broadband speed in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Nov 2013 7:08 AM by elraso Star rating. 39 posts Send private message

I have for the last four years ,had a Telefonica land line , but all telephone calls and ADSL were from Talkout es.

Three months ago i complained to Talkout es. (ORANGE) that my internet speed was very low at around 2mb/sec.and could they increase it for me,as i now have media players connected to T.V. That require higher speeds. They informed me that they were unable to increase the speed that i have,and after questioning them repeatedly was told i could have it but would not want it. The reason being that they would raise my monthly bill from around 38 euros to 100 euros.that i certainly didnt want. As i had already had my landline with Telefonica i changed  to them,in short about the same  price as my old supplier Talkout es. i now have around 9 to 10 mb/sec(Download speed) and 0.75(Upload speed) as compared to 2.5mb/sec and 0.25 mb/sec. can anyone explain how Talkout  were unable to do that but were prepared to lose a customer  that they have had for the last five years.

Like 0      
23 Nov 2013 11:35 AM by footiefeet Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

how much are you now paying Telefonica for everything?

Like 0      
23 Nov 2013 11:56 AM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar
It is not possible to get more than 2mb with Telefonica or any other provider using a landline where I live & Telefonica will not upgrade the system due to the lack of demand. I have been with Telefonica for around 5 years and have no complaints about their service but have now changed to a microwave provider which is slightly cheaper and gives me 6 to 8 mbs with a faster speed available at a higher cost Although it is not a problem to me I have complained to them recently that the largest telecoms provider in Spain should have English speaking operatives as there are a large number of English speaking customers

Like 0      
23 Nov 2013 12:38 PM by footiefeet Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

lost count the number of times I have tried to communicate with Telefonica

there is never anyone available who speaks english

Like 0      
23 Nov 2013 12:45 PM by elraso Star rating. 39 posts Send private message

In reply to how much the service costs.If you google telefonicainenglish.com ,the package is there.roughly inc.Iva 39.00 euros per month inc. free call to Spanish Landlines and mobiles(certain limits apply) 500 minutes to U.K. and also i pay 41.00 euros inc IVA every two months for rental of the land line. The monthly cost for everything is around 60 euros per month

Like 0      
23 Nov 2013 12:54 PM by elraso Star rating. 39 posts Send private message

in reply to footifeet and no one to speak in English at Telefonica. I had the same problem and a contributor on this Forum told me how to get someone to speak in English. This sounds bizarre but it works.

When you ring 1004, the message is in Spanish, what you do is start repeating" English speaking" in every pause of the message,eventually the software picks it up and a message will come back .If you wish to be attended in Engish press one.The next time you ring from the same landline the english option comes up right away,if not go through the same procedure.Could this only happen in Spain? maybe not but have never encountered it anywhere else.

Like 0      
23 Nov 2013 1:00 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar
As far as I am aware this option of "speak english" or press 1 for english is no longer available since they became Movistar and all calls are handled by a call centre in South America

Like 0      
23 Nov 2013 1:25 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

As far as I am aware this option of "speak English" or press 1 for English is no longer available since they became Movistar and all calls are handled by a call centre in South America

Just out of curiosity,  what's BT's Spanish helpline in UK like ?

This message was last edited by johnzx on 23/11/2013.

Like 1      
23 Nov 2013 1:32 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar
I agree entirely with you comment Johnx It does seem odd however that this facility has been withdrawn obviously they do not need the business! There are alot of other nationalities in Spain who would benefit from this service
It may not be possible to speak to a Spanish helpline in the UK but I bet you could gain assistance in certain other languages!
This message was last edited by scubamike on 23/11/2013.

Like 0      
23 Nov 2013 1:57 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

It may not be possible to speak to a Spanish helpline in the UK but I bet you could gain assistance in certain other languages!

I cannot see any info on that on the internet.  Anyone know ?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

British Couple, Currently living in Canada ~ Healthcare options in Spain ?? - 6 posts
VPN & Netflix - 4 posts
Scam Alert - 4 posts
In the News Today - 2 posts
Cost of living in Spain rocketing! - 1 posts
Buying a car with Italian plates and Insuring etc in Spain - 12 posts
subsidised holidays for pensioners - 2 posts
Social media and job applicants - 4 posts
driving a UK reg car in Spain - 24 posts
FRAUD - SPAM - Private Message - Please do not respond !! - 8 posts
Spain is tightening the belt ! - 0 posts
New Years eve and New years day - 1 posts
ABANDONED HOUSE-IN VALLE DE LOS PINOS-ORIHUELA COSTA/ALICANTE PROVINCE- INFO PLEASE ! - 1 posts
How soon is too soon? - 5 posts
Online shopping - 2 posts
Garage Needed - 0 posts
British expats are too busy to feel homesick- do you agree? - 48 posts
How Nice - 31 posts
Anybody been in this position - 2 posts
ABANDONED HOUSE -VALLE DE LOS PINOS -ORIHUELA/ALICANTE-info-please ! - 0 posts
Price review on ITP tax payment - 1 posts
Gas Heater Servicing - 5 posts
What is the pay like? - 1 posts
Cheapest Airline? - 12 posts
Cost of advertising on this website - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x