RYANAIR

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Aug 2013 12:41 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

What a load of absolute rubbish!  Scratching a living?  Less fortunate?  So who do you choose?  Have Singapore Air suddenly opened up a route from Liverpool to Murcia?  Do Cathay Pacific fly from East Midlands to Alicante?  Or perhaps  QANTAS is now doing an Edinburgh to Malaga trip?

Ryanair is a bus company that goes from convenient airports to convenient airports - full stop!

If the inverted snobs on here want to travel in UK for hours to get to an airport where a "nicer class" of airplane goes from then so be it.  East Midlands was 20 minutes from where I used to live.  If BMI had a decent time I would choose them.  But they are now defunct, no more, deceased, a dead airline.  I could, of course, have paid more than the cost of the flight to go by train to London and  fly BA but (and here's the thing) they didn't fly to any airport near me until very recently.  And they also treat you like cattle class except they give you an ice cold chicken wrap and a cup of tea which has cost you 50 quid extra (great value).

For a flight just over two hours I would willingly accept Ryanair.  They are on time (something that can't be said for BA) and go from a good place to a good place at a decent price.

And now, sooz, what sock puppet account have you opened this time?  

Like 0      
30 Aug 2013 8:45 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Some things do not have to be experienced, and that isn't me being contemptuous prior to investigation - I just don't fancy travelling cattle class to be honest.  Oh and forgive me, I was unaware I could only post "reliable information" how very obtuse of me.  I think that's where the original poster must have made a mistake, by airing an opinion.  I shall endeavour in future to be less remiss:)

You didn't have an opinion, you didn't even post reliable information, what you posted was what you saw and heard from others, think thats called hearsay, the adverse news you have seen about this man and his airline means nothing to you due to the fact that trying to please everyone is impossible to say the least, and you haven't even given him the benefit of the doubt because you believe all you are told and hear.

Try it, cattle class could be right up your street, you wont ever know unless you try it.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2013 10:38 AM by Nostradamus Star rating in Dublin y Catalunya. 26 posts Send private message

I have not had access to this thread for a day or two for particular reasons and  in any event having read Foxyladys last post I had concluded that the thread had run its natural course and should be allowed to drop away.However,Fartharder has named me,quite legitimately,in his last post and therefore I feel required to make some points of clarification

1.My post of 18 August was prompted by the genuine fear that the thread would develop in a very dangerous direction,with serious consequences for individual posters and indeed this forum itself. Newspaper  reports of some months ago carried the news that Ryanair had secured at court the names of two pilots(their usernames were given in the newspaper reports)who had contributed to a pilots forum and the airline planned to to sue them for defamation.Shortly after the forum closed down. It appears that some people heeded my warning and strong croticisms of the airline were expressed subsequently but worded quite carefully.I was also of the opinion that if Ryanair or a court examined the thread they might well look at the thread as a whole and my direct expression of confidence in Ryanairs safety arrangements might serve to counterbalance other postings of a particular character

2.Foxilady in Dec 2012 started the "Rudeair" thread in which she stated" I do complain about them(Ryanair) since 2001 when they were very rude to me" I made a couple of non-controversial  postings on  that thread-which remember was headed "Rudeair-and recalled her comments and was struck by her comment in the current thread that she had never flown with Ryanair.I have a mind which is troubled by inconsistencies and I raised the issue with her.I did not bother to check the Rudeair thread and was quite prepared for her to reply that my recollection was faulty.I did not see the issue as being of great consequence

3.In the Rudeair thread Foxilady presented as a bright,confident,witty woman,relishing the cut and thrust of internet  debate and scoring very well .I saw no sign of the sensitivity evidenced in her latest post on this thread.I  do agree that I attacked her  position in the debate as a small part of my post and stand over anything I posted in this regard The last thing I would wish to do is to cause her distress at a personal level  and if this occurred  I regret it.The a-word which she applied to me is water off a ducks back to me,certainly no hard feelings on my part

4.This thread should be about Ryanair,not Foxilady or Nostrodamus,and I  do not expect to post further in this matter

Like 0      
02 Sep 2013 11:20 AM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

bobaol said.......I wonder how much it costs to rent an outlet at Alicante?  I could open a print shop and print out the boarding cards for passengers on all flights for about €5 a pop.  And maybe a bag crushing service to squeeze the hold luggage down to the correct size for each different airline.   Each customer would be given the T&C for each airline in super huge print..

I'd be happy tp pay you 5 euros if you did. However you'd be forever clearing any previous Ryanair print offs on your computers. You see if there is any history of Ryan air on your computer, their emails containing passenger details don't open.....yet another obstacle to stop you printing off your own boarding pass........and it took several phone calls to them before someone could tell me this.....

Like 0      
02 Sep 2013 11:43 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 744 posts Send private message

Yes I found tht when a friends wife emailed the tat to me. But ,when he came round & we inputted the details ; reference code etc; into the site it all came up ok & printed out.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
02 Sep 2013 12:10 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Clear the cookies from your PC now and again.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Legal tip 1008. Foreign investments in Spain. Bit two - 0 posts
Legal tip 1006. Foreign investment in Spain. Bit one - 0 posts
seeking trustworthy letting agent almeria area - 0 posts
Law firm to get my money back from CBL and a developer in Spain - 3 posts
Cajamar bank - 6 posts
Each to their own I suppose - 8 posts
Car Information - 11 posts
Vuelta 2013 - 2 posts
FORD PUMA FOR SALE - 1 posts
Portugal makes unexpectedly dramatic exit from recession - could Spain follow suit? - 0 posts
Boat Trip - 6 posts
Foreign Office to complain to Madrid after Gibraltar motorists endure five hour delays - 0 posts
Importance of fencing in garden - 1 posts
IHT a query - 34 posts
Murcia supermarket opening times - 3 posts
Drip irrigation for garden, your views? - 3 posts
Help Re renting around El Chaparral, Torrevieja " - 0 posts
Help wanted - 0 posts
replacing a kindle. - 4 posts
NEAREST BEACH HOTELS/APARTMENTS TO ALMERIA AIRPORT - 0 posts
Crockery, glasses, etc. - Ikea or Supermarket? - 11 posts
Clubhouse Bar/Rest Eroski Centre - 1 posts
bike for sale - 0 posts
Wanted bar fridge and shade sails - 0 posts
Mazarron (where?) crying foul - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 126

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x