Just a test for Floella

This thread is currently locked.

:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Nov 2013 6:31 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

She could not start a new thread

Like 0      
24 Nov 2013 6:43 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Doesn't matter what I do just can start a new thread. Yet replying to posts is not a problem...except for some other forum folk...lol
Not sure how to change my browser...so not as clever as I think !
Wondering does using an iPad make a difference ?.

Like 0      
28 Nov 2013 7:10 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

In my albeit limited experience, using an iPad (or any Apple OS) generally seems to make the simplest of tasks complicated. I'd suggest installing a browser other than the stock (Safari?) one, but that's probably not easy either. frown

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
28 Nov 2013 7:21 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Thanks folks.
Think I shall stay as I am as have no problem with anything other than " new thread" link ,either on this site or elsewhere ,and hate to fix what isn't really broken.
Can always resurrect an old thread if necessary.
Cheers

Like 0      
28 Nov 2013 10:41 PM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar
Hi Floella

Did you try erasing browser history and cookies as we suggested in the other thread?

Do you know how to do this?

Like 0      
28 Nov 2013 10:57 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

No ,haven't tried as I get into panic mode just upgrading apps!!! With my lack of expertise would probably end up removing everything.
It's not a major problem . Was just curious as to the reason.

Appreciate everyone's imput though
Cheers

Like 0      
29 Nov 2013 8:27 AM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

Floella just in case you find the courage to do so! These are the steps you will need to take :

1.  First, you need to go to the iPad's settings. You can get to the settings by touching the icon that looks like gears churning.

1. Next, scroll down the left-side menu and choose Safari.
  2. Touch "Clear History" to delete all records of which websites you have been to on the iPad. You will be prompted to confirm your choice.
  3. Touch "Clear Cookies and Data" to delete all cookies from the Safari browser. Again, you will be prompted to confirm this decision.

Then sign into EOS again and your problem should be resolved.

Best of luck :-)

Like 0      
29 Nov 2013 9:30 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Very kind to take the trouble. Have saved the post for future use.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

This thread is currently locked.

Previous Threads

anti virus AVG2014 - 1 posts
Changing my contact address with Murcia Council? - 2 posts
Nelson at Trafalgar 2013 - 0 posts
broadband speed in Spain - 9 posts
British Couple, Currently living in Canada ~ Healthcare options in Spain ?? - 6 posts
VPN & Netflix - 4 posts
Scam Alert - 4 posts
In the News Today - 2 posts
Cost of living in Spain rocketing! - 1 posts
Buying a car with Italian plates and Insuring etc in Spain - 12 posts
subsidised holidays for pensioners - 2 posts
Social media and job applicants - 4 posts
driving a UK reg car in Spain - 24 posts
FRAUD - SPAM - Private Message - Please do not respond !! - 8 posts
Spain is tightening the belt ! - 0 posts
New Years eve and New years day - 1 posts
ABANDONED HOUSE-IN VALLE DE LOS PINOS-ORIHUELA COSTA/ALICANTE PROVINCE- INFO PLEASE ! - 1 posts
How soon is too soon? - 5 posts
Online shopping - 2 posts
Garage Needed - 0 posts
British expats are too busy to feel homesick- do you agree? - 48 posts
How Nice - 31 posts
Anybody been in this position - 2 posts
ABANDONED HOUSE -VALLE DE LOS PINOS -ORIHUELA/ALICANTE-info-please ! - 0 posts
Price review on ITP tax payment - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x