Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Sep 2013 10:11 AM by innes Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Hi

Help please.

I am trying very hard to complete a 210 tax return on line but have experienced some difficulties.

The first is when I tried to apply for an Identification code (NIF) for my wife.  I followed the instructions on the 210 form page; this took me to another site, whereby I completed the requested information, except for a code number, which at the time I did not have. 

On pressing continue, I received a message that the code number had been sent to my email address and I should use this code to complete the NIF request form.

I inserted the code number into the code box and pressed continue; only to find an error message appear on screen.  I was unable to move beyond this point.

Now when I start from scratch to input my wife’s information I am told that this person has already made an application and as a result I am not able to complete her 210 form without a NIF number.

I had better luck with my on form, only to stall at box 21.   At this point you are asked to insert the appropriate tax percentage that applies to 210 tax payers, which I believe to be 24.75%.  Unfortunately when I try to continue I receive an error message telling me that this percentage is incorrect.

I have found the whole process to be somewhat frustrating.  Firstly can anyone help with any of the above and secondly can I still complete the old 210 form by hand and pay at the bank?

INNES

Like 0      
18 Sep 2013 10:51 AM by henryreed Star rating in Berkhamsted Herts an.... 154 posts Send private message

To the best of my knowledge 24.75% is correct tax rate ( for non residents without permanent est) for tax year ending 31/12/2012

I have used this and it was accepted by the online form 210 at agenciatributaria.gob.es

Like 0      
18 Sep 2013 1:50 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

Innes:   The first is when I tried to apply for an Identification code (NIF) for my wife

If she has to pay the non residents property I would have thought that would mean her name must be on the property deeds (escritura)  in which case she must have an NIE;  that is the number you use on the 210 return

Like 0      
18 Sep 2013 2:16 PM by innes Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Thanks elaineG & henryreed.

I agree with both of you, but unfortunately if I use my wife’s NIE or insert 24.75% into box 21, I receive an error message in both cases.  That’s why I followed the instructions to apply for an NIF.

I will have another go to see where it takes me.  If I fail again, do either of you know if I can still complete the form manually?

Like 0      
18 Sep 2013 2:30 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

I agree with both of you, but unfortunately if I use my wife’s NIE or insert 24.75% into box 21, I receive an error message in both cases.  That’s why I followed the instructions to apply for an NIF.

I will have another go to see where it takes me.  If I fail again, do either of you know if I can still complete the form manually?

The NIE is for non-Spanish.  If you have the NIE then the completion is being rejected for another error.

When I did the return last year for my son I had a lot of difficulty getting the form to complete.

As from last year you cannot complete the form manually, it must be done on-line

What is the difference between an NIE and NIF number?

People often talk about or ask for your NIE or NIF number. In actuality they are the same. The NIE is used for confirming your identification whereas, if you wish to carry out any fiscal function such as opening a bank account, buy a property, car, boat etc it is referred to as an NIF (fiscal) number. Application requirement and the document issued are the same.

Like 0      
18 Sep 2013 3:08 PM by henryreed Star rating in Berkhamsted Herts an.... 154 posts Send private message

Just a thought, last year I had a problem with completing but found that I had put in wrong date(current year).

period/year should be 0A 2012

accrual date 31/12/2012

income type 02 currency 826

nie : a letter 7digits WorC

hope this helps

This message was last edited by henryreed on 18/09/2013.

Like 0      
18 Sep 2013 3:25 PM by innes Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Thank you all.

I have tried again and have made some progress.  Only one error message now and that relates to the tax %. (box 21).  I input 24 in one section of the box and 75 in the other.  Can't see any other way to do it.

My taxable amount is 543 and I calculate 24.75% to be 134.39.  The system seems to accept this but is not happy with the rate.

Like 0      
18 Sep 2013 3:51 PM by norm de plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

The whole thing is a mammoth cock up by AEAT.  I am still trying to pay last year`s tax.  I managed to complete the form after 4 hours but the bank system would not accept it.  I sent it off with a cheque and a letter of complaint.  I have had no reply and the cheque has not been presented.

Like 0      
18 Sep 2013 6:17 PM by henryreed Star rating in Berkhamsted Herts an.... 154 posts Send private message

Think you have cracked it there are two boxes for rate (whole number and  part after decimal point) No decimal point needed

Same is true for taxable amount whole number € and another for cents.

follow this all the way down

Good luck

This message was last edited by henryreed on 18/09/2013.

Like 0      
19 Sep 2013 11:56 AM by innes Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Success at last.  Thanks to you all, especially henryreed, your post fixed it for me. 

I simply chose the wrong was tax category.  Therefor the tax percentage (24.75%) was wrong for the category I had chosen.  It should have been category 02. 

Forms are now successfully downloaded.

Thanks againsmiley

Innes

Like 0      
19 Sep 2013 1:40 PM by lindaw164 Star rating in Glasgow and Jardins .... 253 posts Send private message

lindaw164´s avatar

We had the same problem as norm de plume.  I also sent a cheque which was eventially returned to me with a letter with their bank details.  I ony manged to get last year year's tax paid in August.  I suppose at least I have the bank details for this year's tax.

Like 0      
19 Sep 2013 1:55 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

Don’t be too surprised if you get a fine for late payment, as unfair as you may think that is.

( I once paid my son’s non resident owners property tax,  and in error showed the year before. It may have been for 2001 but I showed 2000.  He had already paid the tax for 2000.  He got a fine for not paying 2001, which I should have shown. It took quite a lot of effort to get Hacienda to accept that an error had been made with the date,  i.e. that 2000 had been apparently been paid twice, and for them to accept it was the payment for 2001, and for them withdraw the penalty).

Like 0      
25 Sep 2013 7:03 PM by crackers Star rating in Devon / Costa del So.... 81 posts Send private message

I'm trying to complete Form 210 on line, to print and pay at bank.  The version I am looking at differs from last year and I am having problems completing the liquidation section.  

Box 21 - Entered 24.75

Box 22 - Entered the result of VC x 24.75%

Box 24 & 27 defaults to the total from Box 22 which results in total in Box 28 being NIL

Is anyone else getting this?

Can box 27 which is 'Reduction of the convention 24-26' just be deleted?

Am I on the correct form 210

Thanks

Like 0      
27 Sep 2013 11:11 AM by norm de plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

I have now managed to pay my 2011 tax, thanks to a form compiled by the AEAT and a further visit to the Hacienda.  I have now spent nearly 2 days of my life trying to pay these incompetents.  Despite having sat on my letter of complaint and my cheque since December of last year, the bxxxxxxs had the cheek to charge me interest for the delay!

Like 0      
27 Sep 2013 1:47 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

Norm   Despite having sat on my letter of complaint and my cheque since December of last year, the bxxxxxxs had the cheek to charge me interest for the delay!

I did say "Don’t be too surprised if you get a fine for late payment, as unfair as you may think that is."

Like 0      
03 Oct 2013 6:27 PM by crackers Star rating in Devon / Costa del So.... 81 posts Send private message

I'm trying to complete Form 210 on line, to print and pay at bank.  The version I am looking at differs from last year and I am having problems completing the liquidation section.  

Box 21 - Entered 24.75

Box 22 - Entered the result of VC x 24.75%

Box 24 & 27 defaults to the total from Box 22 which results in total in Box 28 being NIL

Had yet another go and this time box 27 remained blank so problem solved.  Don't know why I got this problem ... the form looks the same and the information entered was the same. Forms now complete and ready to print.

Like 0      
09 Oct 2013 8:52 AM by tricia52 Star rating in Dublin. 277 posts Send private message

Hi all, can anyone advise if it is possible to pay non-residents tax through a foreign bank. We are based in Dublin. I thought I read instructions somewhere on how to do it, but of course now I can't find them now!! 

If not can I pay in any bank by leaving the bank section blank and just pay in cash, as our own local bank branch will be closed and moved to Almeria by the time we arrive at the end of the month!

Thanks

Like 0      
09 Oct 2013 10:28 AM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

If not can I pay in any bank by leaving the bank section blank and just pay in cash, as our own local bank branch will be closed and moved to Almeria by the time we arrive at the end of the month!

I do not think you can pay outside Spain as they electronically read the unique bar code on each return.

I have not yet done my son's 210 for this year, but up until last year, it was no problem to pay any any bank in Spain.  I assume (dangerous I know) that it will still be OK.   You could of course give your bank a call just confirm this.

Like 0      
09 Oct 2013 10:48 AM by norm de plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

Why on earth they cannot drag themselves into the 21st century and allow us to do it by bank transfer (or even by cheque or debit card) I do not know.  But then the Spanish Civil Service only exists for its own benefit!

Like 0      
09 Oct 2013 3:50 PM by kathyslad Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

I personally don't pay this, but I was looking at the form the other day, and as far as I can see, there are instructions in the form about to pay it by overseas bank transfer. It has been possible since March 2011

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

sports bar - 0 posts
Revoking Power of Attorney - 19 posts
Are all the Banka Banks in Southern Spain Closing? - 8 posts
The simple solution to the Bank Guarantee Abuse - 21 posts
About a roof: to pitch or not to pitch - 9 posts
changing car ownership - 0 posts
Wanted Spanish property P/X - 0 posts
Astra 2E launch delayed....again... - 1 posts
Returning Resident Cert - 3 posts
Tribal Price Lists - 10 posts
Recession or Incompetence - 0 posts
online shopping - 0 posts
S1 Early Retiree - loophole maybe - 5 posts
RENEWING PADRON - 6 posts
Quimbombo - 11 posts
EOS SITE UPDATES - 5 posts
Long term apartment rental Rojales - 0 posts
Changing Endesa Direct Debit Details - 6 posts
very confused about future tv - 5 posts
A relaxing cup of café con leche! - Olympic Spanglish - 2 posts
Glass curtain enclosures - Vera area - 2 posts
Buying prescription Glasses online - 7 posts
Angela Merkel: saviour or tormentor? Spain wants her out... - 0 posts
UN happiness survey published - Spain is pretty unhappy - 1 posts
Electronic Cigarettes Airline Sales.. should it be allowed ? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x