How soon is too soon?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Nov 2013 12:46 PM by Foxesglove Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Please accept my apologies if  I have posted this in the wrong place but I am looking for some advice regardng medium/long term rental.

We want to move from France to Spain in the spring of next year and are tentatively looking at the Costa Blanca north area, although we are certainly not fixed on this as a location.  Our problem seems to be, at the moment, finding a rental property that will be available from say, April next year. Understandably, estate agents want to let properties now and not necessarily look too far in advance.  Does anyone have an opinion on how far in advance it would be sensible to start a property search?  Do we have to be incredibly brave?

In case anyone has any suggestions, we would be looking for a minimum 2 bedroom fully furnished property, preferably with some outside area that would be suitable for two adults and a cat.  We would love to be within walking distance of the sea/local amenities but not near busy roads.  Because we are uncertain of the geography/suitability we are considering a medium term let with the possibility of extending to a longer term.

If anyone has any suggestions, we would love to hear from you.

Lisa and Chris

Like 0      
29 Nov 2013 7:38 PM by Foxesglove Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Wow, only two private messages, I thought I might get a little more advice!

Like 0      
30 Nov 2013 11:32 AM by viva cape town Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

Hello,Please contactme .J have a 2 bedroom ,2 bath in Mijas pueblo

with magnificient view.All ,Mijas pueblo is on the costa del sol

amenities within walking distance

Viva cape town

Like 0      
30 Nov 2013 11:43 AM by Foxesglove Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Thank you Viva, I have sent you a private message.

Also thank you to all who have responded.

Like 0      
30 Nov 2013 10:31 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

I would say 2 months in advance should be time enough, depends on how long you are planning to stay for and how important it is that the property is perfect. You should be able to find a property that suits your needs within a two month spell, with all the choice 1 week should be enough of intensive house visits. Have in mind that every month in advance is a month without income for the owner but I wouldn't imagine a problem with an owner waiting 4-8 weeks for a long term rental. Any more might be a bit much in my opinion.

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
02 Dec 2013 6:02 AM by Foxesglove Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Thank you Ian.  Your point about rental income is a good one and fully undestood.  Guessing the need to pre-plan months in advance has to be kerbed!  Thanks again for your advice.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Online shopping - 2 posts
Garage Needed - 0 posts
British expats are too busy to feel homesick- do you agree? - 48 posts
How Nice - 31 posts
Anybody been in this position - 2 posts
ABANDONED HOUSE -VALLE DE LOS PINOS -ORIHUELA/ALICANTE-info-please ! - 0 posts
Price review on ITP tax payment - 1 posts
Gas Heater Servicing - 5 posts
What is the pay like? - 1 posts
Cheapest Airline? - 12 posts
Cost of advertising on this website - 2 posts
New Spanish laws...... - 24 posts
Public Parking in Guaro - 2 posts
Uploading a photo - 4 posts
Spanish/Gib border control not illegal. - 27 posts
CBL Abogados - 0 posts
car hire debit card - 4 posts
13 most wanted criminals living in Spain - 1 posts
DOERS SHE OR DOESN'T SHE - 3 posts
Growl! - 6 posts
Free Banking In Spain ? - 4 posts
telefonica moviestar router - 3 posts
Anybody driving down to Murcia end of Nov - 0 posts
Spanish Banks through the eye of the WSJ - 0 posts
Questionnaire on Tourist Brochures of the Region of Murcia - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x