Importance of fencing in garden

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Aug 2013 8:11 PM by MichaelVisser Star rating in California. 9 posts Send private message

Fences are important for garden as it acts as a protecter of your garden it saves it from any natural irrationals like wind or heavy rain ,water logging ,last month I visited a Spainish family they wer telling about some cultural importance of fences in Spain can any body illustrate if what they said was true.

Like 0      
15 Aug 2013 10:01 AM by amogles Star rating in El Campello (holiday.... 174 posts Send private message

I am told that especially in rural areas, borders between properties are not always clearly defined. The maps you find on the Catastro are only approximate and do not always fully reflect reality. Furthermore, if you illegally occupy somebody else's land (or some tiny corner thereof) and the owner fails to complain or make any attempt to evict you, under certain conditions the land can legally become yours after a certain period of time. This alone makes it important to fence off such land and prevent you having to worry about such "misunderstandings", espcially if it is a holiday property and you are away much of the time. Similarly if people start taking a shortcut across your land and you take no steps to prevent them from doing so, under certain conditions that pathway across your land could become a legal right of way after a certain number of years and you would lose the right to prevent people from using it. I know a family who have a rural property no part of which faces any public road so they have to cross through the neighbour's land to get there. Although they were assured the right of way was legal when they bought the property, the neighbour has since sold his property and the new owner is a grumpy old guy who never opens the door or answers the phone but is continuously putting obstructions across the right of way. It's a very unpleasant situation to have to live with.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

IHT a query - 34 posts
Murcia supermarket opening times - 3 posts
Drip irrigation for garden, your views? - 3 posts
Help Re renting around El Chaparral, Torrevieja " - 0 posts
Help wanted - 0 posts
replacing a kindle. - 4 posts
NEAREST BEACH HOTELS/APARTMENTS TO ALMERIA AIRPORT - 0 posts
Crockery, glasses, etc. - Ikea or Supermarket? - 11 posts
Clubhouse Bar/Rest Eroski Centre - 1 posts
bike for sale - 0 posts
Wanted bar fridge and shade sails - 0 posts
Mazarron (where?) crying foul - 9 posts
IS THE SIESTA OUTDATED - 5 posts
car excess - 0 posts
Legal action in UK over spanish properry debt - 25 posts
NIE APPLICATION - 14 posts
MY SPANISH HERO - 0 posts
Theft -a warning to all - 10 posts
Refund Process La Caixa - 0 posts
Promotion Internationals calls for 0€ throughout 2013 - 0 posts
Certificate of Energy Efficiency - 2 posts
Goldcar Car rental has just cheated me - 19 posts
New to the site but need some advice. - 7 posts
Cost of living UK / Spain - 0 posts
If the UK were to give back Gibraltar, what would the Spanish do with it? - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x