems logical to me.

Less money for the accountants, suppose they'll up their fees!

Shouldn't the  present value of the house outside Spain  be entered as well as the aquisition price? It doesn't make sense to me, as someone who bought their house in 1980 for £30,000  probably now has a property valued at £200,000 plus, yet doesn't have to mention it. Spanish taxman missed a trick there!

Like 0      
21 Mar 2014 3:26 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Funny that, Jonzx, my husband is always saying I'm right, too!

Like 0      
21 Mar 2014 3:30 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Why shouldn't the 720 have to be filled in by ALL residents in Spain? It would be fairer.

What would be the point,  when less than 5% of those whom it is estimated should have made the declaration last year,  actually made it ?

Like 0      
21 Mar 2014 3:45 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Agreed, but it's time the Hacienda got tough on the evaders and flushed them out.

Foreigners  office should send details to  the Tax office automatically when someone signs on the foreigners register. Simple! That should get all the ex pat pensioner brigade, who can't get their free healthcare until they have signed on the register.

Isn't the tax office looking at electricity bills to establish if someone one lives in Spain fulltime?

I am disgusted at the audacity of those who make no secret of the fact that they do not, and don't intend to, pay taxes in Spain, and no way would they reveal their assets. Latest trend is to state they are non residents ,when you know for a fact they are resident in Spain.

I know the tax office doesn't have the funds or staff to pursue these people, but a purge now and then, with heavy fines till their pips squeaked should spread the message!

Like 2      
21 Mar 2014 3:56 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Foreigners (Registration) office(s) should send details to  the Tax office automatically when someone signs on the foreigners register. 

I believe they already do. A friend of mine’s non-res bank account was frozen by Hacienda when she registered on the EU Foreign Citizens Register.

Like 0      
21 Mar 2014 4:04 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

So why aren't more evaders chased up.Perhaps an automatic  letter  from the tax office ,reminding them of their tax  liabilities, with the consequences of not paying explained would help, followed up with a reminder in May every year that a tax declaration is due!

No tax return made- bank account frozen,no free health care, or any  concession for being a tax paying resident;imagine the howls of protest when trying to book for a DR's appt!

Like 1      
21 Mar 2014 4:29 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

So why aren't more evaders chased up?

You seem to miss the point.    The tax office know that less than 5% of those whom it is estimated should have made the assets declaration last year,  actually made it, and they appear to have chosen to do nothing about it.

End of story,  except for the 'What ifs'     'What maybes '    etc

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Frightening unemployment data! - 0 posts
Spain formally exits bank bailout program in better shape - 0 posts
transferring money from Spain to France - 16 posts
Introducing the SHOWMAN - 0 posts
Update please Cost of a weekly shop - 22 posts
Spanish compliant bonds - 5 posts
Crisis closes 50,000 establishments in 4 years - 0 posts
Spanish Property Prices to See Further Decline in 2014, Says Moody’s - 0 posts
Gay Bars and Clubs - 2 posts
Looking for a private pyschology tutor at AS2 level - 0 posts
complaint against police - 7 posts
* Legal Property Experts * Can You Buy an Embargoed Property? - 24 posts
getting a nie number - 18 posts
easyjet and taking kitchen knives in hold luggage. a problem? - 7 posts
furniture for sale - 2 posts
Benefits Street - 9 posts
MONTILLA, NEAR CORDOBA. - 0 posts
Landline phones - 8 posts
Fuengirola Real Estate - Are they still trading? - 2 posts
ELS Legal - 0 posts
Cheap Bars and Restaurants for Sale - Bargains? - 11 posts
vaccinations needed - 1 posts
BLA BLA CAR - 2 posts
For those who seem, to keep getting fined - 4 posts
Overhauling the Social Security System for self-employed - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 22

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x